collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455679 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #555 on: November 22, 2015, 10:32:23 PM »
Richards is big and physical but switches off and doesn't get class see enough in the box way too often. Has done ok at centre back but, given the choice, I'd be looking to sign at least one centre back in January and moving him to right back.

Offline peter w

« Reply #556 on: November 22, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »
Has Vlaar said anything since leaving Villa?

Ouch.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #557 on: November 22, 2015, 10:34:07 PM »
He's not a centre back. Strikers pull off him too easily.

Strikers don't need to, Richards goes AWOL every time the opposition attack. He's like a 7 year old in the playground, chasing the ball where ever it may be. He's never going to be a decent centre half. What was worrying yesterday was Clark seems to have started copying him too though that may have been down to our pathetic first half defensive midfield.

Bring Jores back to replace Richards and if he is no better (that would be really difficult), buy a proper right sided centre half on the 1st of January. We need leadership too so if we can get that into the bargain, so much the better.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #558 on: November 23, 2015, 12:12:51 AM »
There's a reason why his best / most successful days have been as a right back and not a centreback.

The sooner Okore is fit enough to play and shove Richards out to right back we'll be a lot more robust at the back in more ways than one.

(Not so much as a whisper in the Danish media as to how close Okore is to a comeback.)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #559 on: November 23, 2015, 12:19:47 PM »
He'll be fine in his rightful position of right back

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
I think we'll look back at the signing of Richards as a huge mistake unless we push him to right back.

To pander to a player by agreeing to let him play in a certain position and give him the captaincy (No idea if this was also promised, just a guess) is a huge mistake.
Like Stephen Ireland, he's actually only had one good season.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
I think Richards has been a great buy. We'd have lost games by a lot more goals had it not been for him.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:50:11 PM by oswald funkletrumpet »

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #563 on: November 23, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »
I think Richards has been a great buy. We'd have lost games by a lot more goals had it not been for him.

Given he was on a free, I'd agree that he's been excellent value for money :).

Seriously, he's been OK from what I've seen but prone to some expensive bouts of ball watching where he gets caught way out of position, which given he's playing alongside either Clark or Lescott, neither of whom could be described as pacey,is a bit unfortunate as it means he's got to cover his own f¤¤k ups.

I'd feel a lot more confident with him at right back and Okore inside him. Amavi's injury is a real shame.  I think a back four of Richards-Okore- Clark-Amavi would have done alright.  Certainly enough pace to allow us to push 10 yards further up the pitch against most teams.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #564 on: November 23, 2015, 01:52:03 PM »
I thought Amavi was dog shit as a defender and would be much better suited playing as a left sided midfielder with a more traditionally hutton type left back behind him

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #565 on: November 24, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »

If we had actually bought someone half decent that wasn't as poor as him, we might not have lost as many either.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:08:47 AM by Goldie.7 »

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #566 on: November 24, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »

If with had actually bought someone half decent that wasn't as poor as him, we might not have lost as many either.
I agree
 Not convinced.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2015, 06:01:16 AM »
I think Richards is ok, the problem is the weak midfield in front of him. Okore would add more strength, but where is he?? I thought he was fit now after knee surgery....

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #568 on: November 24, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
I think Richards is ok, the problem is the weak midfield in front of him. Okore would add more strength, but where is he?? I thought he was fit now after knee surgery....

Okore needs a long run in the team, he's only started something like 20 odd league games since he signed and one of them was the St Mary's horror show. Is he another injury prone CB? I hope not.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #569 on: November 24, 2015, 07:40:29 AM »

Okore needs a long run in the team, he's only started something like 20 odd league games since he signed and one of them was the St Mary's horror show. Is he another injury prone CB? I hope not.
Well, either "yes" or he has a substance-abuse problem, or some suchlike.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal