collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455826 times)

Offline nigel

Re: Micah Richards
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
Anyone remember Tosh Lines from The Bill?

Lived in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.

Bumped into him there once, and all I managed was 'Alright, mate' 

Offline Damo70

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:40:28 AM by Damo70 »

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »
Kip

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
I have no problem with this signing and should improve us but let's not hype him up too much. I have seen no evidence of leadership or winner mentality from him. He may have "won" a medal as being part of a very very talented squad but he was quite happy to sit on his arse (apart from loan spell with Fiorentina)  and see out his his lucrative contract with city and that's not leadership.

I am pretty much in agreement with Aftab. Richards may see this as a chance to be a key player instead of a benchie, delivering on that potential we saw 8-9 years ago. He could also turn out to be the next David Bentley.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
Our new McGrath ?

I'd say he's more like McGrath, Laursen, James Cowan and Frank Barson rolled into one.

But I agree with olaftab, let's not hype him up too much.

Same here. He is strong and quick but to my mind has never looked particularly comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »
I have no problem with this signing and should improve us but let's not hype him up too much. I have seen no evidence of leadership or winner mentality from him. He may have "won" a medal as being part of a very very talented squad but he was quite happy to sit on his arse (apart from loan spell with Fiorentina)  and see out his his lucrative contract with city and that's not leadership.

I am pretty much in agreement with Aftab. Richards may see this as a chance to be a key player instead of a benchie, delivering on that potential we saw 8-9 years ago. He could also turn out to be the next David Bentley.

You mean Kieron Dyer not Bentley

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
Our new McGrath ?

You mean ugo ehiogouo not God

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

No, I mean Bentley. A player of talent who made over 100 appearances by his early 20s but who then just petered out.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2015, 12:56:01 PM »

No, I mean Bentley. A player of talent who made over 100 appearances by his early 20s but who then just petered out.

yes , that's what I knew you meant. he went to spurs with all the hype and er nothing, remember that well

Online Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2015, 01:18:34 PM »
He's a step in the right direction and, as a sign of intent is a solid early buy. I think he'll strengthen us at the back and could be a good long term acquisition.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
If he shows the same attitude and application as Scott Sinclair then we will be making a good signing. Sometimes players just need to get to a point of maturity where they realize what they have is a pretty good deal and want to make the most of what is left. Playing careers aren't forever and players who want to make the most of it understand it at different points along the way or they never get it and waste it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:12:27 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:47 PM »

Kieron Dyer played similar role that of right back for England. He had injuries like Richards had. He made his England debut at young age like richards

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
If he shows the same attitude and application as Scott Sinclair then we will be making a good signing. Sometimes players just need to get to a point of maturity where they realize what they have is a pretty good deal and want to make the most of what is left. Playing careers aren't forever and players who want to make the most of it either never get it or understand it at different points along the way.

This

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
Sorry if old

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/12/micah-richards-aston-villa-medical-manchester-city

Quality player good age. Was instrumental in winning the league. Picked us over other clubs and we seem to be paying premier league wages.

I am genuinely delighted.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Sorry if old

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/12/micah-richards-aston-villa-medical-manchester-city

Quality player good age. Was instrumental in winning the league. Picked us over other clubs and we seem to be paying premier league wages.

I am genuinely delighted.

Agreed. Except for the sorry if old bit  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal