collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 09:41:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 389413 times)

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #2190 on: February 11, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »
Conclusive evidence it was a knock on. Now will you Welshists shut up?

https://rugbyonslaught.com/update-enhanced-footage-shows-anscombe-try-disallowed-anyway/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:15:15 PM by Jon Crofts »

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2191 on: February 11, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
And then France completely fall apart in the 2nd half and lose all semblance of discipline.

Quel surprise as they say in Calais.

We shouldn't really have too many issues against France or Scotland. Both defences looked poor at times.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2192 on: February 11, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »

https://rugbyonslaught.com/update-enhanced-footage-shows-anscombe-try-disallowed-anyway/

Hardly conclusive!!  The result of the game is done and dusted now, but if it was a knock on then that is two decisions the TMO got wrong which is of a wider concern.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #2193 on: February 11, 2018, 08:15:43 PM »

Hardly conclusive!!  The result of the game is done and dusted now, but if it was a knock on then that is two decisions the TMO got wrong which is of a wider concern.

And still they whinge.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2194 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »

And still they whinge.

Sigh.  Not whinging at all, as the play went back for a penalty which Patchell kicked, so had it been try and the scores remained the same, Wales would have still lost. 

Take who was playing out of it yesterday, J just think it is pretty alarming for the game in general that a TMO in an important game can mess things up the way he did.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:26:31 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2195 on: February 11, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
I think Wales have strangely benefited hugely from the injuries they've had. It's forced Gatland into picking players that play a far more effective style of Rugby.

For instance Patchell should easily be their first choice fly half regardless of injuries.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2196 on: February 11, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »
Hopefully Nathan Hughes will be back in two weeks time and Simmonds can come off the bench. Noticeable yesterday when Simmonds got injured that Robshaw for all his qualities is not a no 8

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2197 on: February 11, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

I called that last night.

Tom, the entire thing was full of marginal calls and was almost impossible to judge with any certainty either way.  They decided to focus on the grounding but if that had been fine I suspect they might have had a proper look at the knock on.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2198 on: February 11, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »

I called that last night.

Tom, the entire thing was full of marginal calls and was almost impossible to judge with any certainty either way.  They decided to focus on the grounding but if that had been fine I suspect they might have had a proper look at the knock on.

Maybe so Paul, but he had two looks at it and made the decision.  It is a tough one, because unlike cricket, there are no additional definitive technologies like snicko, ball tracking etc.  It's why integrating into football is going to be a bit tricky. 

Anyway, it's coincidental now and the better side on the day won.  The tournament moves on and although the standard isn't always of a high level it's still a great spectacle.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #2199 on: February 13, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Several Frenchies dropped after a night on the ale in Edinburgh after the loss to the Jocks.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2200 on: February 13, 2018, 06:39:12 PM »

For me, I wasn't sure, but, my mate called it 'No Try' straight away.
I suppose it was a case of 'What goes around, comes around' Wales scored a try after a 2 yard forward pass vrs Scotland

Offline luke:lamf

« Reply #2201 on: February 13, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »
That's something that's bugged me throughout the first two rounds, and on the odd occasions I've watched Super Rugby. It seems the refs barely bother to penalise a forward pass these days unless it's something Tom Brady and his ilk would be proud of. I'm all for a flowing game, but rules are rules...

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2202 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »
That's something that's bugged me throughout the first two rounds, and on the odd occasions I've watched Super Rugby. It seems the refs barely bother to penalise a forward pass these days unless it's something Tom Brady and his ilk would be proud of. I'm all for a flowing game, but rules are rules...

Southern Hemisphere teams, especially New Zealand, are notorious for it.  Hardly ever get pulled up either.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2203 on: February 15, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »
This isn't a dig at Tom, just a general moan. I do wish some of the bitter Welsh fuckers that I would class as proper friends would let it go. I am still getting "it isn't fair, isn't it" text messages now.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2204 on: February 16, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »
This isn't a dig at Tom, just a general moan. I do wish some of the bitter Welsh fuckers that I would class as proper friends would let it go. I am still getting "it isn't fair, isn't it" text messages now.

Don't expect those to stop any time soon.  Many fans are only just about getting over Andy Haden's dive in 1978.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal