collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460172 times)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2580 on: December 24, 2020, 11:05:52 PM »
First time I’ve heard Hansen being described as polished. He wasn’t awful but not great either hence he got dumped. The “can’t win anything with kids” quote aside his knowledge was questionable. Danny Murphy who I don’t like as a pundit much is a better pundit.

He did it for over 20 years so can't have been that bad.

He didn’t get dumped either. He retired.

Maybe not the right wording. His contract expired and they weren’t going to renew it. He then retired.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2581 on: December 25, 2020, 12:10:07 AM »
I liked Hansen. My favourite MOTD era was him, Brooking and Lynam. Probably because we were usually quite good in those days.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2582 on: December 25, 2020, 06:35:13 AM »
He was a non-playing captain of the most toxic dressing room ever to stain Villa Park and he alone totally alienated the young French players with that Bad Santa video. As a senior player and captain, his job was to welcome and integrate them. The rare times he did play were comedy gold for the opposition, he visibly sulked on pitch when he couldnt play in his preferred position, and I don't believe for one second that Villa prevented him from leaving when other clubs incredibly came calling. I totally get that Villa were at fault for handing him the contract in the first place, but he contributed absolutely nothing in all his time here whilst raking it in. I just feel he's never been called to account for it and now he's on another big contract doing what he does best - bluffing.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2583 on: December 25, 2020, 08:26:38 AM »
Brilliant post.

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #2584 on: December 25, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
Alex Scott is great to listen to, Rob green is excellent, Karen Carney (sp) needs to remember to speak all her words, she seem miss out little words here there, but is ok.

Jenas Murphy and Micah are pap in comparison

Up here we also get on sportscene the scotland ladies manager Kerr, and she is great really very knowledgable, to the shame of some of her fellow pundits.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2585 on: December 25, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »
He was a non-playing captain of the most toxic dressing room ever to stain Villa Park and he alone totally alienated the young French players with that Bad Santa video. As a senior player and captain, his job was to welcome and integrate them. The rare times he did play were comedy gold for the opposition, he visibly sulked on pitch when he couldnt play in his preferred position, and I don't believe for one second that Villa prevented him from leaving when other clubs incredibly came calling. I totally get that Villa were at fault for handing him the contract in the first place, but he contributed absolutely nothing in all his time here whilst raking it in. I just feel he's never been called to account for it and now he's on another big contract doing what he does best - bluffing.

Bravo

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2586 on: December 25, 2020, 11:17:47 AM »
Alex Scott is great to listen to, Rob green is excellent, Karen Carney (sp) needs to remember to speak all her words, she seem miss out little words here there, but is ok.

Up here we also get on sportscene the scotland ladies manager Kerr, and she is great really very knowledgable, to the shame of some of her fellow pundits.

Scotland Ladies ex-manager. She has just stood down.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2587 on: December 25, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »

Can't stand Alex Scott, she tries way too hard and you can see other studio guests looking at her in complete bemusement at some of the things she says.  Carney is pretty good though I think, and fairly balanced for a Bluenose.

Online nigel

« Reply #2588 on: December 26, 2020, 06:12:27 PM »

Jeans seems to be popping up on a few other shows, too. He’s such a boring tw*t
Murphy, for some reason, dislikes us. It seems to choke him to say anything good.

I actually quite like Micah as a pundit

Alex Scott can do no wrong for me 🤤

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #2589 on: December 26, 2020, 07:31:23 PM »

Murphy, for some reason, dislikes us. It seems to choke him to say anything good.

Seconded

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2590 on: December 26, 2020, 07:33:39 PM »
Richards seem to use his big booming laugh as cover for when he can't immediately think of something to say. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2591 on: February 18, 2021, 04:25:26 PM »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2592 on: February 18, 2021, 05:03:01 PM »
I don't believe a word he's saying. 

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #2593 on: February 18, 2021, 05:22:11 PM »

I like Micah as a pundit too, obviously Alex Scott is brilliant too. They earn their roles on merit, not some bullshit diversity card.

What Sky have done to Soccer Saturday though is absolutely appalling. Part of the appeal was the interaction between Stelling and the team, the should've got rid of him too, if the wanted to revamp it.

Offline luke95

« Reply #2594 on: February 18, 2021, 05:22:31 PM »
I don't believe a word he's saying. 
Not a case of him lieing but not telling the whole truth for me .

Wonder what the terms were when west ham wanted him ? His terms?
Free transfer ??

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal