collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460286 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1950 on: June 20, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »
That's not quite as stupid as suggesting we sack him because of a picture of him making a sign you didn't know existed that you've decided to now be offended by.

Regrettably, it is you who is being stupid or at best silly.

I did not suggest we sack him nor do you know what I knew before the picture was publicised.  You just added those two claims to your posts to try to add value to them.

I'm personally offended by the mere mention of Mich Richards or Birmingham City.  Please make sure you know that I don't need to decide that I'm offended.  The two coupled together make a deadly cocktail in my mind.  I know not everyone else feels as I do and quite honestly, I don't really care.

If I had my way, Richards would be sacked on the spot for that, regardless of whether he knew what he was doing or not.

Tell me again how you didn't suggest we sack him.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1951 on: June 20, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
That's not quite as stupid as suggesting we sack him because of a picture of him making a sign you didn't know existed that you've decided to now be offended by.

Regrettably, it is you who is being stupid or at best silly.

I did not suggest we sack him nor do you know what I knew before the picture was publicised.  You just added those two claims to your posts to try to add value to them.

I'm personally offended by the mere mention of Mich Richards or Birmingham City.  Please make sure you know that I don't need to decide that I'm offended.  The two coupled together make a deadly cocktail in my mind.  I know not everyone else feels as I do and quite honestly, I don't really care.

If I had my way, Richards would be sacked on the spot for that, regardless of whether he knew what he was doing or not.

Tell me again how you didn't suggest we sack him.

It's pointless because despite me being concise and clear in my posts, you still appear to be hopelessly unable to differentiate between someone stating what they would do "if they had their way" and someone suggesting a specific course of action.

It is extremely unlikely that you will ever venture away from your one dimensional reading (and misconceiving) of other people's posts.  Therefore, I will politely bid you good day sir and move on.  I've now said my piece on Richards, I've got it out of my system and have drawn a line under it.  I certainly don't want to continue pedantic spats with argumentative members of an internet forum.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1952 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:15 PM »
Give it a rest the pair of you.

Offline Eiresvillan

« Reply #1953 on: June 20, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
He turns up and puts 100% into training, he is willing to play etc - so he cant be sacked. If the club have no desire to play him, then they just waste 50k per week - or they can buy out his contract to release him. However, reports I read are that he is great with the squad, offers advice, pumps them up etc. I would like to see him play(without all fans expecting a champions league player performance). I've seen Hutton have a nightmare game(more than once), yet he still gets picked. We are just cutting off our nose to spite our face. And yes, Richards will play at RB if picked - he already has. Why we bought Emo and D'laet is beyond me(just more wasted wages/trans fees on an area where we have decent enough players at this level). I understand the signing of Bree - young future talent.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1954 on: June 20, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
Who is Mich Richards?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1955 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
He turns up and puts 100% into training, he is willing to play etc - so he cant be sacked. If the club have no desire to play him, then they just waste 50k per week - or they can buy out his contract to release him. However, reports I read are that he is great with the squad, offers advice, pumps them up etc. I would like to see him play(without all fans expecting a champions league player performance). I've seen Hutton have a nightmare game(more than once), yet he still gets picked. We are just cutting off our nose to spite our face. And yes, Richards will play at RB if picked - he already has. Why we bought Emo and D'laet is beyond me(just more wasted wages/trans fees on an area where we have decent enough players at this level). I understand the signing of Bree - young future talent.

Richards wouldn't last 30 minutes at RB mate.  He is grossly overweight.  Hence his request/demand to play in the centre of defence where he doesn't have to run as much.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1956 on: June 20, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »

So he's basically a £2.5m a year version of Bez in the Happy Mondays then.  Great.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1957 on: June 20, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »
Why we bought Emo and D'laet is beyond me(just more wasted wages/trans fees on an area where we have decent enough players at this level). I understand the signing of Bree - young future talent.

well the fact they're both ten times the play Richards is probably explains why

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1958 on: June 20, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »

Richards wouldn't last 30 minutes at RB mate.  He is grossly overweight.  Hence his request/demand to play in the centre of defence where he doesn't have to run as much.

Surely then we can prove he is not fit to do his job and we can sack him and cancel his contract ??

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #1959 on: June 20, 2018, 02:53:48 PM »
He turns up and puts 100% into training, he is willing to play etc - so he cant be sacked. If the club have no desire to play him, then they just waste 50k per week - or they can buy out his contract to release him. However, reports I read are that he is great with the squad, offers advice, pumps them up etc.

Sounds like he'd make a great manager! (Runs off sniggering)

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1960 on: June 20, 2018, 02:55:42 PM »

Surely then we can prove he is not fit to do his job and we can sack him and cancel his contract ??

No - We signed him and we would have conducted tests including a medical.  We also agreed that he could play CB.  As stated, he turns up to training and makes himself available for selection (when free from injury).

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #1961 on: June 20, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »

So he's basically a £2.5m a year version of Bez in the Happy Mondays then.  Great.
Post of the week

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1962 on: June 23, 2018, 11:09:38 AM »
He's obviously crocked. you don't go over a year not playing in a side where gabby can get a game. He'd be on loan at least. there's some major fuck up here, that no-one at the club wants to admit to. i.e. we signed a player with a pre-existing problem diagnosed at his medical and we can't pay him off because the insurance won't cover it.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1963 on: June 23, 2018, 11:53:53 AM »
He's obviously crocked. you don't go over a year not playing in a side where gabby can get a game. He'd be on loan at least. there's some major fuck up here, that no-one at the club wants to admit to. i.e. we signed a player with a pre-existing problem diagnosed at his medical and we can't pay him off because the insurance won't cover it.

That sounds about right to me

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1964 on: June 23, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »

If you didn't know better, you would think it was a financial scam.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal