collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455851 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #960 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:41 PM »
Micah Ricahrds has gone up in my estimations today, respect to him for facing the fans like that.

Yeah, he's my new Villa hero.

Lol'd.

I also respect him slightly more for getting amongst the fans. Fact remains he's a crap centre back and a crap leader. He thinks 'straight talking' is leadership and that talking shit on Twitter is the same thing, also that petulance = passion. I actually think if he could be put in his place, literally and figuratively, he could be good for us. But he's clearly thought he's doing us all a favour by being here since the day he rocked up and I can't see that changing.

Offline LTA

« Reply #961 on: January 09, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »
At least the fans who confronted Richards appeared to be attempting a reasonable discussion with him.  Compared to the moronic behaviour of the ones outside the coach......

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
At least the fans who confronted Richards appeared to be attempting a reasonable discussion with him.  Compared to the moronic behaviour of the ones outside the coach......

The fact that there was no pane of glass in between them and the player might explain that one!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #963 on: January 09, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »
The bloke is a grade A twunt.  Listening to him when we signed talking about his time in italy, I thought we might be getting somebody special, somebody who had moved to a foreign league to better themselves and expand their understanding of the game.  But no, he's just your usual thick as pig shit English footballer, and he's crap as well.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #964 on: January 09, 2016, 09:19:16 PM »
He is the player I most dislike in this team (saying something). A piss poor central defender, trouble maker and a total gobshite in the media.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #965 on: January 09, 2016, 09:33:32 PM »
He is the player I most dislike in this team (saying something). A piss poor central defender, trouble maker and a total gobshite in the media.

As disappointed as I am with Micah, kudos to him for speaking to those fans.

I certainly hate Bacuna far more, smiling away and not caring one shit about anything to do with our football club.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #966 on: January 09, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »
I certainly hate Bacuna far more, smiling away and not caring one shit about anything to do with our football club.

I remember reading on here somebody who did work at his house and apparently it's basically a shrine to Aston Villa. And that he's extremely aware about how lucky he is to play for us.

Doesn't make him any better a footballer, but I don't see why him not being very good means he doesn't care. At the very least, I'd expect he'd care about his reduced wages next season in the Championship.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #967 on: January 09, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »

I remember reading on here somebody who did work at his house and apparently it's basically a shrine to Aston Villa. And that he's extremely aware about how lucky he is to play for us.

Doesn't make him any better a footballer, but I don't see why him not being very good means he doesn't care. At the very least, I'd expect he'd care about his reduced wages next season in the Championship.
Are people's reactions being weighted by Stan Collymore's comments about Bacuna's instagram from yesterday? I don't see what he'd done wrong, unless saying (to paraphrase) "try to take the positives from the negative stuff" is a bad thing.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #968 on: January 09, 2016, 10:38:37 PM »

Some people react that way when they're nervous, stressed, under pressure or know that they've f##ked up.

It's called a nervous smile.

Offline bob

« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2016, 01:26:12 AM »
I don't respect him any more for speaking to those fans.

Their exchange is worth precisely the square root of fuck all.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2016, 01:30:02 AM »

Some people react that way when they're nervous, stressed, under pressure or know that they've f##ked up.

It's called a nervous smile.

I think Bacuna is smiling much of the time because it is his way of dealing with it. He works as hard as anyone, as ineffective as he may be.

Offline peter w

« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2016, 01:35:58 AM »
I like bacuna. he's not good enough for the Prem and it's 50/50 whether he is good enough for the Championship but you can see playing for us really means something to him.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »
I'd agree with that; it certainly doesn't look like he's not trying, he's just not very good - like a lot of them.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:27 AM »
Bacuna is crap. Utility player because he is crap everywhere.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2016, 02:59:03 AM »
The other day I watched the season review DVD for last season (well I do love me some horror!) surprised me how many of our goals Bacuna was involved in during our all too brief spell of playing well under Sherwood.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal