collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FA Cup replays scrapped by Pete3206
[Today at 12:54:40 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV82EC
[Today at 12:53:21 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:53:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Olneythelonely
[Today at 12:51:12 PM]

Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread by Steve67
[Today at 12:50:48 PM]

Jacob Ramsey by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Baldy
[Today at 12:49:19 PM]

NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 12:48:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458731 times)

Online Pat McMahon

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1125 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »
It won't shock me at all to see Richards sold in the summer. He's not the player we all hoped he could be again and critically not remotely the leader we needed him to be.

I could never work out why anybody thought he would be good for us. He has never been a centre half and has been out of regular football for a few years now.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1126 on: January 31, 2016, 02:00:01 AM »
Couldn't believe the space he had on the right hand side in the second half, he had more than I had in the top of the Holte, but every time he received the ball instead of bombing forward he played the ball back, when we lost the ball he ambles back towards our defence. He shirks all responsibility and doesn't help out team mates, a complete disaster on all accounts.

He was like that at right back last week.

If Debuchy signing means we see a back 5 of Bunn, Debuchy, Okore, Lescott, Cissokho until the last ball is kicked, then happy days.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #1127 on: January 31, 2016, 06:46:51 AM »
Him and CNZ are all that is rotten about modern day prem football, it says more about us than him, that we have on a consistent basis allowed this sort of player to ever pull on the shirt of Aston Villa.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #1128 on: January 31, 2016, 07:18:24 AM »
Him and CNZ are all that is rotten about modern day prem football, it says more about us than him, that we have on a consistent basis allowed this sort of player to ever pull on the shirt of Aston Villa.

I don't think that's a comparison that can be made. Richards is a poor footballer but his attitude cannot be questioned, whereas CNZ is just a mercenary who has no interest in playing football and is happy to milk the club dry.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #1129 on: January 31, 2016, 07:29:57 AM »
Richards is so far up his own arse, his dentists is a gynecologist and I would also ask you to think back, did CNZ cause this sort of disruption after such a short time at the club, the answer was no.
Richards has had far to much influence from day one, he is a billy big bollocks and I am a 100% sure that if no one wants him come the end of the season, we will again be stuck with a high earning parasite.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1130 on: January 31, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »
We'd only reported back from training one week before Richards started tweeting about how great it was at Citeh and then started selling them to our club captain.  In their rightful fury at Snake many forgot about Richards role in that, turns out it was just par for the course.

We have to start to make a stand against this sort of rubbish, Berger did it with Barry regards the Redscouse and he was awarded a new contract, Richards did it with Delph and he was awarded the Capataincy. FFS Villa.

Fuck him off, he's shit.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:48:39 AM by OzVilla »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1131 on: January 31, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »
 If Debuchy signs it gives us another few months to find a right back for next season and Garde will ditch Richards

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1132 on: January 31, 2016, 09:15:48 AM »
We'd only reported back from training one week before Richards started tweeting about how great it was at Citeh and then started selling them to our club captain.  In their rightful fury at Snake many forgot about Richards role in that, turns out it was just par for the course.

We have to start to make a stand against this sort of rubbish, Berger did it with Barry regards the Redscouse and he was awarded a new contract, Richards did it with Delph and he was awarded the Capataincy. FFS Villa.

Fuck him off, he's shit.

Berger wasn't awarded a new contract after the Barry stuff. He had a one year extension at the end of 2007. 2008 was the Barry stuff, his contract expired that summer and he went back to Prague.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #1133 on: January 31, 2016, 09:23:18 AM »
O'Neil slated Berger for that and kicked him out, love or loathe MON he didn't let players rule the roost.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1134 on: January 31, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »
Happy to stand corrected on the timeline re Berger but the point remains.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1135 on: January 31, 2016, 09:42:59 AM »
Richards can fuck off

And take (for varying reasons) CNZ, Gabby, Sinclair, Guzan, Clark, Richardson, Westwood and that may not be the end of it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1136 on: January 31, 2016, 09:47:22 AM »

I don't think that's a comparison that can be made. Richards is a poor footballer but his attitude cannot be questioned, whereas CNZ is just a mercenary who has no interest in playing football and is happy to milk the club dry.

Richards attitude is a disgrace imo

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1137 on: January 31, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Like Gabby his physical attributes have got him to this level but mentally he ,especially at CB is not prem standard.

How a player who barely played for 3 years came in as our first choice CB  ( a position he has never regularly played ) on a huge contract and was made captain is beyond belief.Arrogance on Tims behalf in that IMO he wanted to prove English talent was better and he could nurture him into a England player again ....

Like Gabby once his pace goes he will be utterly useless

At least Gabby waited until his pace had gone before turning into a completely useless squad member.

Richards to me is blatantly sulking when he's playing at right back and blatantly shit when playing centre back.

There's a reason why he got no game time in Italy when they switched to 352.  Not trusted as centre back and not good enough going forward to play wing back.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1138 on: January 31, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »
I was hoping we would get rid during January, I don't want him stinking the place out next season. Terrible signing.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1139 on: January 31, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »
I would try and sell him at the end of the season if we can find a buyer.  I hope he has a reduced wages clause in his contract just in case we cannot sell him.  I would then consider loaning him out and paying half his wages.  It might cost us £20k a week but it might be worth it and I am sure a PL club would take him off our hands for about £30k a week wages.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal