collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460273 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1755 on: February 15, 2018, 08:58:16 PM »
Bosco esqe? Terrible signing particularly in light of the current finances. Him and Agbonlahor are raping the club of money.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1756 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:41 PM »
Looks like we've got him for another year unless we pay off his contract. 2 more years of McCormack and 4 more months of Gabby.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1757 on: February 16, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
Every time this thread is resurrected, I keep thinking that some miracle has happened and we've got rid of this clown. Hard to believe just a couple of short seasons ago, him and Lescott were in the "heart" of our defence .

Offline nigel

« Reply #1758 on: February 16, 2018, 08:14:39 AM »
Was talking about Gabby the other day, and was told the amount of work he does behind the scenes (promoting the club and visits like the Acorns) is massive.
I think he'll stay on in a similar roll as Ian Taylor as an ambassador of the club.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #1759 on: February 16, 2018, 08:23:47 AM »
here was me thinking he was as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1760 on: February 16, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
A total fucking leech.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #1761 on: February 16, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »
Was talking about Gabby the other day, and was told the amount of work he does behind the scenes (promoting the club and visits like the Acorns) is massive.
I think he'll stay on in a similar roll as Ian Taylor as an ambassador of the club.

I think that someone who can string a coherent sentence is more likely to be an appropriate ambassador?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1762 on: February 16, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »

It doesn't surprise me. Didn't he give Acorns £200,000 a couple of years back? He's been the Club's Acorn Ambassador for 7 or 8 years now.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1763 on: February 16, 2018, 12:39:30 PM »

I think that someone who can string a coherent sentence is more likely to be an appropriate ambassador?

Was thinking the same myself

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1764 on: February 16, 2018, 12:43:40 PM »
I am sure you can see Micah of the training video that was released this week.
He is obviously still involved in training with the squad, unless he was there just to collect bibs and balls.   

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1765 on: February 16, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »

That's good. Nice that he does something to justify the £60k or whatever it is he trousers every week.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1766 on: February 16, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

Given that Lescott played more than thirty games for us in his first season then I can.

Depends on what you mean by "played".  Sure he showed up but he played like a lummox.  Do you really think he looked even half the player he'd been at Everton or City, or even as effective as when at Albion for that matter?   

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1767 on: February 16, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
Most players are fine, but you should be able to spot the duds.  And Dave, he's not like that, and anyway you cant really deny he's right about Lescott.

Given that Lescott played more than thirty games for us in his first season then I can.

Depends on what you mean by "played".  Sure he showed up but he played like a lummox.  Do you really think he looked even half the player he'd been at Everton or City, or even as effective as when at Albion for that matter?

I thought he was a good signing when Albion got him but his performances for them proved me wrong. Then we went and bought him when for me he had clearly shown with them that he was past his best.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1768 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »
We knew Richards knees were fucked when we signed him. Unfortunately, he was foisted upon Sherwood. Not. He moaned like fuck about wanting him for his experience and in the end the board gave in.
if this is true it goes someway to supporting my opinion that signing Richards was at best a flawed decision and one of the worst signings ( with the benefit of hindsight) I can recall in the past decade

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1769 on: February 23, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »

Was he not their player of the season?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal