collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458473 times)

Offline nigel

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2016, 11:06:44 AM »
I'd been frustrated but understanding of both Sherwood's and Garde's reluctance to play him at right back without Okore to fill in at centre back, but Saturday pissed me off.
Especially as the centre pairing that's looked least shit so far is Okore and Lescott.

I'd read that Okore was carrying a knock, which was why he didnt start.
I can only assume that it's not a bad one as he was on the bench.

At the end of last season the Okore/Clark combo was looking good.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #826 on: January 04, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
I'd been frustrated but understanding of both Sherwood's and Garde's reluctance to play him at right back without Okore to fill in at centre back, but Saturday pissed me off.
Especially as the centre pairing that's looked least shit so far is Okore and Lescott.

I didn't get that either. Why drop Okore when he has been less shit than anyone else in the middle? 

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #827 on: January 04, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »

I didn't get that either. Why drop Okore when he has been less shit than anyone else in the middle? 

He missed the Norwich game due to inflammation in the knee he's had two operations on which is obviously fair enough. But if he was fit enough to be on the bench, then presumably he was fit enough to start and could have missed Wycombe if necessary.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #828 on: January 04, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
The thought that it might be in his contract that he only plays at Centre half, if this was anyone else but the Aston Villa administration team, better known as the Chuckle Brothers, would be absolutely outrageous, even if it is, tell him this is where he needs to play, right back, if he does not like it he can go forth and multiply in the summer which he will probably do anyhow. Plays crap bomb squad him, it is not as if we have not done that to better players than him before.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #829 on: January 04, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »
Oh and by the way stay of Twitter you Twat, do all your talking out on the pitch or under the supervision of a comms / media officer from Villa Park (if we have one) as it seems to be taking you longer after each twatter to get your boots out of your mouth.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »
It isn't in his contract I spoke to someone on Monday who has a long association with Micah and he is open to playing RB if it helps the team.

I heard different. There is nothing in his contract to say where he plays but he pointedly refuses to play at full back. A pretty bad egg around the club as well so I am told.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #831 on: January 04, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
fuck the fucker right off if true.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #832 on: January 04, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »
I would fuck him off in January if someone takes on his wages. 

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #833 on: January 04, 2016, 06:49:16 PM »
To go from having captains and natural leaders such as Richardson, Townsend, Southgate, Melberg, Barry, Laursen and Petrov to the ones of recent years (Bent and Gabby were also appointed captains at one time right?) speaks volumes really.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #834 on: January 04, 2016, 06:51:04 PM »
To go from having captains and natural leaders such as Richardson, Townsend, Southgate, Melberg, Barry, Laursen and Petrov to the ones of recent years (Bent and Gabby were also appointed captains at one time right?) speaks volumes really.

It just proves that the standard of players we signed over the years was in a steep decline.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #835 on: January 04, 2016, 06:56:47 PM »
I'd also like to see him got rid of at the earliest possible opportunity.

In fact, I'd have Stanley the Vitality sausage dog in at full back before Richards.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #836 on: January 04, 2016, 07:06:50 PM »
I would fuck him off in January if someone takes on his wages.

seconded

i wouldnt mind if the wanker was any good

Online aj2k77

« Reply #837 on: January 04, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
It isn't in his contract I spoke to someone on Monday who has a long association with Micah and he is open to playing RB if it helps the team.

I heard different. There is nothing in his contract to say where he plays but he pointedly refuses to play at full back. A pretty bad egg around the club as well so I am told.

Then he should be dropped and left out of the squad until we can sell him in the Summer. Anyone making any kind of waves at the moment should be kicked to the curb and replaced by the youth team. We have nothing to lose, we have no points anyway, we need to start clamping down on shirkers and wankers now and set the disciplinary scene for next season now. ''Project championship'' needs to start today.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #838 on: January 04, 2016, 07:41:48 PM »

Then he should be dropped and left out of the squad until we can sell him in the Summer. Anyone making any kind of waves at the moment should be kicked to the curb and replaced by the youth team. We have nothing to lose, we have no points anyway, we need to start clamping down on shirkers and wankers now and set the disciplinary scene for next season now. ''Project championship'' needs to start today.

agree 100%

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #839 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:35 PM »
I don't agree with much of what you say aj2k77 but if cheltenham's info is correct then I think that you're right on that one. We actually look worse with him lining up at centre back, as incredible as that seems.

If his head is so far up his arse that he refuses to play full back then:
1. Drop him. It's not as though we're weakening the team by not playing him at all
2. If it's not in his contract (and regardless of whether Karl or cheltenham are right, they've both heard that it isn't contractual that he can't play fullback) then if he's refusing then surely he's in breach of contract. Hopefully that would result in loss of wages / opening to tear up contract.

If he's actually willing to play there and it was Remi's call on Saturday then to me that's one almighty bollock dropped.

See what the line up is for Wycombe if Hutton's out. If Richards is in the starting 11 and anywhere other than right back then you'll probably hear me scream from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal