collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 163053 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Idrissa Gueye
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2015, 05:03:14 PM »
Having been in France since 13, I'd have thought he'd have dual nationality, or is that me playing too much Championship Manager?

He only has Senegalese nationality according to Transfermarkt.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2015, 05:14:13 PM »
So do I take it that matters cannot be concluded until late Monday morning at the earliest? My problem is that I do not trust agents in the slightest and he might be offering our prospective player to all and sundry this weekend to further enhance his own pot of gold

Offline Theo

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2015, 05:14:42 PM »
French sports' newspaper L'Équipe is saying it's a done deal according to their informations, he apparently agreed to a four year contract already. And that Villa, Lille and Gueye won't communicate anything about it until mid-July.

But they mixed up pounds and euros in the article, saying it's a 9 million euros transfer whereas it is 9 million pounds we're talking about. ( ~12.7 million euros )

They are also saying : " Gueye would be getting in the Premier League a gross salary of 250K euros a month, instead of the 90K euros a month he was on in France. " which after conversion would gravitate around a 45K pounds a week salary at Villa.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Idrissa-gueye-4-ans-a-aston-villa/571643

Offline Ron Manager

« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »
French sports' newspaper L'Équipe is saying it's a done deal according to their informations, he apparently agreed to a four year contract already. And that Villa, Lille and Gueye won't communicate anything about it until mid-July.

But they mixed up pounds and euros in the article, saying it's a 9 million euros transfer whereas it is 9 million pounds we're talking about. ( ~12.7 million euros )

They are also saying : " Gueye would be getting in the Premier League a gross salary of 250K euros a month, instead of the 90K euros a month he was on in France. " which after conversion would gravitate around a 45K pounds a week salary at Villa.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Idrissa-gueye-4-ans-a-aston-villa/571643

Middle of July seems a little odd. What do others think about that? Should we be having concerns, I am not sure.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
Interesting if that's true about a mid-July announcement as that is when the muted exclusivity period of the takeover would be complete. So, with this and the other deals that have been talked about, are we trying to do a chunk of business before everybody knows we're flush with cash and start increasing their prices?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
A couple of weeks for the  UK Border Agency desk johnnies to sort out the paperwork sounds about right.

Offline Ron Manager

« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2015, 05:29:11 PM »
Interesting if that's true about a mid-July announcement as that is when the muted exclusivity period of the takeover would be complete. So, with this and the other deals that have been talked about, are we trying to do a chunk of business before everybody knows we're flush with cash and start increasing their prices?

Good point OCD it might be something like that.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »

Where it falls down though is why Lille would bother to keep it quiet.

If we're keeping it quiet so that selling clubs don't know that we're rich, it gives the game away somewhat if we go to this particular selling club and say "can we keep this deal hush-hush for a couple of weeks, we don't want clubs that we're buying players from to know how much money we.....oh, whoops".

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »

If we're keeping it quiet so that selling clubs don't know that we're rich, it gives the game away somewhat if we go to this particular selling club and say "can we keep this deal hush-hush for a couple of weeks, we don't want clubs that we're buying players from to know how much money we.....oh, whoops".

Lol.

Offline john2710

« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
I would expect that the terms & contract have been signed, pending the work permit. I doubt his agent would be able to then negotiate with anyone else.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »

You just make it a term of the offer.

We're probably just choosing not to announce it until a visa is granted.

Offline Dave

« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »

You just make it a term of the offer.
Which is fine, but you could make it a term of any offer you then make to all those other teams that you don't want to know how much money we supposedly have.

Unless there is something about Lille specifically that won't be the case with other clubs.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »
I suspect the mid July thing is more around players holidays, then they can do a mid July proper announcement and PR player stretching shirt at BH etc.

Offline Dave

« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
I suspect the mid July thing is more around players holidays, then they can do a mid July proper announcement and PR player stretching shirt at BH etc.
Pre-season training starts on Monday.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »
Pre-season training starts on Monday.
Not for those who haven't signed yet

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal