collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455669 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
Delph is a grown up. He made this decision. Don't blame Richards.
We're not , just saying to stop running his mouth off inadvertently to the media about promoting a Delph move to ci£y.

He was asked the question and he answered it. It's not as if he rang up Sky personally.
No comment was all he had to say.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
We're not , just saying to stop running his mouth off inadvertently to the media about promoting a Delph move to ci£y.

He was asked the question and he answered it. It's not as if he rang up Sky personally.

Possibly but he'd already spoken to Delph anyway so what was the point? Man Utd or Chelsea might have come in and he still would have gone so to say Richards played a part in him moving is nonsense.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »
No but it's more about how the club is being fucking run. New players coming in and talking to the press about our captain leaving etc.
Another symptom of a very poorly run show.

Offline Summers

« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »

He spent 10 years there, making close to 300 appearances. He has every right to say positive things about the club.

I fucking hate City, but it's perfectly reasonable and acceptable that Micah has good things to say.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
Show me another decent sized Club where that is allowed to happen. It'd never happen at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA', Spurzz or even the Barcodes for instance.

They wouldn't stand for it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »
Utter drivel. It's pathetic of Delph to cause trouble for a new signing, just to attempt to justify his treacherous lickspittlery. I'm assuming he probably asked Sinclair his opinion too. Funny he hasn't leaked his responses to the media.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »

He spent 10 years there, making close to 300 appearances. He has every right to say positive things about the club.

I fucking hate City, but it's perfectly reasonable and acceptable that Micah has good things to say.

And the City fans love him if that leaving thread on blue moon was anything to go by

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »
Show me another decent sized Club where that is allowed to happen. It'd never happen at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA', Spurzz or even the Barcodes for instance.

They don't allow players to talk in the dressing room?

Offline Summers

« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »

Load of shit. Players talk. They're all mates, we have a couple of ex City players and Delph was in two minds. He was always going to seek their opinions. And because they're mates, they're hardly going to lie to him.

Offline Ivo Stas

« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
This is the way Sky Sports are reporting it:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9916884/fabien-delph-has-revealed-micah-richards-helped-change-his-mind-over-manchester-city

Fabien Delph has revealed Micah Richards helped change his mind over Manchester City

Fabian Delph says Micah Richards played a key role in his City U-turn

Fabian Delph has revealed that conversations with former Manchester City defender Micah Richards influenced him to change his mind about moving to the club.

Delph signed a five-year contract with City on Friday, less than a week after rejecting the transfer and committing his future to Aston Villa through a strongly-worded statement.

It has now emerged that new Villa signing Richards, who had denied persuading Delph to snub City earlier this week, was influential in the U-turn.

“Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here," Delph said in an interview on City’s official website.

City triggered the £8m release clause in Delph’s Villa contract last week, but the midfielder released a statement in which he insisted: “I'm not leaving.

"I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the Premier League season."

Richards then took to social media to deny suggestions he had encouraged Delph to stay at the Midlands club, saying on Twitter: "If people actually think I had an influence on Delph not going to City you’re wrong! And I have nothing but great things to say about City!"

I don't have the greatest respect for Sky Sports journalism but if I was Micah Richards, I'd want to rebut this quickly and publicly. So far he seems to care more about staying in City fans' good graces than he does about playing in the strongest possible Villa team.

Offline OzVilla

« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2015, 11:54:47 AM »

Of course but ultimately he left to further hs career as he'd been frozen out at Citeh as if you don't achieve instant success you're consigned to the stiffs never to be heard of again.

There are countless examples and Richards is one. How about he said something like;

"It's  a fuckin great club Fib, it really is, great support but the downside is you probably won't play every week, the Manager will be out by Christmas if things don't start well and I've had to move here to get any sort of game time just like Scott has."

Maybe he did we'll never know but it doesn't sit right with me.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2015, 11:54:53 AM »
Jesus Micah, just shut the fuck up already.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2015, 11:56:00 AM »
This is the way Sky Sports are reporting it:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9916884/fabien-delph-has-revealed-micah-richards-helped-change-his-mind-over-manchester-city

Fabien Delph has revealed Micah Richards helped change his mind over Manchester City

Fabian Delph says Micah Richards played a key role in his City U-turn

Fabian Delph has revealed that conversations with former Manchester City defender Micah Richards influenced him to change his mind about moving to the club.

Delph signed a five-year contract with City on Friday, less than a week after rejecting the transfer and committing his future to Aston Villa through a strongly-worded statement.

It has now emerged that new Villa signing Richards, who had denied persuading Delph to snub City earlier this week, was influential in the U-turn.

“Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here," Delph said in an interview on City’s official website.

City triggered the £8m release clause in Delph’s Villa contract last week, but the midfielder released a statement in which he insisted: “I'm not leaving.

"I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the Premier League season."

Richards then took to social media to deny suggestions he had encouraged Delph to stay at the Midlands club, saying on Twitter: "If people actually think I had an influence on Delph not going to City you’re wrong! And I have nothing but great things to say about City!"

I don't have the greatest respect for Sky Sports journalism but if I was Micah Richards, I'd want to rebut this quickly and publicly. So far he seems to care more about staying in City fan's good graces than he does about playing in the strongest possible Villa team.

What utter nonsense. Like someone said earlier, he was asked about a club he played over 300 games for. What was he expected to say?

How about giving the bloke who pledged his loyalty twice and still pissed off some stick instead of trying to find a scapegoat?

Offline OzVilla

« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »

They don't allow players to talk in the dressing room?

Of course you can't stop players saying what they like  to each other but it shows a disrespect to the club you play for and pays your wages when it's made public and you comment on it.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
This is what he said, taken from an article in the Daily Mail.

I told him I can’t comment to be honest.
‘I don’t want to say, 'Go there' and then he doesn’t play him.
‘He’ll be ringing me up afterwards.
‘It’s tough isn’t it. Every player wants to play at the highest level.
‘But if he’s going there to be a squad player, then no!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal