collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Famous Aston Villa vs Brummie Red Scum of Humanity Man Utd Pre-Match Thread  (Read 21661 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Well, I might as well start this thread as it's only four days away. Anyway who has ever started a match thread at home to these bastards is clearly unlucky so I decided to have a go.

I fucking hate this game and everything that goes with it. The referee. Wayne Rooney hurling abuse at said referee for the entire game without so much as a ticking off. Most of their players, come to think of it. The fans in the away end with their repertoire of anti-Scouse songs even though most of them don't live within a hundred miles of the North-West. The glory-hunting bellends in the home end who have to shout their mouths off, the patronising "it's our favourite ground" comments in the build up. Most of all though, I hate the way that we never ever fucking beat the bastards.

We will on Friday though.

Us 3 (Richards, Gestede, Ayew) Them 1 (Young).

Oh and "why is it being played on a Friday?" to rival "can they bid more than the release clause?" and "why didn't Barry take the penalty?" for the most asked question in H&V history.

Offline aj2k77

Is it that time again already? Even just by the law of averages we should beat these eventually. 96 minute winner with Sherwood dancing around and Parks sliding on the pitch on his knees will do for me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
Parks?

Offline aj2k77

Parks?

Keeper coach, seems to be very animated on the touchline.

Offline warleyboy

Can see a draw, and would take it all day long.

2-2 with Gestede and Gabby scoring.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Up the pub in Chichester to watch this for me. I shall no doubt bump into copious numbers of their gobby gloryhunting fans who all have relatives living in Manchester, no honestly guv. I always  like to respond by saying I know Manchester really well as I used to live there (which is utter bollocks) and then I press them on exactly which area of the city. If they can name one, I then press them for the exact road and house number by saying I know the area really well as I used to live just round the corner. It's fun to watch them squirm and realise they have been found out...

Oh, and if anyone wants to do the same to me regarding Birmingham and now living down here, it's 21 Selly Wick Road! :-)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
Parks?

Keeper coach, seems to be very animated on the touchline.

Cheers. This must have passed me by!

Offline flybo

can not see a Villa win :-( but hope i am wrong.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
0-3 defeat.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
I can see Gestede having a field day in the air against their central defence.

If we get ten corners we'll score at least 8 so my guess is 8-8, or 8-9 with them scoring in the 112th minute and their annual pitch invasion being hailed as wonderful exhuberance.  We get a £250,000 fine and have to play two games behind closed doors and our allocation reduced for the return fixture at Old Trafford. Oh and Ashley Young will do that ear thing when he shins one in at the Holte End.

Offline Proposition Joe

Should this thread not be retitled "Washington Generals vs Harlem Globetrotters"?  Although, Globetrotters vs Generals matches are maybe a little more unpredictable than this fixture.  Still, at least it's out of the way early this year.

Offline richard moore

0-3 defeat.

Unlike you Pete, I tend to be quite pessimistic when we play them...

Online Deano's Mullet

I can remember this being our first fixture at home at least twice - once in BFRs first season and the immortal Never win anything with kids game. I honestly can't believe it's twenty years since we beat them at home, its got to happen sooner or later but I can see us losing in the last minute despite playing really well.
1-2 them

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Hate this game. Hate them. Hate their wanky glory hunting fans. Hate their wanky Manc fans. Hate them far more than I do small heath.

I rarely go to this game, this season will be no exception.

Please Villa, twat the living fuck out of this lot.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Good to get this out the way nice and early. 2-1 home win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal