collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 381773 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: International Rugby
« Reply #1230 on: November 12, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
The first SA try was a shocker of a decision but England are deserved winners.  A few superb performanes in there.

I'm not counting that try. It's the sort of decision that should see the referee immediately banished from the sport.

England were good at times, but there should be much more to come

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1231 on: November 12, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
Mixture of excellent from England with a few bits of real sloppiness.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1232 on: November 12, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
Got to watch for those defensive errors.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1233 on: November 12, 2016, 07:00:22 PM »
Watching it back it was a terrific performance by Youngs today.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1234 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:24 PM »
Poor South Africa  team, but, still a great result for this England team.
My MotM was Ben Youngs, but, I was a back after all 😊
There were some big performers out there, so no problem with Joe Launchbury. 

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1235 on: November 12, 2016, 07:03:39 PM »
No idea what it looked like on TV but how the hell was Ben Youngs not MOTM?  Ok Launchbury put a shift in but really a MOTM performance?

Anyway, great day at Twickenham, Lawes, Billy and May all superb, Robshaw gets better and better at 6.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1236 on: November 12, 2016, 10:02:02 PM »
Youngs had a bit of an armchair ride today.  He explointed the space he was given magnificently but the pack (and Launchbury and Lawes in particular) were absoutely top draw, SA were over commiting to the breakdown and defending the channels really narrowly because our forwards were smashing the shit out of them which meant 2 steps out from the breakdown and there were big gaps.

I think they got it spot on but I'm surprised they didn't name drop Lawes before they gave the decision.  Honestly that was about 55 minutes of utter perfection from the forwards, early on they were a little imprecise and getting pinged for it and the last 5 we took our foot off the gas a little early but no one in the world would've been comfortable in the middle.

Oh and I disagree that SA were poor, they're not at their best but there's only 2 teams in world rugby who could've made them look at bad today.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1237 on: November 13, 2016, 12:44:04 AM »
Got to say Paul I think your being harsh on Youngs. The pack was great, but he was fantastic in his own right.

Farrell really is developing superbly as well.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1238 on: November 13, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »
Got to say Paul I think your being harsh on Youngs. The pack was great, but he was fantastic in his own right.

Farrell really is developing superbly as well.

I think you misunderstand me. Youngs was superb yesterday, all i mean is that there won't have been a 9 in the world who doesn't look at that game and wish they could play with a pack like that.

He used the advantages the pack gave him brilliantly and, as the saying goes, controlled how much we won by, but the victory was decided by the forwards and in particular the 2nd row.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1239 on: November 13, 2016, 11:32:33 AM »
Youngs had a bit of an armchair ride today.  He explointed the space he was given magnificently but the pack (and Launchbury and Lawes in particular) were absoutely top draw, SA were over commiting to the breakdown and defending the channels really narrowly because our forwards were smashing the shit out of them which meant 2 steps out from the breakdown and there were big gaps.

I think they got it spot on but I'm surprised they didn't name drop Lawes before they gave the decision.  Honestly that was about 55 minutes of utter perfection from the forwards, early on they were a little imprecise and getting pinged for it and the last 5 we took our foot off the gas a little early but no one in the world would've been comfortable in the middle.

Oh and I disagree that SA were poor, they're not at their best but there's only 2 teams in world rugby who could've made them look at bad today.

Sorry, Paul, I see what you're saying.
By saying it was a poor SA team I didn't mean poor team as in poor squad of players.
I should have said that It was a poor SA team performance, and that was due to England's performance.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1240 on: November 13, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »

By saying it was a poor SA team I didn't mean poor team as in poor squad of players.
I should have said that It was a poor SA team performance, and that was due to England's performance.

Then we agree.  I only mention it because I saw a few others comments about them now having lost 5 in 6 and therefore it's not that big a win (it'll be no surprise to hear they're from the Welsh people) which is quite clearly nonsense.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1241 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »

Then we agree.  I only mention it because I saw a few others comments about them now having lost 5 in 6 and therefore it's not that big a win (it'll be no surprise to hear they're from the Welsh people) which is quite clearly nonsense.

No mention of our 5 or 6 out, though 😊

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1242 on: November 14, 2016, 02:07:25 PM »
No idea what it looked like on TV but how the hell was Ben Youngs not MOTM?   

His dummy to set up the Ford try was one of the most outrageous I've seen for many a year. The look of bemusement on the Bok bloke's face was superb

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1243 on: November 14, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »

His dummy to set up the Ford try was one of the most outrageous I've seen for many a year. The look of bemusement on the Bok bloke's face was superb

du Toit - how they thought he was suitable to have as a flanker I'll never know, far too slow (and immobile) to be a modern back row, compare and contrast with Robshaw and Wood.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #1244 on: November 14, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »

du Toit - how they thought he was suitable to have as a flanker I'll never know, far too slow (and immobile) to be a modern back row, compare and contrast with Robshaw and Wood.

I have never played the game though I enjoy the internationals, and I honestly thought du Toit sold himself far too easily, good dummy though it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal