collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460313 times)

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1380 on: August 04, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »
Let's give the guy a chance with these new fitness coaches. The previous management and coaching was a complete shambles. At 28 he should be in his prime. His early performance s last year were whole hearted.  Give him a chance ffs!

Gave him a chance already, and he has has shown himself to be a giant bell end. Sooner he goes the better, preferably to Newcastle seeing as they are happy to take our dross defenders off our hands.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:05:25 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1381 on: August 04, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »
Well I don't  agree. Would like to see Richards given a chance by RDM. I still think there's a good player in there. Would rather he played at RB than Hutton.

You've clearly forgotten his attempts at RB when played there last season then. The man has no engine anymore, he can't burst up the line and get back like he once did YEARS ago. He's completely lost it, whether that's down to a shit attitude or his body giving up on him I don't know.

But he's still on par with Gabby as my number 1 Villa Villain

Let's give the guy a chance with these new fitness coaches. The previous management and coaching was a complete shambles. At 28 he should be in his prime. His early performance s last year were whole hearted.  Give him a chance ffs!

He had a season of chances, he is a spineless gutless w*nker who didn't even want to play in the last games of the season because of the reception he would get. F*ck him off to who gives a f*ck where but get him out of the club now.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #1382 on: August 04, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »
Check out his commitment to defending our goal here. Give him a chance.

Offline john2710

« Reply #1383 on: August 04, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »
Richards was comfortably the worst of a bad bunch. At least Lescott, Guzan & Bacuna played out the remaining games & faced up to the stick they got.

Never in a million years will he ever make a central defender.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1384 on: August 05, 2016, 05:39:06 AM »
or a footballer. nice teeth though.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1385 on: August 05, 2016, 06:45:45 AM »
or a footballer. nice teeth though.

and that haircut..

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1386 on: August 05, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »
Richards was comfortably the worst of a bad bunch. At least Lescott, Guzan & Bacuna played out the remaining games & faced up to the stick they got.

Never in a million years will he ever make a central defender.

We can't say we weren't warned either. Practically every fan of his former clubs will tell you he just can't do it

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1387 on: August 05, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »
Well I don't  agree. Would like to see Richards given a chance by RDM. I still think there's a good player in there. Would rather he played at RB than Hutton.

You've clearly forgotten his attempts at RB when played there last season then. The man has no engine anymore, he can't burst up the line and get back like he once did YEARS ago. He's completely lost it, whether that's down to a shit attitude or his body giving up on him I don't know.

Footballers have to have self-discipline and be totally focused on the football to succeed.  GA's mind is somewhere else and would seem to have the attitude that he does not have to put in the hard miles.  However, I would say that past managers have allowed this to happen.  He should have been pulled up years ago.  As it is now, he has gone past the point of no return.  He may have a short term revival but he is on the down slope and past a point where he is fit for purpose for Villa.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1388 on: August 05, 2016, 08:19:07 AM »
I cannot see any report of injury so assume him going from club captain to my invisible is an indication the club realised where some of the issue lay

Sooner he goes the better

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1389 on: August 05, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »

Footballers have to have self-discipline and be totally focused on the football to succeed.  GA's mind is somewhere else and would seem to have the attitude that he does not have to put in the hard miles.  However, I would say that past managers have allowed this to happen.  He should have been pulled up years ago.  As it is now, he has gone past the point of no return.  He may have a short term revival but he is on the down slope and past a point where he is fit for purpose for Villa.

No more chances for twats like Richards and Agbonlahor. I refuse to support either of that pair.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1390 on: August 05, 2016, 08:59:07 AM »
I hope he's gone soon. I think he's been one of my biggest let downs of any of our signings for a very long time. I expected so much more from him. He's bloody useless.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1391 on: August 05, 2016, 10:00:25 AM »
I have no doubt he's a fine athlete of sorts.

A central defender for a professional football team - never!
One of the worst I've seen at VP in over 50 years.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #1392 on: August 05, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
I wonder if Di Matteo checked with his Italian contacts re Richards stay with Fiorentina?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1393 on: August 05, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
I don't really buy into this thing about players being deliberately shit, spineless and not caring etc.  A lot of that gets said about various players on here, but I'm sure each and every one of them wanted to win matches and not go through the sort of season we endured last year.  You don't get to play anywhere near this level without a decent attitude and heart.

With that said, there is no doubt that Micah and Gabby (and several others) were very, very poor last year.  They lost form & confidence and it was a downwards spiral.  I think Gabby is a busted flush for Villa.  I'm not sure if the fans will accept Micah back, but deep down I think he could probably do a very decent job for us a right back at this level.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1394 on: August 05, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »
I don't really buy into this thing about players being deliberately shit, spineless and not caring etc.  A lot of that gets said about various players on here, but I'm sure each and every one of them wanted to win matches and not go through the sort of season we endured last year.  You don't get to play anywhere near this level without a decent attitude and heart.

With that said, there is no doubt that Micah and Gabby (and several others) were very, very poor last year.  They lost form & confidence and it was a downwards spiral.  I think Gabby is a busted flush for Villa.  I'm not sure if the fans will accept Micah back, but deep down I think he could probably do a very decent job for us a right back at this level.
For the amount that they get paid, fans expect the players to give the appearance of caring and making the effort.
In my long years in people-development, the loss of motivation and active disengagement is almost-always the result of crap management and / or a toxic culture.
In the case of these players, Matteo & Clarke either need to find the motivational 'key' to them or accept that they need to be moved on. My guess is that we 're close to finding out which way it'll swing: come August 31 and the closing window they'll either be sent out on loan, sold or kept. If kept, it'll be because the management feel they can extract value out of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal