collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455796 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1005 on: January 10, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »
I'm torn on Richards. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I think he's a gobshite. I give him credit for going to the fans yesterday, knowing full well he'd get an earful.

Keep him at right back and get in a decent coaching team to ensure he's in a more cohesive backline. He needs to improve his awareness and concentration tenfold but beyond that I think he should be fine. He at least shows passion. That is something I do like about him. He's got the fire and vocals to be a captain, just not the consistency or temperament. But he's far and away the best option we have. Probably the only option. Lescott could be but he's just so done at this level it's not funny. Gabby has hopefully played his last game for the club.
We need to buy a decent skipper for one thing.

Richards attitude on the pitch is a joke, mighty Wycombe's best chances all came from him going walkabout

will help us create more on the right than Hutton though. Hutton is a crap defender too really

Offline supertom

« Reply #1006 on: January 10, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »
I'm torn on Richards. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I think he's a gobshite. I give him credit for going to the fans yesterday, knowing full well he'd get an earful.

Keep him at right back and get in a decent coaching team to ensure he's in a more cohesive backline. He needs to improve his awareness and concentration tenfold but beyond that I think he should be fine. He at least shows passion. That is something I do like about him. He's got the fire and vocals to be a captain, just not the consistency or temperament. But he's far and away the best option we have. Probably the only option. Lescott could be but he's just so done at this level it's not funny. Gabby has hopefully played his last game for the club.
We need to buy a decent skipper for one thing.

Richards attitude on the pitch is a joke, mighty Wycombe's best chances all came from him going walkabout

will help us create more on the right than Hutton though. Hutton is a crap defender too really

I don't think him going walkabout is necessarily his attitude, more the fact he's probably got shit for brains. He still plays like he's 18 years old and can't concentrate.

The sad part is, Richards and Hutton are probably two of the very few players here who have even a smidgen of character. They both should be vying for one position, and as you say, Hutton's a bit shit.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1007 on: January 10, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »

I'm sure it'd help a LOT if we had a leader/voice out on the pitch. As it is we have a collection of individuals with little communication or direction.

Giving Richards the armband is one thing, but that doesn't mean he's comfortable being the voice/leader, it doesn't come naturally to him clearly, and Lescott is the same.

That said, i've no idea how in our side it would come naturally to. But we need someone to do the talking out there ASAP

You only have to look at the side when they come out for the start of either half, when we concede a goal, or if there are breaks in play for injuries that there is no leadership in the team, no one to cajole the rest of the players to bounce back from a set-back. This is the biggest problem with the team, there's no leadership and no fight to drag the team through bad spells (albeit this bad spell has lasted between 20 games and five years, depending on how you look at it).

No better example than the Watford game.
Get back level just before half time. Come out in second half and are completely on top. Then their keeper gets injured and we were never in it again. The whole team switched off during those 9 minutes.

Offline LTA

« Reply #1008 on: January 10, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »
Seems Lescott and Guzan were swearing at fans behind dugout and promoted clash with Richards.

Admittedly it's Nursey who runs the story, but not good to hear.

I think the atmosphere behind the scenes is even more toxic than anyone realises.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #1009 on: January 10, 2016, 09:29:01 PM »
Seems Lescott and Guzan were swearing at fans behind dugout and promoted clash with Richards.

Admittedly it's Nursey who runs the story, but not good to hear.

I think the atmosphere behind the scenes is even more toxic than anyone realises.

This was posted earlier on FB by a fan who was at the game .

The Papers are portraying that it was fans being upset over the performance when it was in fact down to 2 senior players messing around on the bench clearly in view trying to see which one can spit there chewing gum the closest to the touch line and laughing with no interest in the game.

Lescott & Guzan who are supposed to be so called senior players were approached by a fan who knocked the dug out and they both told him to F**K Off

IT WAS THEN RICHARDS came out to talk to the fan and others that then gathered.

For me get rid of the lot and let's have a go with players who are proud to wear the shirt!!!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1010 on: January 10, 2016, 09:39:18 PM »
It isn't right though that the fan comes down to the dugout. And I bet he didn't just knock on it politely and ask if they wanted to join him for a cuppa.

Offline LTA

« Reply #1011 on: January 10, 2016, 09:42:37 PM »
Pretty obvious now there's state of civil war between the club and the fans. 

I can't believe how toxic a club we have become.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1012 on: January 10, 2016, 09:53:19 PM »
When things really fall apart, I happens fast.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1013 on: January 10, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »
And it's what happens when things are papered over and the majority of the communication with the fans is complete bullshit or sales patter. You can only insult peoples intelligence for so long before they think fuck it, I've had enough.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1014 on: January 10, 2016, 10:33:11 PM »
And it's what happens when things are papered over and the majority of the communication with the fans is complete bullshit or sales patter. You can only insult peoples intelligence for so long before they think fuck it, I've had enough.

Good point. That time is now. I hope we don't lose against Palace or else. Leicester on the box next week could be even worse.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1015 on: January 11, 2016, 05:19:47 AM »
the probability is that we'll loose both given our record this season and I'm more than a little surprised that fans' frustration has taken this long to really start to manifest itself

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #1016 on: January 11, 2016, 05:46:49 AM »
Diablo I think you may have a very valid point there, I see in Gestede a player who is totally shot of confidence, a player who is not sure what his role in the team is supposed to be, his team mates are wary of involving him as his first touch is awful, he is afraid to try anything apart from the bare basics, but and there is always a but , if that is the case and we can see it, why can't the manager.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1017 on: January 11, 2016, 06:21:38 AM »
Not sure if it's already been posted but at the other end of the fan interaction scale Jonjo Shelvey offered one of the Swansea fans to have a chat with him in the car park after the game. Bring reported by the Mirror but I can't link the story on my phone for some reason.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #1018 on: January 11, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
Whatever you think of him as a player, and I personally think he is poor with no positional sense and no concentration, you have to admire him for putting his neck on the line and talking to those guys like that. There is a cancer in our club that will get even worse before it gets better.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1019 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:50 PM »
Whatever you think of him as a player, and I personally think he is poor with no positional sense and no concentration, you have to admire him for putting his neck on the line and talking to those guys like that. There is a cancer in our club that will get even worse before it gets better.

I don't admire him for it at all. As he has shown lots lately, he just loves mouthing off. I'd have had some respect for him if he'd used his position as captain to tell that pair of twats Guzan and Lescott to grow up.

I can't think of a time in my life, where almost to a man, I despise each and every player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal