collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 386238 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Rugby World Cup 2015
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
There you go, NZ get into the lead with a try that no one questions even though McCaw is on the wrong side right in the path of the defender who would've filled the gap that Smith ran through, pathetic from the ref and the commentators.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »
Even with 2 yellows you can still count the breakdown infringements in every play, it's institutionalised cheating that's completely inseparable from the good elements of their game. I'd love to see the refs go all out in pinging them but we'd see games with 11 or 12 players on one side if they did.

Not just the breakdown - they actually got pinged for a forward pass this match.  I thought the ABs has special dispensation to pass the ball forwards?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
I find myself getting really angry watching this, take away the cheating and I genuinely don't think they're all that. If you're allowed to come in from the side stand in the way of cover defenders it's easy to get quick ball and find gaps.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
Haven't NZ got a few nice, sedate games against proper nations like Tonga, Georgia, and Namibia before they get to the business end of the tournament?

Well played, NZ, well played.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Wales might be in a spot of bother with their injuries at prop.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »
Wales might be in a spot of bother with their injuries at prop.

Harsh as it sounds I hope so, Saturday definitely looks like a good day to play them.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »
Uncontesetd scrum from the get go?

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »
I had a great weekend, went to Twickenham Friday, Brighton Saturday and Wembley yesterday.
The worst atmosphere and experience was Wembley yetserday - huge crowd, the Argies treid to get the atmosphere going but NZ really are boring tema, boring crowd.  the Man U of rugby as well, so many glory hunter in black.  And then the obligatory hour to get out of the ground and to the tube. 

Friday was good, Twickenham was really bouncing which you can't say very often.  They did a good job of warming the crowd up before they started broadcasting the opening ceremony and depsite England stuttering somewhat, the crowd stayed buoyant throughout.  We had French singing La Marseillaise, Argies singing and bouncing and everyone not English supporting Fiji, which is how it should be!! 

Saturday though, what a day.  Beers on the beach, shuttlke to the ground and then that performance from Japan, wow.  I reckon we celebrated the last try as much as if England had won the WC. 

the best thing about the whole weekend though has been the overall atmosphere - chatting to overseas visitors, hugging every Japanese person in sight, debating the games and predictions with Aussies, Kiwis, Welsh, Irish all while drinking an awful lot of beer.  No trouble, everyone waiting patiently in queues where necessary and just an all round good time.  i do wish Football could be like that.

I'm at VP Sunday and am interested to see what the atmosphere is like, because it's not really a hotbed area for rugby is it!

Offline paul_e

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2015, 11:36:58 AM »

I don't think that's allowed.  They can call up replacements but we'll be looking at 4th or 5th choice props on the bench and the likes of Marler and Cole will just dismantle them.

Duncan - your experience is why I love rugby, even with huge rivals it's always friendly. the fans are just so much better behaved than in football.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »

I don't think that's allowed.  They can call up replacements but we'll be looking at 4th or 5th choice props on the bench and the likes of Marler and Cole will just dismantle them.

Duncan - your experience is why I love rugby, even with huge rivals it's always friendly. the fans are just so much better behaved than in football.

I'm sure it's not, I was just fooling.

Great story I heard coming out of Brighton Saturday, at the railway station the SA fans formed a guard of honour for the Japan fans and allowed them all to board trains before them.  How about that.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »
The whole pub seemed to turn Japanese in that last 10 minutes.

Isn't that a euphemism for wanking?
Interesting choice of pub!

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2015, 12:25:40 PM »
The whole pub seemed to turn Japanese in that last 10 minutes.

Isn't that a euphemism for wanking?
Interesting choice of pub!

Ha ha, we were all singin it in the stands at the end, and I explained to my 15 yr old lad the percieved meaning of the song and he thought it was hilarious!

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »

I'm sure it's not, I was just fooling.

Great story I heard coming out of Brighton Saturday, at the railway station the SA fans formed a guard of honour for the Japan fans and allowed them all to board trains before them.  How about that.

They were and there was lots of hugging going on.  It was just incredible really.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2015, 12:44:34 PM »
Really enjoyed going to the Millenium yesterday and then going to the fan park for the NZ game. Great atmosphere all round.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
Anyone been to the fan park at Millenium Point?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal