collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 162988 times)

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
Re: Idrissa Gueye
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2015, 09:27:20 PM »
From players we've got, including Marvin:

Guzan
Bacuna
Richards
Clark
Richardson

Delph
Sanchez
Marvin

Gil
Grealish
Benteke

With probably a new keeper, left-back and more to come, if we can hold onto the others that looks a pretty good side to me.

I'd put Richards at right back, then we'd need a CB along with a LB. Guzan is a good goalkeeper, I'd keep him. Would like a CM to replace Sanchez in that lineup too.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2015, 09:33:25 PM »
Daily Mail saying Southampton are trying to hijack the deal.

Three days ago they were saying Southampton were about to sign him.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »
I'd put Richards at right back, then we'd need a CB along with a LB. Guzan is a good goalkeeper, I'd keep him. Would like a CM to replace Sanchez in that lineup too.

Maybe we should try and get that holding midfielder whose been playing so well for Colombia at Copa America - you know, the one who had Neymar in his back pocket in the Brazil game - what's his name again...

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »

Guzan
Bacuna
Richards
Clark
Richardson

Delph
Sanchez
Marvin

Gil
Grealish
Benteke

With probably a new keeper, left-back and more to come, if we can hold onto the others that looks a pretty good side to me.

I'd have Bacuna at right back because Richards will be injured. Baker and Richardson at centre-back because all the others will be injured as well. Gueye won't sign for us, and if he does then he's clearly not good enough anyway, and Delph will be gone (obviously), so Westwood and Sanchez (who are both shit) in midfield. Sherwood as first reserve in that position as Gardner is too inexperienced, too old to get any experience and obviously injured.

And we're going to sign Bent from Derby for £5m because we're going to give Benteke away to Liverpool for free, so him and Delfouneso (because obviously we can only attract players who are free and not good enough) up front.

[/sihillvilla]

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »

Guzan
Bacuna
Richards
Clark
Richardson

Delph
Sanchez
Marvin

Gil
Grealish
Benteke

I'd have Bacuna at right back because Richards will be injured. Baker and Richardson at centre-back because all the others will be injured as well. Gueye won't sign for us, and if he does then he's clearly not good enough anyway, and Delph will be gone (obviously), so Westwood and Sanchez (who are both shit) in midfield. Sherwood as first reserve in that position as Gardner is too inexperienced, too old to get any experience and obviously injured.

And we're going to sign Bent from Derby for £5m because we're going to give Benteke away to Liverpool for free, so him and Delfouneso (because obviously we can only attract players who are free and not good enough) up front.

[/sihillvilla]

Now that's what I call positive thinking.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33362759

Normally once it gets reported on the Beeb like this it's a done deal....

Online jwarry

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
Daily Mail saying Southampton are trying to hijack the deal.

Three days ago they were saying Southampton were about to sign him.

Meanwhile another obscure media outlet has published a Liverpool starting formation with Benteke in it!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
But then again maybe not http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/02/report-southampton-consider-late-bid-for-idrissa-gueye-despite-h/?

While they're considering a move we can be dotting the i's and crossing the t's on a 4-year contract.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »
Who the hell are HITC Sport? (or are they a really famous and reputable source and I've missed something?)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2015, 09:57:23 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33362759

Normally once it gets reported on the Beeb like this it's a done deal....

Some of us remember when Cloughie introduced Ian Storey Moore on the pitch as a Derby player. Then he signed for Man United.

Don't believe anything until it happens.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »
He's probably in the Bel Air now. Pogo'ing.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
Who the hell are HITC Sport? (or are they a really famous and reputable source and I've missed something?)
They largely seem to write "controversial" clickbait articles and reconstitute stuff from Twitter as far as I can tell.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
They largely seem to write "controversial" clickbait articles and reconstitute stuff from Twitter as far as I can tell.

Well there's a reliable source then.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »
I assume (but I could be wrong) that today they spent discussing personal terms, with his agent contributing. Tonight his agent will contact Southampton to see what they have on the table for his client if Southampton can match our bid.

The medical should be tomorrow morning at Bodymoor if all is still well. The announcement should be early in the afternoon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal