collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455784 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
Seems to like interacting with the sporting press doesn't he. Lets hope he can keep quiet when he needs to!

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »
Seems to like interacting with the sporting press doesn't he. Lets hope he can keep quiet when he needs to!
Does he?

Aren't the press just all reporting the same quotes from his club-organised press conference?

Offline Ivo Stas

« Reply #377 on: July 18, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »
Sky Sports News - 4 days ago:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9911682/micah-richards-i-did-not-tell-delph-to-reject-city

New Aston Villa signing Micah Richards has denied he persuaded Fabian Delph to snub Manchester City and stay at the Midlands club.

Richards admitted last week that Delph had asked him about life at Manchester City, where the defender spent the first 10 years of his career.

Richards said of Delph's proposed move: "It's tough isn't it? If he's got guarantees to play... he's been unbelievable for Aston Villa. Every player wants to play at the highest level. If he's going to be playing Champions League... I don't know, but if he's going there to be a squad player, then no.”

But after Delph’s apparent U-turn on Saturday, Richards has denied playing any part in the England midfielder’s decision.

Richards said on Twitter: "If people actually think I had an influence on Delph not going to City you’re wrong! And I have nothing but great things to say about City!"

BBC News - yesterday:

Fabian Delph: Manchester City sign Aston Villa captain for £8m

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph has signed a five-year contract at Manchester City less than a week after saying he was staying at Villa Park.

On Friday, he said he had spoken to his England team-mate and City goalkeeper Joe Hart - as well as Villa's new signing from City Micah Richards - before signing.

"Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here," added Delph.

Anybody else uneasy about Micah Richards role in Delph's departure..? Remember how O'Neill felt about Patrick Berger in a similar situation..?

Offline frank black

« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
I just don't like Footballers, but love the game.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »
No one with a brain in their head is uneasy about it no ;) This is a none story, lets move on, next?

Offline Ivo Stas

« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
If I openly encouraged one of our leading performers to join a direct competitor, my employer would see that as gross misconduct. Just saying...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
I think people should get the heads out of their arses, suck it up and move on.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
If I openly encouraged one of our leading performers to join a direct competitor, my employer would see that as gross misconduct. Just saying...

What rubbish. He was asked his opinion about a club he'd been with since he was a boy and he was always going to say good things about it. Blaming Richards for Delph moving is ridiculous.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »
If he did encourage Delph to leave that doesn't demonstrate a *huge* level of commitment to his new club and its fortunes, it has to be said. It's not like Delph would have been persuaded by his advice, however - I don't think you make a decision like that because your new team-mate you've barely met says so.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »

I doubt you'd be quizzed about your colleagues rumoured move in front of the national media.

Offline Ivo Stas

« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2015, 11:03:36 AM »
What rubbish. He was asked his opinion about a club he'd been with since he was a boy and he was always going to say good things about it. Blaming Richards for Delph moving is ridiculous.

Richards was quick to get on Twitter four days ago to tell everyone not to blame him for Delph's original decision to stay and captain Villa.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »

Yes but Delph should have had the good grace to keep his big mouth shut. I bet Richards thinks that as well.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2015, 11:07:31 AM »
I think people are looking for scape goats and delph by stating that is looking for distraction.  The lad was at City from an early age of course he loved the club, like Grealish / Gabby etc would say about villa.
Give the lad a break and see how he performs in C&B.

There should be blame to only 1 person in this saga.  The club did what they can to keep him, but agents have power in negotiating deals, particularly in a failing club.  I just want to move on, forget the little fuker.  (ps anyone know how to remove name from a kids top!) 

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »

Richards was quick to get on Twitter four days ago to tell everyone not to blame him for Delph's original decision to stay and captain Villa.

You're being ridiculous. What if for the sake of argument Wilfred Bony asked Delph what kind of club Villa was if he was thinking of coming here?

Offline Ivo Stas

« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
You're being ridiculous. What if for the sake of argument Wilfred Bony asked Delph what kind of club Villa was if he was thinking of coming here?

Martin O'Neill might not agree with you:

Patrik Berger's career at Aston Villa was terminated yesterday for urging Gareth Barry to take up the "opportunity of a lifetime" and move to Liverpool this summer.

"We are paying Patrik's wages for him to recommend one of our players to another football club. It's ludicrous," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2299710/Villa-dump-Patrik-Berger-over-Barry-advice.html

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal