collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460293 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2340 on: July 28, 2019, 08:56:12 AM »
I've worked with worse. Very rarely, but i have. One or two that fit the parasite description very nicely.

The main problem is that shit regime giving him a contract. He alienated most Villa supporters that saw that secret santa video of him laughing hysterically and sounding like a parrot being murdered. This when we were already pretty much already relegated at that point.

Since then he's really just been in the background and we don't know the goings on and his day to day attitude so a lot of it is assumptions. I think if Mings for example had a brilliant season this season and contributed greatly to us finishing mid table on top of contributing greatly to us going up, and then having 2 years afterwards on full pay whilst injured i don't think many would be moaning.
It's the fact that Richards has hardly played for us, been shite when he has, and seemed to be one of the couldn't give a toss we're going down brigade in that season before sitting it out for 3 years thereafter.
But as pointed out, it's not effected us too much, we're on the up now and look the strongest we have since 5 years before he even came.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:58:44 AM by Clark W Griswold »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2341 on: July 28, 2019, 08:58:55 AM »
He was actually pretty good when he first came here for a period, not so good after that.

*English understatement*

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2342 on: July 28, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »
I seem to remember him looking good in the pre-season game at the Wolves that we drew 2-2 (playing centre back), although we did let 2 in against a championship Wolves, and then he looked shite against Man Utd in the PL a few weeks later. I can't honestly say i remember being impressed with any performances from him thereafter, be it at centre back or right back.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2343 on: July 28, 2019, 09:30:26 AM »
All I remember was something akin to a dog being let of its lead up the park. A Brett Holman of defenders.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2344 on: July 28, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »
I thought he looked pretty decent at centre half in his first few games.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2345 on: July 28, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
do did I but didn’t have the nerve to admit it on here

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2346 on: July 28, 2019, 09:43:08 AM »
He was quick and strong but read the game like a three year old reading a Charles Dickens book. 

He took every penny he could from the club so has been financially remunerated appropriately.  Do I feel sorry for him?  Not a fucking chance, he's 31 and has the financial ability to retrain and go one to perform another role just like the rest of us mere mortals have to.  He's a very privileged man.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2347 on: July 28, 2019, 03:06:23 PM »
He was quick and strong but read the game like a three year old reading a Charles Dickens book. 

He was like another Paul McGrath. After a lobotomy.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2348 on: July 28, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »
I've worked with worse. Very rarely, but i have. One or two that fit the parasite description very nicely.

The main problem is that shit regime giving him a contract. He alienated most Villa supporters that saw that secret santa video of him laughing hysterically and sounding like a parrot being murdered. This when we were already pretty much already relegated at that point.

Since then he's really just been in the background and we don't know the goings on and his day to day attitude so a lot of it is assumptions. I think if Mings for example had a brilliant season this season and contributed greatly to us finishing mid table on top of contributing greatly to us going up, and then having 2 years afterwards on full pay whilst injured i don't think many would be moaning.
It's the fact that Richards has hardly played for us, been shite when he has, and seemed to be one of the couldn't give a toss we're going down brigade in that season before sitting it out for 3 years thereafter.
But as pointed out, it's not effected us too much, we're on the up now and look the strongest we have since 5 years before he even came.

The laughing Santa did it for me. Him, Agbonlahor and Guzan came across as utter tosspieces in that video. Fuck the three of them. Utter parasites.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2349 on: July 28, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »

Well we had had one win in the league by Christmas so some Big Laughs led by Senior Players was just the fill we needed to stride on and avoid relegation.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2350 on: July 28, 2019, 10:28:49 PM »

Well we had had one win in the league by Christmas so some Big Laughs led by Senior Players was just the fill we needed to stride on and avoid relegation.

god that is chilling

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #2351 on: July 28, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
I just remember him playing in preseason at Shrewsbury 2 y ago and being fatter than me.
He can stick his apology up his arse .

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2352 on: July 28, 2019, 10:46:03 PM »

god that is chilling

Oh no. Possibly my least favourite Villa moment. Agbonlahor with some remark that they had to hide. Maybe he just swore. Awful. I'd like to know what he said. Richards shrieking away. A monumental prick.

Anyway, thank god only Jack remains with us from that cast.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2353 on: July 28, 2019, 10:56:56 PM »
what the fuck were they thinking putting this out ?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2354 on: July 28, 2019, 11:28:10 PM »
My lasting memory of Richards was arguing with the fans who were having a go at Guzan and Lescott for having a chewing gum spitting competition away at Wycombe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal