collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455802 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »
Now come on. We've managed to keep hold of N'Zogbia. What more do you want?

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2015, 05:02:57 PM »
I love his attitude and that's going to be very important to the players around him. He's a very good player that needs to be reminded of that. Sherwood will encourage him to not only be a leader but be again the player he was becoming when got into the England set up. And the England defence isn't one he should be afraid of because a good season and e can certainly get into that Euro 2016 squad.
Perhaps best for Villa if non if our players get picked for England as it seems they soon get unsettled and become ex Villa players.

I thought it was interesting (and depressing) that Hodgson said Delph's place in the England setup won't be in jeopardy even if he's not playing regularly at City. You just  can't imagine it being the same if the club was Villa  - or a number of others.

Offline villabear

« Reply #497 on: August 05, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Don't know if it's been reported but on Twitter saying he's been named captain.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »
Don't know if it's been reported but on Twitter saying he's been named captain.
Yes on the OS now with Gabby as club captain.

Offline Ryu

« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »
I think Clark maybe deserved a good shot but I suppose he has a good attitude and is experienced. 

Good luck to him and hopefully he does us proud as a commanding CB and leader.

Edit:  Does Gabby being club captain suggest that Sherwood doesn't expect him to be a regular starter, or just that he sees him as good in the dressing room but not the best leader on the pitch?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:45:55 AM by Ryu »

Offline villabear

« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:45 AM »
I think Clark maybe deserved a good shot but I suppose he has a good attitude and is experienced. 

Edit:  Does Gabby being club captain suggest that Sherwood doesn't expect him to be a regular starter, or just that he sees him as good in the dressing room but not the best leader on the pitch?
I've never understood 'club captain'. What's the point, is it just to appease someone who isn't going to be playing a lot as Ryu asked?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2015, 11:12:38 AM »

I've never understood 'club captain'. What's the point, is it just to appease someone who isn't going to be playing a lot as Ryu asked?

Nor me.

I imagine it is like being Bert Cooper in Mad Men.

Offline villabear

« Reply #502 on: August 05, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »

Nor me.

Bow tie and hardly ever wore shoes indoors. Not as bad as Pete Campbell though, creepy bastard.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #503 on: August 05, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »

I guess it's a ceremonial/symbolic role for someone who resonates with the common fan, in terms of having a close bond with the club. Probably of value to people out there who do place a value on that, and see it as something weird along the lines of the club having its heart in the right place or something.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #504 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »

Even team captain - it's not like cricket where the whole strategy for the game is in your hands.

Apart from walking out in front of everyone else and calling the toss of a coin at the start, what else do they do? If they're a good motivator or a good leader then they'll be doing that regardless of whether they have a bit of elastic round their arm.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #505 on: August 05, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »
I guess it's a ceremonial/symbolic role for someone who resonates with the common fan, in terms of having a close bond with the club.

Like Doug being President Emeritus

*gets coat*

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #506 on: August 05, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »

Even team captain - it's not like cricket where the whole strategy for the game is in your hands.

Apart from walking out in front of everyone else and calling the toss of a coin at the start, what else do they do? If they're a good motivator or a good leader then they'll be doing that regardless of whether they have a bit of elastic round their arm.

I love Dennis Mortimer's quote, "In that team the captain had to toss the coin and pick up the trophies."

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #507 on: August 05, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »

Nor me.

Captain Emeritus.

I am of course devoting the rest of the day to imagining the characters from Mad Men as players/managers. Alex McLeish would be the secretary who runs over the English ad exec's foot with a lawn mower. Not sure who would be the guy who cut off his nipple and presented it to Peggy.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #508 on: August 05, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »

Nor me.

Captain Emeritus.

I am of course devoting the rest of the day to imagining the characters from Mad Men as players/managers. Alex McLeish would be the secretary who runs over the English ad exec's foot with a lawn mower. Not sure who would be the guy who cut off his nipple and presented it to Peggy.

Chris Herd?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #509 on: August 05, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
Don't know about Chris Herd, but the guy getting run over by a lawnmower is definitely Nathan Baker.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal