collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 163186 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Idrissa Gueye - now signed
« Reply #510 on: July 20, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »
I appreciate that it is Monday so I might be a bit slow on the uptake but am I missing what was wrong with what he said?

I just think it's a dumb think to say. I wouldn't say it on my first day in a job.
I suppose we're not signing these guys for their etiquette.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #511 on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:51 PM »
"PR disaster" - jesus christ.

If there's one man who's PR was spot on, it's the big JC.

Exactly, Tom Fox needs to stop fannying about and bring in Jesus's PR team immediately. Course, knowing Villa he'll try and save a few quid and we'll end up with Judas Iscariot's people instead. It's bound to be a disaster. ("And the Lord spake and He said, "How far we have fallen..."")

I wonder how's JC's PR team would have handled it when The Sun splashed the exclusive on the front page of his relationship with Mary Magdalene and the rumours of her other "career".

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #512 on: July 20, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
Benteke said something similar when he arrived. Three years as one of the best in the business and a 350% profit when Gueye leaves will do for me.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
In the food chain every club is a stepping stone to a select few. Playing for Nice was a stepping stone for Gueye to get into the PL with us. If he does well we'll get paid and he advances. Hopefully if we do well then he'll stick around for a bit longer. That's the goal ultimately. And when he moves we have in place the next Gueye or Amavi.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #514 on: July 20, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
On Gueye - After last weeks events, shouldn't we appreciate a bit of honesty from a player?

On Jesus - Yeah, spinning the fact that he was getting executed as a common criminal, into 'allowing himself to be crucified to death, so He could save us from our sins', was the ultimate PR coup IMO

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #515 on: July 20, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »
Benteke said something similar when he arrived. Three years as one of the best in the business and a 350% profit when Gueye leaves will do for me.

Precisely and it's why I think that in general most people don't have a problem with Benteke going. The only way we'll ever progress is buying promising talent, getting good performances out of them and then selling them at big profits.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #516 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »
Have we started blaming Micah Richards yet for whatever it is people are unhappy about now?

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, CHRIS

You're only posting here because you see it as a stepping stone to VillaSquawk.

What a disaster.

Blame eastie, he spoke very highly about them.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #517 on: July 20, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »
Don't see the problem with it

Our Tim does seem to be persuasive with the players no?

Offline Summers

« Reply #518 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:13 PM »
He also called us a big club and admitted he picked us over other suitors. Journos the just want to get clicks so pick out one bit, and twist it.

Nothing new.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #519 on: July 20, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
People are quick to moan about players in comfort zones and happy to pick up their money.

It would be hypocritical for those same people to moan about a player who is driven and has ambition.

Offline ez

« Reply #520 on: July 20, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
we're a bottom six premier league side. we've been stuck there for the last 4 seasons (nearly 5).

i don't want to be signing a player who is happy to settle for that level of shite.

From talking to other football fans that's pretty much how we are seen now. Only recent memory counts in football.

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
We are a stepping stone club at the present, but hopefully we will gradually start to finish higher up that league table, then players may want to stay.
I like his honesty though, just hope all these new buys have no crappy clauses in the contract.
You want our players, it's time to spend BIG.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #522 on: July 20, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
"PR disaster" - jesus christ.

If there's one man who's PR was spot on, it's the big JC.

I'm not sure about that, those strip clubs and hanging with Alesha Dixon was pretty naff....

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #523 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »
I'm a little let down by the fact he's already looking beyond his time here but I really hope he does well. I'll support him while he's in the shirt.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #524 on: July 20, 2015, 05:11:04 PM »

Exactly. Save for the two big Spanish sides I reckon every club is pretty much a potential stepping stone. In these CL dominated days and with 24 man squads it is how all clubs must operate. That is the game these days and we have to adapt and play it the best we can.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal