collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460275 times)

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1425 on: August 10, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »
He strikes me as the sort of Billy Big Bollocks who had been there and done that in one good season at Citeh.  Then thought all he had to do was turn up for us grateful people each week to automatically qualify as captain and our adulation would know no bounds.

When it transpired that a lack of quality players making him look much better than he ever was found him out and much worse found his overall appetite for hard work out. The very epitome of our awfulness.
See, threads on here are full of this sort of rhetoric, repeated so often it is treated as fact.  'Spineless, cowards, thieves, gutless, lazy etc etc.'  The perceived wisdom is they all pretty much wanted to be shit and did it on purpose.  I just don't buy this.  I strongly suspect they wanted to be successful, but for various reasons were woefully short of confidence and form.  Don't get me wrong I absolutely agree that the majority of them were very poor last year and I totally understand the anger against them - I have it myself.  I just don't think they were deliberately shit or cowards etc as many people seem to infer.

I completely disagree, in tough times last season very few of our players showed the necessary character to do basics like play to the final whistle, track runners, encourage team mates, run hard, the very basic essentials of a professional footballer at any level. There was a decent core of players that threw in the towel in basically and they should never be forgiven for it. We had a mix of charlatans who though they were above a relegation fight, lads who used the club as a retirement home and the rest of decidedly average pr*cks and our three managers could fit in those categories too.

For a squad with our budget to finish with 17 points was an absolute disgrace. Deliberately shit, no, cowards and a disgrace to AVFC and their profession generally, absolutely.

Micah Richards was the biggest disgrace of all, diabolical signing giving that clown a four year contract on huge money, playing him in a position he had failed in years before, a player who was in semi retirement already and making him captain. Cheers Tim. There were games particularly when at right back near the end where he did not try a leg. I absolutely despise him.
He was the only one man enough to show the character to front up to the yobs who went down to the dugout against Wycombe. Others hid behind the perspex playing blowing bubbles. I'm not sure what Richards has actually done to be honest, unless being mates with Lescott and Co. are now crimes.

I had a similar thought but then I'd forgotten the Christmas video. Micah is scum.
What  did he do in the xmas video?

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #1426 on: August 10, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »
He strikes me as the sort of Billy Big Bollocks who had been there and done that in one good season at Citeh.  Then thought all he had to do was turn up for us grateful people each week to automatically qualify as captain and our adulation would know no bounds.

When it transpired that a lack of quality players making him look much better than he ever was found him out and much worse found his overall appetite for hard work out. The very epitome of our awfulness.
See, threads on here are full of this sort of rhetoric, repeated so often it is treated as fact.  'Spineless, cowards, thieves, gutless, lazy etc etc.'  The perceived wisdom is they all pretty much wanted to be shit and did it on purpose.  I just don't buy this.  I strongly suspect they wanted to be successful, but for various reasons were woefully short of confidence and form.  Don't get me wrong I absolutely agree that the majority of them were very poor last year and I totally understand the anger against them - I have it myself.  I just don't think they were deliberately shit or cowards etc as many people seem to infer.

I completely disagree, in tough times last season very few of our players showed the necessary character to do basics like play to the final whistle, track runners, encourage team mates, run hard, the very basic essentials of a professional footballer at any level. There was a decent core of players that threw in the towel in basically and they should never be forgiven for it. We had a mix of charlatans who though they were above a relegation fight, lads who used the club as a retirement home and the rest of decidedly average pr*cks and our three managers could fit in those categories too.

For a squad with our budget to finish with 17 points was an absolute disgrace. Deliberately shit, no, cowards and a disgrace to AVFC and their profession generally, absolutely.

Micah Richards was the biggest disgrace of all, diabolical signing giving that clown a four year contract on huge money, playing him in a position he had failed in years before, a player who was in semi retirement already and making him captain. Cheers Tim. There were games particularly when at right back near the end where he did not try a leg. I absolutely despise him.
He was the only one man enough to show the character to front up to the yobs who went down to the dugout against Wycombe. Others hid behind the perspex playing blowing bubbles. I'm not sure what Richards has actually done to be honest, unless being mates with Lescott and Co. are now crimes.

I had a similar thought but then I'd forgotten the Christmas video. Micah is scum.
Laughed.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1427 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »

Wanked a sheepdog.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1428 on: August 10, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »

Can't quite remember, but it would probably have got shot by the police on your side of the water.

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1429 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »

Laughed.
That's all I remembered.  Ok, moving on........

Offline villabear

« Reply #1430 on: August 10, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »
How the fuck is Richards captain? Not seen him open his gob once even with all this shit going on tonight.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1431 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »
At fault for the second the clown diving out of position and disrupting any shape.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #1432 on: August 10, 2016, 09:21:50 PM »
Hopefully this is his swansong, as he should have already been removed from the team. He is not a leader, just a poisonous reminder of last season's abject failure.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1433 on: August 10, 2016, 09:24:39 PM »
He shouldnt have been anywhere near our first team squad.

He is, and we fall apart. If RDM can't see this, then we have a major problem.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1434 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »

They weren't yobs at all. They were pissed of fans who, because of where we were sitting, had a rare opportunity to let the players know how angry they were while the game was being played. I hate him.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1435 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33:36 PM »
He's no fucking footballer. Just a ******.  A shitty one.

Offline villabear

« Reply #1436 on: August 10, 2016, 09:34:33 PM »
Extra security near the coach tonight methinks

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #1437 on: August 10, 2016, 09:46:28 PM »
Whatever anyone thinks of Richards there is no doubt he has just turned in the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen. It was like watching a school kid being constantly out of position. For a professional football of his years experience it was quite unbelievable.

At least he has guaranteed he won't be featuring on Saturday

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1438 on: August 10, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »
Was dismayed to see him on the bench at the weekend, disgusted to see him captain the side tonight

He truly played his part, hopefully convincing RDM once and for all that he should never ever have any association with our first team again

still has three years left on his deal but I couldnt care what it costs the club he simply has to be got rid of asap, hands behind his back Micah style

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1439 on: August 10, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »
Whatever anyone thinks of Richards there is no doubt he has just turned in the worst 45 minutes I have ever seen. It was like watching a school kid being constantly out of position. For a professional football of his years experience it was quite unbelievable.

At least he has guaranteed he won't be featuring on Saturday

Was he really worse than the rest? I dont think so

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal