collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by ldavfc4eva
[Today at 08:30:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 08:30:46 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:27:52 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 08:27:07 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460184 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2475 on: January 11, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »
Lescott was a prize bell end. Gabby too.

Don't forget N'Zogbia.

N’Zogbia wasn’t very good. I wouldn’t ever put him in the same group as Gabby and Lescott. That’s a special place.
No, no. He should be in that group  ... really.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #2476 on: January 11, 2020, 11:19:05 PM »
100% agree.  Hopefully the days of charlatans like this gracing the payroll are gone

that's what they all say but i've got to make a living somehow

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2477 on: January 11, 2020, 11:40:22 PM »
I might have judged him unfairly, but I thought he was a disruptive, buffoon, crock, charlatan and
 sub standard footballer.

After watching that interview. Man child too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:48:53 AM by TheMalandro »

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2478 on: January 12, 2020, 08:35:34 AM »
Like most of you, I wanted him out of the club once it was clear he wouldn't be contributing on the pitch. My perception was that he was sat there on a nice contract, happy picking up his wages into retirement - and to be clear, there's nothing wrong with that. We signed the contract, he's entitled to it - but I genuinely felt we were at least TRYING to get rid of him, and it was him who was preventing it (being on such a good contract with us).   That interview implies we had not one, but THREE opportunities to get rid of him, and we stopped it every time? If that's true (and I'm not convinced it is), then I'm happy to admit the club has to take it's fair share of blame in how it all worked out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:12:58 AM by Smithy »

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #2479 on: January 12, 2020, 09:00:30 AM »
I have no ill feeling toward Richards really. Just because he earned a lot of money it doesn't mean I feel sorry for him that his career ended. He's always spoke well of the club (which I suppose he would on £3.5m a year).

Offline danno

« Reply #2480 on: January 12, 2020, 10:22:22 AM »
100% agree.  Hopefully the days of charlatans like this gracing the payroll are gone

that's what they all say but i've got to make a living somehow

Take a bow son.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2481 on: February 02, 2020, 10:56:44 PM »
Micah Richards briefly mentioning on MOTD about the cliques, divides, selfishness and blame games the year Villa went down. He is convinced they would have had a chance of staying up under Sherwood and that Garde never had an respect or control of the dressing room. Obviously we will never know but on the day Sherwood got the boot I thought it he deserved a bit more time.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2482 on: February 02, 2020, 11:15:11 PM »
Micah Richards briefly mentioning on MOTD about the cliques, divides, selfishness and blame games the year Villa went down. He is convinced they would have had a chance of staying up under Sherwood and that Garde never had an respect or control of the dressing room. Obviously we will never know but on the day Sherwood got the boot I thought it he deserved a bit more time.

We'd have had a sight better chance of staying up if our senior pros of the time weren't wankers like Gabby and Richards.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2483 on: February 02, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »
Chelts has posted before about the Delph scenario, I thought most knew his heart wanted to stay but his head, and wife, said to go.

I didn't have a problem with him going, it was just changing his mind a hundred times in a week that was the issue. As we saw when Gerrard was going to Chelsea years back and then did a u-turn it messes with people's minds too much and going by Richards said really impacted on morale at the club.

Ironically Gana was a pretty good replacement, had a very good career since leaving us so like a few we signed that summer, right player but very much wrong time.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2484 on: February 02, 2020, 11:37:43 PM »

Zero chance of staying up, Sherwood wasted most of our winnable home fixtures.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2485 on: February 02, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »

Zero chance of staying up, Sherwood wasted most of our winnable home fixtures.

I said it at the time, if a side has wasters as their senior pros for the younger ones to look up to, they are in trouble. We had Lescott, Gabby, Richards, N'Zogbia. Never a hope in hell. The reason Richards doesn't like Garde is because he tried to call out people like his mate Gabby on their shit behaviour.

Online David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2486 on: February 02, 2020, 11:48:12 PM »
Looking at what they have done since leaving us its fair to say both Sherwood and Garde were both just equally as useless and out of their Depth.

The downward spiral started with Sherwood from the Southampton match where we got battered , followed by the cup final.No chance he hell he had any more chance of rescuing the situation than Garde did ..

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #2487 on: February 04, 2020, 01:00:11 AM »
Sherwood lost his last six games in charge -how did he deserve even more time?

Oh, and that split in the dressing room -how was that helped by the manager saying he didn't want all those useless forrin players -you know the ones, all now playing at PL or CL level.

Twat!!

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2488 on: February 04, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »
I hate seeing this dickheads name on our forum. I realise I've just bumped it to the very top but I just needed to get that off my chest before letting him fade into obscurity.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2489 on: February 04, 2020, 10:34:44 AM »
I'm with you on that aj2. I had the misfortune of listening to him on radio 5 the other night.  How he's landed a position on the BBC I'll never know.  He makes Savage seem quite intelligent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal