collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:54:44 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by PeterWithe
[Today at 10:38:05 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460289 times)

Offline BC Villain

Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2445 on: January 10, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »
100% agree.  Hopefully the days of charlatans like this gracing the payroll are gone

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2446 on: January 10, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
How was he a charlatan? We signed him, we couldn't insure him, he got injured, he saw out his contract. Which part of that is his fault and which part is the fault of the club that signed a player we couldn't insure to a lengthy and expensive contract and also turned down 3 approaches for him from other clubs?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2447 on: January 10, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »
How was he a charlatan? We signed him, we couldn't insure him, he got injured, he saw out his contract. Which part of that is his fault and which part is the fault of the club that signed a player we couldn't insure to a lengthy and expensive contract and also turned down 3 approaches for him from other clubs?

Some good questions there, PWS.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2448 on: January 10, 2020, 10:39:20 PM »

Add Paul's post regarding injury and you've summed him up perfectly. Saying that, Richards thinks very highly of himself. Even when fully fit for us, he was neither a half decent centre half or right back.

Interesting point on Delph. I guess we only see half the story and if only to hear what went on in the background, it's worth a watch.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2449 on: January 11, 2020, 09:28:42 AM »
On Benteke I'm sure the club didn't want to sell him but it was the second time he had acted-up looking to leave so I'm not sure what they could have done (apart from replace him better than with Ayew and Justhead).

Galling that Richards says we had ample opportunity to offload him elsewhere (West Ham, Sunderland, MLS) but as has been stated before we did actually keep him for his "bantz".

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2450 on: January 11, 2020, 09:58:24 AM »
I think he is going for the sympathy vote.

Anyone else who has to give up work for ill health would likely be on benefits. He was on £65k per week which softens the blow somewhat. He would be better to just keep quiet.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2451 on: January 11, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »
Please close this thread now. He shouldn't have been near the club to begin with.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #2452 on: January 11, 2020, 02:39:54 PM »
Interesting (if true) - and like in most scenarios,  the public does not know what really goes on behind the scenes. Delph part was shocking if true.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2453 on: January 11, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
Chelts has posted before about the Delph scenario, I thought most knew his heart wanted to stay but his head, and wife, said to go.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2454 on: January 11, 2020, 02:44:23 PM »
if Delph had really wanted to stay then I'm sure it could have been done.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2455 on: January 11, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
We didn't push Delph out at all. The time line from when the contract talks were on that winter are important.

His agent advised against him signing a new deal. I don't blame him. At the time we were suffering the worst of Lambert, looking in a relegation scrap and he could have done a fortune in signing on fee if he went on a free.

Delph took his captaincy responsibilities seriously and didn't want to screw us over after standing by him through his injuries. It was Delph who insisted on signing against his agents wishes and who suggested a buyout clause of what we paid for him. His agent was flabbergasted that he signed the contract.

As things had been all bad news the club suggested that maybe he does an announcement they could play on the big screens to bring a feelgood factor back. Unfortunately he went a bit over the top with his comments (he talks too much).

When the Cited bid came in he was conflicted on whether to take the move. Again, unfortunately, he started talking before definitively making a decision.

He started off thinking it was the right move. Then felt bad at leaving his teammates in the lurch. And was constantly kept aware of the big changes we were making via the transfer window. So he changed his mind. And started talking about it again.

Citeh triggered his buyout clause again and offered more money. By now he was thinking he had made a mistake so changed his mind again. It is why he looked so thoroughly miserable when he signed for them.

The club didn't begrudge his move given what he did in the January but the real piss take was when he couldn't make our trip to Portugal whilst having these doubts because his wife was due to give birth (remember the Brummie daughter comments) yet was able to fuck off to Australia on their pre season tour before said child had exited the womb.

He isn't all bad and did some things he didn't have to in our favour. He was genuinely conflicted about the move. But it wouldn't have been half as bad if he had kept his trap shut.

Suggestions we pushed him out of the door are a load of nonsense though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2456 on: January 11, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
I don't blame any player for leaving us for a Champions League club, considering how bad we've been for ten years.  The circumstances in which they do so are everything though.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2457 on: January 11, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
micah yaaawwwnnn richards yaaawwwnnn.
Time to close this thread I think.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2458 on: January 11, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
micah yaaawwwnnn richards yaaawwwnnn.
Time to close this thread I think.

If you don't want to read about Micah Richards, looking at a thread with 'Micah Richards' in the title probably isn't the best thing to do  :P

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2459 on: January 11, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »

He may not be a charlatan but he's an utter twat all the same. I suppose you'll say that's not his fault either though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal