collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458461 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #540 on: August 09, 2015, 07:36:33 AM »
Seemed to do really well and it's great to have his physicality and mentality back there

All three Bournemouth chances did come from villa mistakes though (Richards, Clark, and I forget the third). Let's hope we can cut that out

Offline Ryu

« Reply #541 on: August 09, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »
With his power, pace and aggression forwards are not going to get an easy ride against us this season. Throw in Clark who isn't as powerful but these days seems more than willing to cut players in half and we might have quite an intimidating pairing at the back.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #542 on: August 09, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
Fingers crossed both Richards and Clark get a good run together. They looked good yesterday. Our CB pairings chopped and changed too much last season due to injuries.

Online avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2015, 06:43:35 PM »
Seemed to do really well and it's great to have his physicality and mentality back there

All three Bournemouth chances did come from villa mistakes though (Richards, Clark, and I forget the third). Let's hope we can cut that out

I said the same...all 3 chances were from losing the ball when maybe overplaying at the back. Good to see them confident enough to do it though and they played it out well at times...sometimes Row Z will do though. 

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #544 on: August 09, 2015, 09:29:30 PM »
I didn't think they were overplaying? Wasn't it Richards Mis controlling, Clark trying to play offside, Clark needlessly fouling on the half way line?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #545 on: August 09, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »
One thing that did strike me is how easily I can see us switching to 3-5-2 at some points this season and using Amavi and Bacuna as deep wingers more than defensive players as they are both perfect wing backs, while Okore, Richards and Clark are all comfortable enough on the ball to play in a 3 and step out. So is Lescott, should that move happen before the end of the window.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #546 on: November 22, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »
I have been less impressed with Richards of late.  I starting to wonder whether he is the right player to be building the defence around and leading the team.

I am probably wrong but he looks a loner on the pitch and aloof from the situation going on around him.  Is his attitude right?  Has Sherwood going affected him?  Does he have what it takes to play central defence?

I have started to notice mistakes and poor play creeping into his game.  A poster mentioned it in the match thread when Lukaku scored with his header, both players went to ground and whereas the Everton player stepped backwards into space, Richards chased the ball out towards the player on the bye-line, leaving Lukaku completely unmarked.

I am not sure that he works well with Hutton.  There seems to be a lack of communication between them.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #547 on: November 22, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
Man City got rid for reasons other than injuries, they recognised he was not quite up to it

Then again I really think he'd make a better right back

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #548 on: November 22, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »
The Hutton/Richards axis is really poor, the Clark/Richardson is worse. Added to that Richards/Clark has never convinced really, Richards got motm against City but thought he was at fault for the three chances City missed. Behind them Guzan is crap while Lescott isnt a replacement option

In summary, there is a reason we are bottom of the league.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #549 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
He's not a centre back. Strikers pull off him too easily.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #550 on: November 22, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
I have never rated Richards as a centre half and yesterday to make things worse Clark had a terrible game.

Offline peter w

« Reply #551 on: November 22, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »
So, would people re-sign Vlaar on a short-term contract?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #552 on: November 22, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
Richards is a funny one.

He does so many things well in a game, could almost be classed as a leader in some respects (or the nearest thing we currently have to one).  In a good side, having a centre half who can surge up the field as well as he can to join in with the play would be a huge asset.

And yet for many of the goals we have conceded, or even chances ceced to the opposition, he is often directly responsible.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #553 on: November 22, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »
So, would people re-sign Vlaar on a short-term contract?

Yes. I was never a fan of his but compared to Lescott he's like the second coming of Paul McGrath.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #554 on: November 22, 2015, 10:27:22 PM »
Has Vlaar said anything since leaving Villa?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal