collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 389374 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: International Rugby
« Reply #1905 on: July 01, 2017, 10:35:16 AM »
Incredible game and well done for coming back to win after an atrocious 20 minutes in the 2nd half from the Lions.

I don't know what the coaches said to them at half time, but the discipline was horrific. Especially Vunipola who has surely played his last minute on this tour.

I also think that Gatland left it too long to get Lawes on who made a big impact.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #1906 on: July 01, 2017, 10:36:36 AM »
Brilliant win and nerve wracking. Thought The Lions had blown it halfway through the second half.

Not very often the All Blacks don't score any tries, so well done The Lions defence. I can't recall the AB's ever looking like scoring a try.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1907 on: July 01, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »
Great result that, well done.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1908 on: July 01, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
Just watched the highlights it's a definite red. On a selfish England, it's big for the likes of Farrell, Daly, Maro etc to know they can beat the All Blacks.

Online nigel

« Reply #1909 on: July 01, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »
Sonny Bill red carded in the first half, might make it a more even game for the Lions now.

Was a clear red but the lions tried their hardest to fuck it up still.  Tactics and discipline were poor in the 2nd half which kept the  all blacks in the game.

Pleased the ref didn't bottle it and only give a yellow!

Maco was a liability today, although I will add I thought a couple against him seemed pretty hash.

The Lions were crying out for Courtney Lawes.  I thought once he came on things seemed to turn back the Lions way.
Itoje was, once again, exceptional.
Sinkler also did really well when he came on.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1910 on: July 01, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
Sinkler also did really well when he came on.

One of life's small pleasures is that moment when a front row player makes a break and there's nothing but grass ahead.  The realisation, confusion and then panic is always a joy to witness.  Sinkler does not fall into the category, he seems to know what he's doing.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1911 on: July 01, 2017, 05:48:15 PM »
The Lions weirdly seemed to be better when playing with equal numbers today. They started really well with a good intensity for the first 20 minutes. They scored the 1st try with Vunipola in the sin bin with some lovely rugby.

I don't know if it took the Lions 40 minutes or so to realise the advantage the red card gave them, as the first 20 minutes in the 2nd half were awful from a discipline point of view.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #1912 on: July 01, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »
I'd guess that before the game the team's instructions were to slow down the AB (to avoid last week's debacle) and it took ages, maybe the last 10 minutes, for them to realise that the dynamic of the game had changed with the ABs down to 14 men.  The game management by the Lions was poor I thought, whereas the ABs quickly adapted, slowing the game at every opportunity.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1913 on: July 01, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »
Looking back at the highlights, with the penalty given for the tackle on Sinkler in the air, I don't think its possible to overstate the importance of what Conor Murray does.

Sinkler was absolutely seething at the tackle and would most probably have got the penalty reversed if it wasn't for Murray grabbing him and calming him down.

Sinkler is a great prospect moving forward for England, but he needs to remove that anger to incidents from his game. It will be detrimental to his team if he continues that way.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:47:43 PM by taylorsworkrate »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1914 on: July 01, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »
Looking back at the highlights, with the penalty given for the tackle on Sinkler in the air, I don't think its possible to overstate the importance of what Conor Murray does.

Sinkler was absolutely seething at the tackle and would most probably have got the penalty reversed if it wasn't for Murray grabbing him and calming him down.

Sinkler is a great prospect moving forward for England, but he needs to remove that anger to incidents from his game. It will be detrimental to his team if he continues that way.

That's why I'm not sure if he's quite ready for internationals.

I like Conor Murray, he's the only 9 they've taken on the tour that is international class for me.

Online nigel

« Reply #1915 on: July 01, 2017, 09:33:43 PM »
For the 3rd test I think it might have to be Itoje and Lawes for 2nd row.
Maco has probably put himself out of the running so McGrath will be in.
9, 10, 12 has to back to Murray, Farrell & Te'o

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #1916 on: July 01, 2017, 09:40:37 PM »
Is it an automatic suspension for SBW?

Online nigel

« Reply #1917 on: July 01, 2017, 10:02:41 PM »
I'd have thought so, as the commentators were going on about the lad that came on, Lanuape (?), starting.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1918 on: July 01, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »
Is it an automatic suspension for SBW?

Yeah, will be a couple of weeks for that, effectively taking him out of the last test and 1-2 club games.

Online nigel

« Reply #1919 on: July 02, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
Here's a question for you Paul,  this chap was saying that the final penalty, tackle in the air on Sinkler, was not a penalty as you can't jump into a pass!
Is this right?
I think he's getting mixed up with jumping the tackle.
Been a long time since I looked at the rule changes, but, it certainly wasn't there when I played.

Just to add this guys a New Zealander 😊

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal