collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 459050 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2015, 06:33:11 PM »
His legs are like tree trunks

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »
Sort the right back position out and we have a reasonable defence. I'd like a more commanding centre back next to him but not too many clubs seem to play with big brutes up front, a la Carroll, Benteke etc, so perhaps the more mobile Clark is the right choice? I like the fact that the press like Richards and our London contingent as this keeps us in vogue, getting some good coverage. It's only the Mail and the BBC who don't seem to report favourably.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #527 on: August 08, 2015, 09:48:32 PM »
His legs are like tree trunks

They're like Shaun Teale's ankles.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #528 on: August 08, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »
Sort the right back position out and we have a reasonable defence. I'd like a more commanding centre back next to him but not too many clubs seem to play with big brutes up front, a la Carroll, Benteke etc, so perhaps the more mobile Clark is the right choice? I like the fact that the press like Richards and our London contingent as this keeps us in vogue, getting some good coverage. It's only the Mail and the BBC who don't seem to report favourably.

I don't give a monkeys what the press think about us, when we won the league over Ipswich, the press were creaming over them but we won the league and that is all that matters. What I do think is that Richards and Clark have the makings of an excellent relationship.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #529 on: August 08, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »
First of many MOTM performances today I suspect.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #530 on: August 08, 2015, 10:58:35 PM »
Surprised me to be honest but he looked at home there. Love his runs, strength and vision. I will be interested to see how he does against ManU, he is one player of ours who will have no respect for them , I hope he can spread that through the rest of the team.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »
We see so often that it takes years for a central defender to learn the job and mature. His time in Italy would have been a great education for him too. He already had the physical attributes. Now he's got the potential to become very good there. With Clark maturing too, they could be a good partnership for a good few years.

« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2015, 11:03:41 PM »
Surprised me to be honest but he looked at home there. Love his runs, strength and vision. I will be interested to see how he does against ManU, he is one player of ours who will have no respect for them , I hope he can spread that through the rest of the team.

He seems to be a positive person from a few conversations heard and reckon he will be a massive asset

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #533 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:18 AM »
After the last few years of shite, it would be great if we could have a constant pairing for the whole season.
Hoping Micah and Clark have an injury free season.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #534 on: August 09, 2015, 01:36:56 AM »

He seems to be a positive person from a few conversations heard and reckon he will be a massive asset

Yeah going by his interviews he really seems very positive. Good to see.

« Reply #535 on: August 09, 2015, 01:42:48 AM »
He seemed to be in charge today, He is a defender who is a top scoop

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #536 on: August 09, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »
The thing for Richards is that at 27 if he performs every week there are very, very few better defenders out there. What he needs to do though is make sure he does not put in a mistake a game that costs us a goal, which he very nearly did in the first half today. Overall though the 2 of them looked to have a lot of potential, but we need back up for them.

« Reply #537 on: August 09, 2015, 01:53:44 AM »
Ozzyjim, he made one error as you have quite rightly pointed out. Clark made a massive error as well and Guzan sorted that, I have to say Richards v Vlaar is no question to me

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2015, 03:47:04 AM »
Apart from his defending which was solid, I did like his willingness to surge forward with the ball to get out of pressure whenever the attacker overcommitted - and of course, he has the burst of pace in him necessary to do that successfully. Okore can sort of do it but our other CBs are a bit sluggish for that, which makes playing it out of the back a little more difficult.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »
I loved his reaction to the Villa goal today, he loves us me thinks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal