collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 163235 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Idrissa Gueye - now signed
« Reply #645 on: September 22, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
agreed. Much as I will give Ayew a chance, I think there were better options around for the money, with the obvious caveat that the other options were always going to have an element of risk;  Rondon, as you say, looks like a decent signing .

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #646 on: September 22, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
agreed. Much as I will give Ayew a chance, I think there were better options around for the money, with the obvious caveat that the other options were always going to have an element of risk;  Rondon, as you say, looks like a decent signing .

I think you've been listening to WM too much.  Franksy was fawning over his performance on Saturday, but from what I saw he looked a few stone overweight, very slow and exhausted after about 25 minutes.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #647 on: September 22, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

I think you've been listening to WM too much.  Franksy was fawning over his performance on Saturday, but from what I saw he looked a few stone overweight, very slow and exhausted after about 25 minutes.

I thought he looked like a decent target man on saturday

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #648 on: September 22, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »
slow, a few stone overweight and exhausted after 25minutes sounds more like one of ours

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #649 on: September 22, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »

I thought he looked like a decent target man on saturday

He didn't look to be anything amazing, but he looked better than any striker we've had in our team so far this season.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #650 on: September 22, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »
slow, a few stone overweight and exhausted after 25minutes sounds more like one of ours

Looked good first half. Then tiny oenis shut up shop and he didnt get a kick

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #651 on: September 25, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
Gueye back in full training.  That's pretty quick for a hamstring, but fantastic news.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #652 on: September 25, 2015, 12:10:55 PM »
Excellent news. It's a bit annoying that for all we spent (even considering the fact that we needed replacements for two very good players), he's the only midfielder we have who can carry the ball forward with confidence - although hopefully Veretout will show that he can do that as well in due course.

Offline KRS

« Reply #653 on: September 25, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »
Gueye and Veretout were the only 2 midfielders we signed this summer...if anything it simply emphasises the lack of quality in midfield before we signed them. I suppose Traore could also count as a midfielder but all 3 are comfortable on the ball and are great additions to the squad. Hopefully we'll be able to strengthen in midfield further next summer.

Anyways, great news that both Gueye and Traore are back in training...hopefully they'll be able to get some game time against Stoke after a week training. We'll be a completely different prospect with both of them in the team.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #654 on: September 25, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
An exciting prospect at that.

Offline badminton

« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2015, 11:48:46 AM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:50:35 PM by badminton »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #656 on: October 29, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
Can't believe he was dropped from the squad for anything more than fitness reasons yesterday.

Offline Randy Gurner

« Reply #657 on: October 29, 2015, 12:40:35 PM »
Can't believe he was dropped from the squad for anything more than fitness reasons yesterday.

He hasn't looked fully fit since he injured his hamstring and tired rapidly in the last 10 minutes against Swansea (shame Sherwood didn't spot that or Richardson getting overrun by their sub). Hopefully he'll be back, fully fit, on Monday

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »

I didn't have an issue with resting some players. But there were some players who could and should have played, and we could easily have selected players in a system to create and score goals. Gil hasn't played much. Neither has Ayew or Traore. We don't need to go over Kozak. There was no need to set up the side to stop Southampton from playing. He could have rotated the squad but still showed a desire to attack and win.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #659 on: October 31, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »

gabby

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal