collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460246 times)

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1665 on: December 20, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
I think he is crocked. Bruce certainly alluded to that.

Not sure if his instagram is blocked now but he posted a picture of him watching Joe Hart play for Torino last season and a few Villa fans had a pop at him. His response was along the lines of you'd struggle to play too if you had the knees I have.

For whatever reason he obviously can't get fit and I'd imagine he'd struggle to pass a stringent medical anywhere else. 

How the hell did he pass our medical, he has hardly played so he hasn't worn them out playing for us.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1666 on: December 20, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »
we've roped a few dopes in our time but this fella's got to rank right up there as being our worst ever signing

As mentioned above

N,Zogbia
Ivo Stas
Bosko Balaban

I am sure all clubs have them

Out of those I have a special dislike on N'Zogbia.  He had all the tools but just couldn't give a fuck.  The others were just hopeless footballers.

The amount of money we spent on N'Zogbia (fee and wages) was scandalous.  Stas is a bit harsh because of his terrible injuries, but I would add Stephen Ireland to that list. 

Stephen Ireland, Player of the Season - 2011/12 you mean? ;)

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1667 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »
we've roped a few dopes in our time but this fella's got to rank right up there as being our worst ever signing

He was on a free so even with the big wages I thought it was worth the gamble at the time. (I thought he'd be playing at RB though).

Bit worse if we'd signed him for about 8m from City like Ireland.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1668 on: December 20, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »
I think he is crocked. Bruce certainly alluded to that.

Not sure if his instagram is blocked now but he posted a picture of him watching Joe Hart play for Torino last season and a few Villa fans had a pop at him. His response was along the lines of you'd struggle to play too if you had the knees I have.

For whatever reason he obviously can't get fit and I'd imagine he'd struggle to pass a stringent medical anywhere else. 

How the hell did he pass our medical, he has hardly played so he hasn't worn them out playing for us.

Depends how stringent our medical was. He barely played in Florence the season before so think he was having issues then.

I would imagine the issue is actually training day in day out so he can't get the required fitness to be involved on a match day and the cycle continues through the season.

SB actually did say last season if we could get him fit he'd be in the team!

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1669 on: December 20, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »

As mentioned above

N,Zogbia
Ivo Stas
Bosko Balaban

Out of those I have a special dislike on N'Zogbia.  He had all the tools but just couldn't give a fuck.  The others were just hopeless footballers.

The amount of money we spent on N'Zogbia (fee and wages) was scandalous.  Stas is a bit harsh because of his terrible injuries, but I would add Stephen Ireland to that list. 

The very same one.  Only played the full 90 minutes on 11 occasions that season, so obviously fully deserved!!

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1670 on: December 20, 2017, 12:53:36 PM »
The thing that really pisses me off, is the fact that he actually a very good player

Is he bollocks!  :o

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1671 on: December 20, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »

100%. He's been absolutely awful from day one. WAY over priced even at nothing.

For all the other shit players names bandied about, NOBODY beats this clown to the worst ever. He's been THAT bad.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1672 on: December 20, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »

100%. He's been absolutely awful from day one. WAY over priced even at nothing.

For all the other shit players names bandied about, NOBODY beats this clown to the worst ever. He's been THAT bad.

Got to agree, someone said he was the worst centre back we had signed, he wasn't only that, he was the worst RB we have ever signed and to compound matters as a footballer he has all the positional sense of a leaf in a hurricane. Couple that with the shit attitude and boy o boy didn't we get a shoeing when we signed him.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #1673 on: December 20, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »

As mentioned above

N,Zogbia
Ivo Stas
Bosko Balaban

The very same one.  Only played the full 90 minutes on 11 occasions that season, so obviously fully deserved!!

Given that we didn't have a manager at the time I could never understand which eejit sanctioned the transfer. We should have simply got more cash for Milner for the new manager to spend.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1674 on: December 20, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
Given that we didn't have a manager at the time I could never understand which eejit sanctioned the transfer. We should have simply got more cash for Milner for the new manager to spend.

I imagine the conversation went something along the lines of:

[Man City]  We'll give you £18m, cash, for Milner.
[Villa]  No chance, he's worth at least £26m.
[Man City]  Sorry guys but we won't go a penny higher.
[Villa]  What about £18m plus Stephen Ireland?
[Man City]  But that's still £18 mill...ok, deal!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1675 on: December 20, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »
The vast majority on here at the time thought that Ireland was a great signing and that we'd screwed Man City over.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1676 on: December 20, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
The vast majority on here at the time thought that Ireland was a great signing and that we'd screwed Man City over.

Not me.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1677 on: December 20, 2017, 04:19:30 PM »

Rapidly became apparent that wasn't the case.  Clearly had talent, but application and desire were pitiful.  Right up there with N'Zogbia in our recent hall of shame.   

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1678 on: December 20, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »
I never wanted Ireland either, I remember pretty early on pointing out that his entire reputation was based on 3 months of decent performances. He's one of those players where the idea of what he brings is much better than the reality.  I had the same opinion of Fat Ross and Lansbury as well, oh and I firmly believe the only reason we signed nzogbia is because McLeish wanted to 'get his man' after missing out on him at Blues and we paid at least double his value because of it.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #1679 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »
Whes his contract up?

2019 I think

Jesus - WTF does he do all day but count money

I would imagine he hardly trains due to "injury" and I never see his name on the reserves team sheet

Do you think he ever feels guilty about taking the alleged £60K per week for another 18 months
I don't think he gives a shit.  I doubt we'll ever see him play for the first team again and he's right up there with N'Zogbia as far as I'm concerned.

N'Zogbia was way better than Richards as at least he had a couple of games where it could be described as him having a good game. Whereas Richards hasn't even had a 10 minute spell for us that could be classed as average let alone good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal