collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455846 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #645 on: November 28, 2015, 01:53:46 AM »
We are going to find out tomorrow how the interview was received. If he is still captain then Remi won't have seen any harm done by it. The best we can hope for is that has the affect Richards was looking for and that they all show significantly more character than they have shown over the past number of games. There's no place to hide right now.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #646 on: November 28, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »
I'd be inclined to agree with Bob as well.  I think Richards is dim as a 10 watt bulb.  I imagine his aim was to appease the fans by saying what he thinks we want to hear, which in itself is arrogant and presumptuous, but also overlooks the blindingly obvious fact that people don't much like being slagged off in public by colleagues who are no more competent than themselves.  It's a downright idiotic interview by a man who appears to think he's not contributed to the calamities of this season.  Whether we as fans agree with any of the points he makes is irrelevant.  His words could never do anything but damage to his team-mates.  If he had half a brain he'd realise that sharing such thoughts is not helpful in this situation.  If he had half a brain he'd realise that the best way to get us onside is to stop playing like Frank Spencer, take some responsibility for the mess he's part of and do whatever it takes to galvanise his team and lead it to safety.  If he thinks that's the way to do it he's a massive thicko, and if this was some sort of rallying cry it's as misjudged as some of his positional play.  There are enough pundits getting paid to churn out this sort of specious rubbish, I don't want to hear it from any of our players, regardless of how true it may or may not be.  From what we've seen so far I'd be surprised if Garde didn't take a very dim view of this, and I'd expect to see some punishment.  (I'd then expect to see Richards bleating about how unfair the punishment was, and the entire Sherwood press agreeing with him).     

Ozzyjim, not having a go, but think something needs to be done and maybe things need to be said. I think Richards is a top player for us, though may have to play right back (that may be the reason he came to us and has he a clause to play CB). If so that it is wrong, but he has been the best CB

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #647 on: November 28, 2015, 03:03:37 AM »
I'd be inclined to agree with Bob as well.  I think Richards is dim as a 10 watt bulb.  I imagine his aim was to appease the fans by saying what he thinks we want to hear, which in itself is arrogant and presumptuous, but also overlooks the blindingly obvious fact that people don't much like being slagged off in public by colleagues who are no more competent than themselves.  It's a downright idiotic interview by a man who appears to think he's not contributed to the calamities of this season.  Whether we as fans agree with any of the points he makes is irrelevant.  His words could never do anything but damage to his team-mates.  If he had half a brain he'd realise that sharing such thoughts is not helpful in this situation.  If he had half a brain he'd realise that the best way to get us onside is to stop playing like Frank Spencer, take some responsibility for the mess he's part of and do whatever it takes to galvanise his team and lead it to safety.  If he thinks that's the way to do it he's a massive thicko, and if this was some sort of rallying cry it's as misjudged as some of his positional play.  There are enough pundits getting paid to churn out this sort of specious rubbish, I don't want to hear it from any of our players, regardless of how true it may or may not be.  From what we've seen so far I'd be surprised if Garde didn't take a very dim view of this, and I'd expect to see some punishment.  (I'd then expect to see Richards bleating about how unfair the punishment was, and the entire Sherwood press agreeing with him).     

Ozzyjim, not having a go, but think something needs to be done and maybe things need to be said. I think Richards is a top player for us, though may have to play right back (that may be the reason he came to us and has he a clause to play CB). If so that it is wrong, but he has been the best CB

Not Ozzyjim, but anyway, the point is that these things may well need to be said - but not in public. If he thinks his teammates need to shape up, he should say it somehow on the training ground. He should find the best way to get the message across, to motivate his teammates to improve. In other words, to be a captain. Put an arm round some shoulders, kick some arses, do whatever it takes, in person, with each individual. Blaming all the new signings in the press is patently an idiotic approach, it's unimpressive and most likely counterproductive.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »

Not Ozzyjim, but anyway, the point is that these things may well need to be said - but not in public. If he thinks his teammates need to shape up, he should say it somehow on the training ground. He should find the best way to get the message across, to motivate his teammates to improve. In other words, to be a captain. Put an arm round some shoulders, kick some arses, do whatever it takes, in person, with each individual. Blaming all the new signings in the press is patently an idiotic approach, it's unimpressive and most likely counterproductive.

Just like Sherwood then. Basically giving it the big "Nothing to do with me guv". Sorry Micah, it's a team game and you're got at least a 1/11th involvement in our current shit sandwich of a situation.

There's something about Richards that I can't put my finger on, but intuitively don't like and this isn't the first time he's come out with something in this vein.

Regardless of whether what he's saying is true or not, that shit is kept in house, especially when you're captain.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #649 on: November 28, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
Richards and Gabby, both are supposed to be our on the field leaders but there's something about them both that makes me feel they're the most likely culprits of any divisions and cliques in the dressing room.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #650 on: November 28, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
Richards and Gabby, both are supposed to be our on the field leaders but there's something about them both that makes me feel they're the most likely culprits of any divisions and cliques in the dressing room.

personally i think gabby would be a terrible influence behind the scenes, mr billy big bollocks

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #651 on: November 28, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »
I just want Richards to walk the talk. He's been really vocal this season, really pally pally with the media (talking up Delph to Man City for example). Just zip it, he's contributed to this shite Villa find themselves in - as captain he should take more of the blame in my opinion - how dare he be so brazen as to blame the rest of the team?! I'm embarrased for him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #652 on: November 29, 2015, 12:53:22 AM »
To be fair to our man he  gives 110%  a  Saunders type  of player.  What Richards  fails to  recognise though is that collectively we are all in it together. 

I can see why he was made team captain and quite understand people saying he is  not a good fit.

I would make a perfect MP me. ha.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:56 AM »
Today's performance summed him up quite well.

Some driving runs which could have led to goals, a great headed goal and lots of effort and passion. At the same time, having the attention span of a demented springer spaniel that has got the scent of a rabbit when it came to discharging his duties of leading the back line.

« Reply #654 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:50 AM »

Just like Sherwood then. Basically giving it the big "Nothing to do with me guv". Sorry Micah, it's a team game and you're got at least a 1/11th involvement in our current shit sandwich of a situation.

There's something about Richards that I can't put my finger on, but intuitively don't like and this isn't the first time he's come out with something in this vein.

Regardless of whether what he's saying is true or not, that shit is kept in house, especially when you're captain.

Apologies re the name, but what he said is what people think surely. I saw comments that he is a shite centre back and Hutton is a better right back, get a fecking grip. The players are too soft and that is something I would not say Richards is. He is a winner and how many of them have we got? I said to my lad near the end of the first half I would have took Hutton off as he had so much space on the right and brought Okore on and put Richards right back. I heard the interview and have to say I was not impressed, but mostly about the club rather than his comments, which we all agree with.

« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2015, 01:14:44 AM »

Some driving runs which could have led to goals, a great headed goal and lots of effort and passion. At the same time, having the attention span of a demented springer spaniel that has got the scent of a rabbit when it came to discharging his duties of leading the back line.

When you have two full backs like ours, I would be shitting myself constantly. He is trying to lead and yes he has faults, but he is a winner and that is what we need more of

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #656 on: November 29, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »
Whether what he said was right or not isn't the point for me - it's that he should never be denigrating his team and club publically! Regardless of where they are in the league. Do it in the dressing room if you must. Stupid thing to do in my opinion. I was going to say that Villa should manage this sort of thing better but sadly Villa only manage to disappoint these days.

« Reply #657 on: November 29, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »
Whether what he said was right or not isn't the point for me - it's that he should never be denigrating his team and club publically! Regardless of where they are in the league. Do it in the dressing room if you must. Stupid thing to do in my opinion. I was going to say that Villa should manage this sort of thing better but sadly Villa only manage to disappoint these days.

Do you not think he has not already done that? I reckon he will have been very vocal in the dressing room. Dion Dublin came out and said the players should admit it has not been good enough. He did that, I agree with him, players have to show balls/ How many of them do at the moment? He certainly does IMHO?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #658 on: November 29, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »

When you have two full backs like ours, I would be shitting myself constantly. He is trying to lead and yes he has faults, but he is a winner and that is what we need more of

He s a swash buckler. He has to buckle his swash. He likes to see his cutlass flashing in the floodlights.  He likes to go a wandering.

It is all very inspiring, but somebody needs to be at home taking care of bidness. 

« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2015, 01:52:29 AM »

He s a swash buckler. He has to buckle his swash. He likes to see his cutlass flashing in the floodlights.  He likes to go a wandering.

It is all very inspiring, but somebody needs to be at home taking care of bidness. 

I agree he is trying to do too much, but he is our best defender and others need to show similar attitude. I have read the comments he does not want to play for Villa, he has not said that and has not played like that

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal