collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 163107 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Idrissa Gueye
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »
I suspect the mid July thing is more around players holidays, then they can do a mid July proper announcement and PR player stretching shirt at BH etc.
Pre-season training starts on Monday.
Not for those who haven't signed yet
Obviously. But for those who haven't signed yet, their holidays aren't going to be the thing that stops the club announcing that they have signed, will they?

That fact that they haven't signed for us will be the thing holding it up.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »
I imagine a player moving countries will need a few extra days to mobilise , tie up loose ends in old country etc.

Offline Dave

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2015, 09:54:24 PM »
I imagine a player moving countries will need a few extra days to mobilise , tie up loose ends in old country etc.
Gueye has been in Birmingham for the last two days. The only reason we wouldn't have announced that has has signed is if he hasn't signed yet.

He's not going to sign for us, potter off back to France for a couple of weeks, come back and only then we announce it. Him being on holiday will have nothing to do with anything.

Offline richl

« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »
I suspect the mid July thing is more around players holidays, then they can do a mid July proper announcement and PR player stretching shirt at BH etc.
Pre-season training starts on Monday.
Not for those who haven't signed yet

What's Vlaar doing Monday? Still camping out?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2015, 10:00:30 PM »
I'm confident that it is purely work permit related and we will hear confirmation soon.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »
I'm confident that it is purely work permit related and we will hear confirmation soon.
Without doubt , aswell as the basic logistics of moving countries .

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »
Without doubt , aswell as the basic logistics of moving countries .

That doesn't even stand up to the slightest scrutiny. Players move from one league to another all the time, whether they need work permits or not. When have the logistics of a player having to move to a new country ever caused a delay in the announcement of a new signing?

I don't remember Carles Gil or Sanchez's moves being help up by anything like that.

It seems a bit odd that suddenly, this one needs to travel back to France, cancel his direct debits / cancel his cable telly package / give notice on his flat whatever.

I would imagine the reason it hasn't been announced will be because it hasn't actually happened yet, or the club have just decided to not announce it yet.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »
Fair enough then, maybe his agent is sounding out other offers.

Offline Dave

« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2015, 10:11:12 PM »
Or maybe, just maybe a transfer like this can take more than the 72 hours that he has been in the country before it is announced as official?

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
Or maybe, just maybe a transfer like this can take more than the 72 hours that he has been in the country before it is announced as official?
What do you think then ? Haggling over personal terms ? Visa issue ? Sounding out other clubs ?
He's had a medical and passed hasn't he ? Why have a medical ?

Offline Dave

« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2015, 10:17:25 PM »
What do you think then ?
Like I said - that the transfer of a footballer isn't the same as buying two pints of milk from Co-Op.

And that just because it hasn't been announced as official minutes after a bunch of people on the internet get wind of it doesn't mean that there is anything out of the ordinary going on.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »
What do you think then ? Haggling over personal terms ? Visa issue ? Sounding out other clubs ?
He's had a medical and passed hasn't he ? Why have a medical ?

I genuinely have no idea what you are on about, or suggesting here.

What has having a medical got to do with it? It is just one part in a whole lot of transactions that go together to make a transfer happen.

Most of us hadn't even heard of the bloke three days ago. Transfers never happen in the space of a few hours, the only reason we know he was here on Thursday is because he was spotted at the airport.

Maybe the deal is complete, maybe it isn't. Maybe there are arrangements to sort with agents, maybe there aren't.

Why assume it is anything to do with haggling over terms or sounding out other clubs? There's absolutely nothing to suggest this transfer is any different to hundreds of others that go through every window.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2015, 10:23:58 PM »
Do you really fret about these things?

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »
Do you really fret about these things?
Another fraught night wrestling the duvet. Idressa hasn't signed yet.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »
Even Richards who was effectively a free agent wasn't confirmed until several days after we were first linked.  Although he was on holiday at the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal