collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458390 times)

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
Re: Micah Richards
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
I'm positive about a lot of things, but giving someone like Richards 65k a week feels like a throwback to the MON years, or even the N'Zogbia/Given deals. Of course I'm happy we seem to be prepared to pay big wages again, I'd just prefer it if we offered that sort of money to players who don't spend most of the time on the treatment table.

It's no different to paying say £4m and giving him 35K a week. Would you view the deal differently if that was the break down of his contract?

My issue is with paying that sort of money to someone with the recent history Richards has, so yeah, I'd still be disappointed if it was 4m/35kpw.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »
£65k a week would be an awful lot for Micah Richards, have to say. He's worth a shot, as a signing, and gives us a little more speed in defence. However, he didn't exactly cause a storm at Fiorentina, so premium wages would hardly make much business sense to me.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
I think Richards would be a superb signing. Can play right back, centre back or defensive midfield and would be better than anything we have in all those positions. Heard him on the radio the other week and seems hungry to impress and level headed. Cant believe any Villa fan would not want a player of his calibre. Cant believe he has come without knowing of the plans we have moving forward

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »
Is there anything you couldn't see the black side of?
Bad side not black side.

Offline KRS

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »
Fantastic signing...has the potential to be an awesome move and player for us. I've wanted us to sign Richards for a few seasons since he was frozen out at Cit£h so a very big welcome to Villa from me.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »
£65k a week would be an awful lot for Micah Richards, have to say. He's worth a shot, as a signing, and gives us a little more speed in defence. However, he didn't exactly cause a storm at Fiorentina, so premium wages would hardly make much business sense to me.
Yes silly money but there is no reasonable scale in football when it comes to players wages.

Offline KRS

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2015, 10:00:06 PM »
I'm afraid if we don't start making £50k/week a standard wage then we'll be looking at lower level players and relegation...thats the way the game is going (gone).

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »
Quite right KRS, it is obscene but it is the way football is now. We cant have it both ways. Do we want to be struggling every year and moaning about buying lower league players or actually showing a bit of intent.

Online Monty

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »
Obviously we need to pay more, I'm just more concerned about whether or not this player is worth that. Anyway, I'd be surprised if he turned into Martin Laursen for us, but I'd be more surprised if he turned into Habib Beye - in other words, maybe not our greatest ever signing, but he's good enough for us.

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »
Monty, he is more than good enough for us, he is a superb player and we will be lucky to get him

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »
If this happens I'll be happy, this surely is a sign that we will be paying premier league wages again. Add to that he's better than what we've got, if we can get him playing week in week out we've made a cracking signing. A few more of these and we can start looking upwards.

Online Monty

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2015, 10:13:43 PM »
I don't know how much of him you've been watching, but it's a good thing he's quick because he doesn't appear to have actually learned anything about positioning during his 8 years as a professional defender, either at right-back or centre-back. But that's fine - if he had as good positioning as Clark he'd be in the top four, because his physical attributes are something else. I wouldn't set myself up for a letdown on him, but at our level we have to compromise and he definitely gives us things we don't have.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »
Monty, he is more than good enough for us, he is a superb player and we will be lucky to get him

Agreed.  He'll be such an improvement on Lowton and Bacuna.

That's all based on the player of 4 or 5 years ago though. I doubt any of us have much clue if he's still that good or not after the last 3 years he's had.

I'd rather sign him than not sign him though I will add.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »
It's one of those that are probably worth the gamble isn't it. He's good in the air, physical and quick. All 3 attributes we've been lacking.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »
Pleasing to see that he played 17 games in Italy, so he got something of a run together out there. Says a lot about his attitude that he was willing to real out of his comfort zone when so few English players will.

We all know he is a monster and also quick too. I think he is a lot better than what we have and if the wages we are paying suggest anything, it's that we've realise that we're a Premier League side again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal