collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460608 times)

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2310 on: July 26, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »
“Villa is a fantastic club, a very big club in all senses of the word and a great source of pride to the supporters. They looked after me very well......."

They certainly did.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2311 on: July 26, 2019, 05:26:02 PM »
Waste of space. I'm glad he's no longer associated with our great club! IMO he's one of the worst players ever to play and captain Villa.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #2312 on: July 26, 2019, 05:30:01 PM »
Not sure how you can hate the guy. The club should have done its due diligence before signing a player who couldn’t play anymore. I don’t blame him for signing the contract, he likely signed in hope that he could have an injury free period and contribute. Whether he was motivated enough may well come down to the fact that he continually struggled with injury.

Disappointing signing, but struggling to summon much bile towards Micah.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2313 on: July 26, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
What would most people do in his position?
Return the wages?
Of course they wouldn’t.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2314 on: July 26, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »
I sometimes have a problem with younger players who choose to sit on the sidelines rather than move for less money and play football
It’s their career you only get one and to sit it out and rather collect money than play football is a waste

However in Micah’s case anyone thinking he should have just walked away into nothingness and not get paid for the last two seasons whilst injured knowing he’s going to be finished when it’s over is a nutter

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #2315 on: July 26, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »
I agree with TV: Richards didn't do much, if anything, wrong.  He should never have been signed in the first place.

My take on this too.

Can't blame him for seeing out his contract and taking what was due to him. All the club's fault here.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2316 on: July 26, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
I agree with TV: Richards didn't do much, if anything, wrong.  He should never have been signed in the first place.

My take on this too.

Can't blame him for seeing out his contract and taking what was due to him. All the club's fault here.

And as John points out anyone who thinks he should have done the “honourable” thing and walked away is bonkers. None of us would just forgo a fraction of what he’s on. Fuck that. Pay up.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #2317 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:25 PM »
Return the wages?
Of course they wouldn’t.

The club will, I assume, have made a number of offers to pay him off and bearing in mind he was already very wealthy he could have moved on rather than take every penny.

Or maybe he is a lovely fella who liked the canteen food and didn't want to pay for his own gym membership.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2318 on: July 26, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
I know it didn’t  work out but if an English centre back/right back, recently won the league, has played at a high level for England and available on a free came available again, I still think it’s worth the gamble.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2319 on: July 26, 2019, 08:52:29 PM »
In his prime at 26 as well.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2320 on: July 26, 2019, 08:54:01 PM »
Richards can fuck off and if I never hear his name again I will be happy.

That said it wasn't the lazy underperforming turd's fault he was given a huge contract by an even bigger load of turds

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #2321 on: July 26, 2019, 09:00:19 PM »
So who is worse? A player who struggled with injury who with hindsight we shouldn’t have signed or his former teammate who struggled with Twitter and treated the club with contempt?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2322 on: July 26, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
So who is worse? A player who struggled with injury who with hindsight we shouldn’t have signed or his former teammate who struggled with Twitter and treated the club with contempt?

I am not on twitter and there are several others who treated the club with contempt.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2323 on: July 26, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »
Return the wages?
Of course they wouldn’t.

The club will, I assume, have made a number of offers to pay him off and bearing in mind he was already very wealthy he could have moved on rather than take every penny.

You could assume that, but you'd be wrong.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #2324 on: July 26, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »

I am not on twitter and there are several others who treated the club with contempt.

See Lescott, J

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal