collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460164 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1725 on: January 30, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »
I saw this thread occupying all the Recent Posts and thought we’d somehow miraculously got rid - but alas no.
[/quote

Ditto. Extremely disappointed but not surprised .At least Tommy Elphick wants to try and earn his salary.
Richards stinks our club out, please just fuck him off out the place .

Offline achilles

« Reply #1726 on: January 30, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
We offered him a 4 year deal and he signed it.

Persumably that contract did actually specify that he had to occasionally play the odd bit of football for us as well!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1727 on: January 30, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
Before we get carried away with the Boggies being able to spot a dud let's remember they signed Rondon.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1728 on: January 30, 2018, 08:29:15 PM »
Before we get carried away with the Boggies being able to spot a dud let's remember they signed Rondon.

And the bag of shite that went before him.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1729 on: January 30, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »
An old friend of mine is/was a WBA shareholder (not sure about now, since the Chinese have taken over) and was telling me a few months ago they (Albion) have one of the best medical facilities in football and they are extremely thorough with their checks on players.  He said it's why they were quite happy to sell Fletcher to Stoke as they believed he was on his last legs, and more pertinently they knew Lescott was a goner and were more than happy to offload him to us.  Richards and Lescott indicate that our medical checks and facilities are somewhat lacking by comparison, to say the least.  I sometimes wonder if they even check for a pulse.

Suspect Richards problems are his attitude not his fitness. Seem to recall him looking fit enough when he first arrived. It was after Sherwood left that he gave up

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1730 on: January 30, 2018, 10:44:26 PM »
I personally don't think Richards would pass a medical anywhere else, that's why he's still here as even the worst players can find new clubs e.g. Sunderland signing many of them.

He knows it, we know it and that's why he's seemingly being airbrushed out of things.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1731 on: January 30, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »

I can only think of such greats as Lambert and Robson Kanu.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1732 on: January 30, 2018, 10:48:13 PM »
I personally don't think Richards would pass a medical anywhere else, that's why he's still here as even the worst players can find new clubs e.g. Sunderland signing many of them.

He knows it, we know it and that's why he's seemingly being airbrushed out of things.

I think his attitude would put most off plus his wages. He is happy just rotting away but being paid handsomely.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1733 on: January 31, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »

I can only  think of such greats as Lambert and Robson Kanu.

Brown Ideye (Or Bad Idea as I think he was dubbed)

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #1734 on: January 31, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

So he needs to retire and we can claim the money back? If not, then just pay him off. Under any other circumstances, I would be against that, as he would then be free to join another club and potentially do well. Not going to happen with him though, is it?

Offline achilles

« Reply #1735 on: January 31, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Just wish some journo would ask Bruce about Micah to get some clarification!
It seems like the one (two with McCormack)  topic that nobody can mention!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1736 on: January 31, 2018, 01:42:41 PM »
I guess 50k a week ameliorates a lot of what might have beens, but for his sake, I hope he's got a good accountant as the gravy train is slowly running out of track.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #1737 on: February 01, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »

So he needs to retire and we can claim the money back? If not, then just pay him off. Under any other circumstances, I would be against that, as he would then be free to join another club and potentially do well. Not going to happen with him though, is it?

He likely is entitled to the money for the rest of the contract and it wouldn't make sense to pay up all of that. The other option would be to pay a portion of the remainder and his new club pay him whatever and we release him. But there needs to be a club that wants him and will pay the balance. Otherwise he isn't going anywhere

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1738 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:43 PM »
Does he train with the first team squad ?,

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1739 on: February 01, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »
Does he train with the first team squad ?,

Looking at him, does he train with any squad ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal