collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460168 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2565 on: December 24, 2020, 02:40:34 AM »
I get it, but all players have bad games. That night was a disaster all round. I’m just saying I don’t recall him playing for a lengthy stretch and being hideous. And like I said for me, he’s looked upon unfavourably by most because the era in which he played and the belief by some that he should have just walked away from a contract that was agreed to by the club. I just don’t agree with that.

As for Collins and Dunne of course they were better players. They played more in a better team at a better time. But the incident with Cowans just tells who they really were as people. At that time as this started to degrade we needed our senior players to be leaders. They weren’t.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2566 on: December 24, 2020, 08:59:27 AM »
Micah Richards was totally vacuous and embarrassing last night during the two games last night. Good job the excellent host that is Laura Wood managed to help him along.

He seems to be on every show going at the moment. Astonishing considering how bad he is.
He’d be better suited on a a show like ‘a league of their own’ or some wank on BT sport comedy thing involving Robbie Savage. 😀
He really shouldn’t be analysing football. Awful.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2567 on: December 24, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »
He's not the best by a long shot, but have you heard Clinton Morrison on Talksport?  Absolutely bloody dreadful, makes Richards sound like Michael Parkinson by comparison.  In terms of our ex-players, Gabby actually does a decent job, and I quite like Darren Bent too.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2568 on: December 24, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »
I get it, but all players have bad games. That night was a disaster all round. I’m just saying I don’t recall him playing for a lengthy stretch and being hideous. And like I said for me, he’s looked upon unfavourably by most because the era in which he played and the belief by some that he should have just walked away from a contract that was agreed to by the club. I just don’t agree with that.

As for Collins and Dunne of course they were better players. They played more in a better team at a better time. But the incident with Cowans just tells who they really were as people. At that time as this started to degrade we needed our senior players to be leaders. They weren’t.

Leaders? Richard Dunne was superb under McAllister and McLeish in the later weeks of the season when we pulled clear of relegation. He played on one leg that time under McLeish and arguably ruined his career as a result. James Collins tore up a six month contract Dean Smith offered him after getting injured in the first week.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2569 on: December 24, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
He's not the best by a long shot, but have you heard Clinton Morrison on Talksport?  Absolutely bloody dreadful, makes Richards sound like Michael Parkinson by comparison.  In terms of our ex-players, Gabby actually does a decent job, and I quite like Darren Bent too.

I like Dublin but he genuinely loves us. He also likes United, Cov and Leciester for other reasons.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2570 on: December 24, 2020, 12:19:51 PM »

Ha ha. Yep, not too keen on Clinton as well. I agree, Darren Bent is very good. He presents a show now for Talk Shite on Sunday evenings and he does it very well.
How about Steven Warnock: awful as well

Offline Risso

« Reply #2571 on: December 24, 2020, 01:21:51 PM »
Yeah, Warnock is awful.  I get that not everybody has to be supremely polished like Gary Lineker or Alan Hansen, and that some pundits are employed for their entertainment value like Roy Keane or Souness, but the ability to string a sentence together should be a basic requirement, as should even a passing knowledge of football.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2572 on: December 24, 2020, 01:25:46 PM »
Clinton Morrison’s perceptive insight into the Stoke v Spurs game last night when it was 1-1 after about 65 minutes - ‘Stoke are still in this game.’

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2573 on: December 24, 2020, 02:22:13 PM »
First time I’ve heard Hansen being described as polished. He wasn’t awful but not great either hence he got dumped. The “can’t win anything with kids” quote aside his knowledge was questionable. Danny Murphy who I don’t like as a pundit much is a better pundit.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2574 on: December 24, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »
First time I’ve heard Hansen being described as polished. He wasn’t awful but not great either hence he got dumped. The “can’t win anything with kids” quote aside his knowledge was questionable. Danny Murphy who I don’t like as a pundit much is a better pundit.

Wasn't the point of that quote that it was proved immediately, hilariously wrong?

Offline Risso

« Reply #2575 on: December 24, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »

He did it for over 20 years so can't have been that bad.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2576 on: December 24, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »
I like listening to Dion Dublin and Jermain Jenas.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2577 on: December 24, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »

On that basis Clive Tyldesley, Alan Green and John Motson wouldn't have been shite.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2578 on: December 24, 2020, 09:38:37 PM »
Micah Richards grinds my gears because his vocabulary is so limited.  It is not his
fault that he has an uneducated man's grasp of language but he falls into the trap of trying to be a linguistic smart arse and lards all his opinions with cliches, tabloid press buzz words and fashionable quippery.  Lee Hendrie on the other hand accepts and manages his lack of academic experience, using his limiited range of English to convey his generally well grounded opinions.  The result is that Lee Hendrie is mastering his craft while Micah Richards has convinced himself that he already has.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2579 on: December 24, 2020, 09:48:20 PM »

He didn’t get dumped either. He retired.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal