collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455799 times)

Offline godzvilla

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #735 on: December 31, 2015, 09:42:07 AM »
I would be tempted to play him in a central defensive midfield role on Saturday if Okore is fit. Can Cissokho play on Saturday, is he fit even?

As for Richards at Villa, think the Delph incident put some fans on a downer from the off and he has never recovered from that.

According to the OS...." Aly Cissokho has returned to the club following a loan spell at Porto.

Cissokho was originally due to spend the season with the Primeira Liga club.

But the defender has been recalled early.

The 28-year-old will be eligible to play from January onwards, following the Sunderland game.
" .

Not sure why he can't play on the 2nd of January , given that the transfer deadline opens on the 1st (?). Whatever...one more game with the choice of a variety of dodgy Left Back's to choose from ........Godzvilla!

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #736 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
I would be tempted to play him in a central defensive midfield role on Saturday if Okore is fit. Can Cissokho play on Saturday, is he fit even?

As for Richards at Villa, think the Delph incident put some fans on a downer from the off and he has never recovered from that.

i would be tempted not to play him at all, who the fuck does he think he is?

not a centre half for starters

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #737 on: December 31, 2015, 11:23:17 PM »
Why do some of us think that we can sort our defensive woes by moving one of our not-so-good centre-halves into midfield? Are we unique in thinking like so? Clark before has often been suggested, now Richards. I'm struggling to think of examples when this has worked either here or anywhere else. The other way round, midfielder into defence, there's been a few, Southgate being one. I just don't see how his poor positioning and ball-watching would be negated by playing further up the pitch.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #738 on: December 31, 2015, 11:30:35 PM »
Called clutching at straws I think LFS.

Offline LTA

« Reply #739 on: December 31, 2015, 11:31:16 PM »
Seems a bit sensitive to criticism as well. Easy to hide behind everyone else at Cit£h with some very big personalities centre stage. As captain and on of our more experienced PL players he's front and centre now and is showing himself to be nowhere near captain/leader material.

Perhaps he should spend a little bit less time on twitter and a bit more time working with his teammates on sorting the back line out.

As Big Ron would say.  Dont tell me, show me.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #740 on: December 31, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »
Seems a bit sensitive to criticism as well. Easy to hide behind everyone else at Cit£h with some very big personalities centre stage. As captain and on of our more experienced PL players he's front and centre now and is showing himself to be nowhere near captain/leader material.

Perhaps he should spend a little bit less time on twitter and a bit more time working with his teammates on sorting the back line out.

As Big Ron would say.  Dont tell me, show me.
FKN TWITTER
self affirmating ******
hate the lot of em
CHRIS NICHOLL is coming to get you

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #741 on: December 31, 2015, 11:39:52 PM »

According to the OS...." Aly Cissokho has returned to the club following a loan spell at Porto.

Cissokho was originally due to spend the season with the Primeira Liga club.

But the defender has been recalled early.

The 28-year-old will be eligible to play from January onwards, following the Sunderland game.
" .

Not sure why he can't play on the 2nd of January , given that the transfer deadline opens on the 1st (?). Whatever...one more game with the choice of a variety of dodgy Left Back's to choose from ........Godzvilla!

Because the transfer window doesn't open until midnight Jan 2nd.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #742 on: December 31, 2015, 11:58:13 PM »
For a number if years now we've been calling for someone to be vocal, to show they care and want to win. Our captain does it and everyone wants him to shut up.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #743 on: January 01, 2016, 12:02:00 AM »
That's fine but he does need to do his day job properly.

Offline supertom

« Reply #744 on: January 01, 2016, 12:30:08 AM »
That's fine but he does need to do his day job properly.
Exactly.
He's got everything in his arsenal to be a very good central defender, IF he can sort his concentration and awareness out and learn his position.
I don't necessarily think playing Right Back will negate him dropping bollocks by anymeans, but perhaps merely give him license to be effective going forward, and also drop bollocks in marginally less dangerous positions at the back.

No matter if he playings central or on the right he's got to improve his awareness and positioning regardless. If he could do that as a fullback he'd be able to do it as a CH I'd imagine. He was only initially moved to fullback in his younger years because of his inexperience and naivety IIRC. I think clearly he wants to be a CH. I just wish he'd learn his trade quicker, or we had someone with experience and legs next to him, who can organise. Lescott has never been an organiser for me. He had Kompany next to him at City, or I think Jagielka at Everton perhaps marshalled things with him too. And Lescott's legs have packed up now anyhow. I'd love to have a Martin Laursen here. He'd get the best out of someone like Richards I think.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #745 on: January 01, 2016, 12:58:11 AM »
Why do some of us think that we can sort our defensive woes by moving one of our not-so-good centre-halves into midfield? Are we unique in thinking like so? Clark before has often been suggested, now Richards. I'm struggling to think of examples when this has worked either here or anywhere else. The other way round, midfielder into defence, there's been a few, Southgate being one. I just don't see how his poor positioning and ball-watching would be negated by playing further up the pitch.

McGrath played that role for RoI for a few years. But now you're talking about someone who Richards is barely fit to have his name on the back of a replica shirt.

Offline supertom

« Reply #746 on: January 01, 2016, 01:01:55 AM »
Moving Micah around all over the shop, or effectively moving him into midfield to keep him out of trouble is a bad idea. We need to decide on his long term position. If that is still CH, he's got to really be worked on. That means giving him a decent partner and perhaps hiring a decent defensive coach because clearly whatever we're doing in training is not making a blind bit of difference as our organisation is non-existent. Four headless chickens and a deer caught in headlights between the sticks.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #747 on: January 01, 2016, 01:11:07 AM »
Moving Micah around all over the shop, or effectively moving him into midfield to keep him out of trouble is a bad idea. We need to decide on his long term position. If that is still CH, he's got to really be worked on. That means giving him a decent partner and perhaps hiring a decent defensive coach because clearly whatever we're doing in training is not making a blind bit of difference as our organisation is non-existent. Four headless chickens and a deer caught in headlights between the sticks.

Agree and it doesn't help if we're chopping and changing the back four every game.  Richards isn't the only one we need to make a decision on because if Lescott and Okore are not fit enough to play two games in a week then they won't be much use in the Championship and we should be looking at other options. 

I do however think a back four of Richards, Okore, Lescott and Cissokho could be something to work with, especially if they had a more solid keeper behind them and defensive midfielder in front of them. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #748 on: January 01, 2016, 01:25:13 AM »
He will be gone this window.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #749 on: January 01, 2016, 02:07:17 AM »
We need a tried, tested AND trusted back four. I like Micah's attitude, we need that across back four, but more importantly players playing in their best positions not their preferred positions. UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal