collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460194 times)

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1575 on: January 21, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »
Sunderland are apparently interested in Lescott, be great to shift Micah to them so they can rekindle their awesome partnership at centre back and ensure premier league survival.

ITSOTP...

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:38:44 AM by Zouch Villa »

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1576 on: January 21, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »
Definitely if a suitable bid comes in then fine, but I'm not sure one will.

What im saying though is if SB manages to remove the sack from the rhinos head, will a rhino be better than a giraffe (Hutton)?

The answer to the question is absolutely not.

This guy was an England international at full back and when he played there for us he looked like a two year old being introduced to the concept of football for the first time. He shows no awareness of what he should be doing, his passing is shite, his heading for such a big guy is comical and he shows zero effort. The bloke is a grade A Tw#t and should be got rid.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1577 on: January 21, 2017, 10:13:05 AM »
Every time there's a new post in this thread I pray someone has been stupid enough to take this useless waste if space of our hands.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1578 on: January 21, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »
On the bench

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1579 on: February 19, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Every time there's a new post in this thread I pray someone has been stupid enough to take this useless waste if space of our hands.

I am only bumping this in order to say "Don't pick him Bruce !"

It's something you'd expect Donald Trump to do, were he our manager.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1580 on: February 19, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
Rush Limbaugh said he's one of the greatest right backs ever. Fake fans not happy!

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1581 on: February 19, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
Co-incidentally, the latest news. If what is printed is correct then I'm beginning to have serious misgivings about Mr Bruce and his ideas of what being a footballer is all about. (sorry guys, just been on the SB thread and seen it on there)

Steve Bruce has revealed that Micah Richards is back in full training.

Richards has been struggling with a knee problem and was put on a six-week rehabilitation programme at Bodymoor Heath in order to solve the issue which had plagued him for some time.

Bruce delivered the positive update, however, this week that the former England right-back was out on the fields again and looking for a recall to the claret and blue line-up.

He said: “Micah is just back training.

“He has had an ongoing problem with his knee, which is a complicated one. I could do with Micah, certainly around the place he’s terrific and I could do with him on the pitch.

“He’s back out there and has been for the past week. He was on this six-week programme. Hopefully he stays right because his experience cold prove vital.

“Micah is a stick-on if he’s fit – an absolute stick-on. He’s got the right mentality.

"Unfortunately, fitness levels have been a big problem for him over the past few years.”

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:10:21 PM by Fasth56 »

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1582 on: February 19, 2017, 08:27:54 PM »
I hope he means he wants to stick him on the transfer list. Biggest sack of shit ever to play for Villa. If Bruce picks him I want him sacked immediately.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #1583 on: February 19, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
Didn't he pick him for his first game v Wolves though ?

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1584 on: February 19, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
In the games I've seen him play for the Villa - all TV mind you , especially versus Luton (OMG !) he's looked like Agbonlahor on treble steroids and his calves bigger than my wife's waist ! No longer a serious contender surely ? Knackered after 15 minutes of dragging all that around the pitch - always NOT in the right position !

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1585 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »
Who would he drop to play him? Chester? Bree?

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #1586 on: February 19, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »
might do a job at centre half if we're still going 3 at the back. I'm feeling it a bit more than Tommy 'Boon' Elphick

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1587 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »
In the games I've seen him play for the Villa - all TV mind you , especially versus Luton (OMG !) he's looked like Agbonlahor on treble steroids and his calves bigger than my wife's waist ! No longer a serious contender surely ? Knackered after 15 minutes of dragging all that around the pitch - always NOT in the right position !

That's the problem, he looked good as a teenager because he was so mobile but he just seems to, like Gabby, have decided that getting stronger was essential and he's lost half a yard of pace.  The problem with that is that if you've always played knowing you've got that pace and never learned how to be quicker than other people by reading the game without that bit of pace you look out of your depth.  It's why neither of them will ever get back to the levels they were at as 21-22 year olds and why both of them are a massive drain on our resources who we should move on asap.

It concerns me that there are people at the club who don't see this obvious truth, not just Bruce but various coaches, etc who should all be telling him that these guys just aren't going to get fit and be the players they could've become.  Both of them have been ruined by poor decision making and no one with the wits to tell them that strength at the expense of mobility wasn't worth it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1588 on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:55 PM »
“Micah is a stick-on if he’s fit – an absolute stick-on. He’s got the right mentality.

"Unfortunately, fitness levels have been a big problem for him over the past few years.”

Blimey.

Those quotes were omitted from the original story but shows you if Richards hadn't of been injured he'd have been playing every week.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1589 on: February 20, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

That's the problem, he looked good as a teenager because he was so mobile but he just seems to, like Gabby, have decided that getting stronger was essential and he's lost half a yard of pace.  The problem with that is that if you've always played knowing you've got that pace and never learned how to be quicker than other people by reading the game without that bit of pace you look out of your depth.  It's why neither of them will ever get back to the levels they were at as 21-22 year olds and why both of them are a massive drain on our resources who we should move on asap.

It concerns me that there are people at the club who don't see this obvious truth, not just Bruce but various coaches, etc who should all be telling him that these guys just aren't going to get fit and be the players they could've become.  Both of them have been ruined by poor decision making and no one with the wits to tell them that strength at the expense of mobility wasn't worth it.

Apparently Richards barely touches the weights at the gym and that his physique is pretty much natural. Hangeland says the same about Zaha and that he is lazy... which will tell you why it didn't work out at Man Utd.

I reckon Richards hasn't played for so long he must be fucking amazing by now. Maldini MK II.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal