collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455675 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #720 on: December 30, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »
If he is then Bacuna lescott Okore Richards has to be the back 4 on Saturday.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #721 on: December 30, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »
Play him RB, he'd do something with the space Hutton gets especially as I imagine Cissokho will be instructed not to cross the halfway line when he gets into the team.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #722 on: December 30, 2015, 03:55:31 PM »
Has there ever been anything in Richards' career to suggest he can play centre half at a high level?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #723 on: December 30, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
Has there ever been anything in Richards' career to suggest he can play centre half at a high level?

Diddly squat as far as I can remember:

Break through for Man City as right back
Majority of appearances for Man City as right back.
All his England caps as right back.

Him being viewed as a right back was one of the reasons it went sour in Fiorentina when they switched to a back 3 which you'd think was an easier transition from right back than playing centre back in a flat four.

I can understand why he hasn't appeared at right back to date if he's not been fit at the same time as Okore, a pairing lacking in pace to the degree of Clark and Lescott anyone?

The unfortunate synchronisation of his injury with Okore's won't be helping the rumour mill.

Start off withhis involvement or otherwise in Delph's move getting some people's backs up before we'd even started pre season.
Add his dubious personal performances in what, according to urban legend, is his preferred position pissing people off even further and you've got someone who we've never really taken too, who's never been viewed as one of us.
Top of with his involvement in a team that is so shite it's breaking records Lambert could only dream about giving rise to feelings of impotent fury and you've got the sort of situation where every minute detail is raked over and analysed to find yet another contributory explanation for our apparent changes to both motto and "mission statement" which now read as "Unprepared" and "Proud History, Shite Future"

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #724 on: December 30, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »
I agree with all of that VID and add the gratuitous stupidity of a ban for fighting in the tunnel and a five minute shoveathon in injury time at Norwich. We have had some stupid players over the years but he is well up there for the coveted title of El Stupido.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #725 on: December 30, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »
I'd like to think that with him and Okore both fit  then the possibility of him shifting to RB is at least being considered. I can see why his has played right CB with the Lescott or Clark but now Okore can blance the middle it has to be time to have him down the right. As far as PR is concerned - someone needs to tell him to stop talking and using social media.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #726 on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
I'd like to think that with him and Okore both fit  then the possibility of him shifting to RB is at least being considered. I can see why his has played right CB with the Lescott or Clark but now Okore can blance the middle it has to be time to have him down the right. As far as PR is concerned - someone needs to tell him to stop talking and using social media.

I didn't realise you'd started using Proportional Representation instead of First Past The Post, or in our case, Loads Inbetween The Posts.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #727 on: December 30, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »
I agree with all of that VID and add the gratuitous stupidity of a ban for fighting in the tunnel and a five minute shoveathon in injury time at Norwich. We have had some stupid players over the years but he is well up there for the coveted title of El Stupido.

I'd forgotten about the tunnel fight. Still that happened before the diarrhoea sauce was added to the shit sandwich that is this season and that kind of bollocks went down well in some quarters "'cause at least 'ez showin' sum pazzion."

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #728 on: December 30, 2015, 09:43:29 PM »
When I look at him on the pitch, he seems to have the ways of someone with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #729 on: December 30, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
Would any one be surprised if he is the first rat off the sinking ship?

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #730 on: December 30, 2015, 09:49:34 PM »
When I look at him on the pitch, he seems to have the ways of someone with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I certainly get the sense he is better than the rest of the team and its them at fault for our issues not him.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #731 on: December 30, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »
Seems a bit sensitive to criticism as well. Easy to hide behind everyone else at Cit£h with some very big personalities centre stage. As captain and on of our more experienced PL players he's front and centre now and is showing himself to be nowhere near captain/leader material.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #732 on: December 30, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »
I would be tempted to play him in a central defensive midfield role on Saturday if Okore is fit. Can Cissokho play on Saturday, is he fit even?

As for Richards at Villa, think the Delph incident put some fans on a downer from the off and he has never recovered from that.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #733 on: December 30, 2015, 10:15:58 PM »
I want Richards to STFU and show us. The criticism is totally warranted. Great to have passion but be better at your job. That said, he has some utter tripe next to him.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #734 on: December 30, 2015, 11:37:16 PM »
Play him at rightback and sign a decent centre half to play with Okore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal