collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455863 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Micah Richards
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »
65k a week? :o
On a free, so bigger personal package

Still, that's way too much for a player like him. Is MON back in charge of our transfer policy?

Is there anything you couldn't see the black side of?

Why do you care? Not everyone has to be positive all the time.

If Richards stays fit, he'll be a good signing, but Man City would've kept him for their homegrown quota, so does that suggest there's something bigger?

He's out of contract and he wanted to move on and play on a more regular basis. He probably wouldn't have stayed at Man City anyway.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
He's a potentially excellent player. Let's hope we can unlock that potential.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 09:26:27 PM »
Forgive me for not keeping up to date with events but when I was on here last night we were about to be bought and therefore nobody was  allowed in or out. But today we are signing Micah Richards. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

As for Micah Richards I think he is a skillful and nippy defender and I think he is a welcome addition.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 09:28:31 PM »

Still, that's way too much for a player like him. Is MON back in charge of our transfer policy?

If Richards stays fit, he'll be a good signing, but Man City would've kept him for their homegrown quota, so does that suggest there's something bigger? My main worry is that we'll give him a 3/4/5 year deal on 65k a week and end up getting about 10 appearances in return.

Being positive once a decade would be a start. We seem to be about to sign a top quality player, on top wages. Above anything else it's a sign that the days of austerity may be over and we're going to start paying the going rate again. And you're moaning that we're paying it.

I'm positive about a lot of things, but giving someone like Richards 65k a week feels like a throwback to the MON years, or even the N'Zogbia/Given deals. Of course I'm happy we seem to be prepared to pay big wages again, I'd just prefer it if we offered that sort of money to players who don't spend most of the time on the treatment table.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 09:29:50 PM »
He hasn't spent any time on the treatment table at Villa yet. So how about give him a chance.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
Forgive me for not keeping up to date with events but when I was on here last night we were about to be bought and therefore nobody was  allowed in or out. But today we are signing Micah Richards. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

As for Micah Richards I think he is a skillful and nippy defender and I think he is a welcome addition.

Can't believe you missed the news! I reckon it will be Messi next! Although Bosko will complain that it wasn't Ronaldo!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:36:08 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »
I'm positive about a lot of things, but giving someone like Richards 65k a week feels like a throwback to the MON years, or even the N'Zogbia/Given deals. Of course I'm happy we seem to be prepared to pay big wages again, I'd just prefer it if we offered that sort of money to players who don't spend most of the time on the treatment table.

It's no different to paying say £4m and giving him 35K a week. Would you view the deal differently if that was the break down of his contract?

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »

Can't believe you missed the news! I reckon it will be Messi next! Although Bosko will complain that it wasn't Ronalado!  ;D

I am behind the times, I haven't even heard of Ronalado. Is he any good?

Online Clampy

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

If Richards stays fit, he'll be a good signing, but Man City would've kept him for their homegrown quota, so does that suggest there's something bigger? My main worry is that we'll give him a 3/4/5 year deal on 65k a week and end up getting about 10 appearances in return.

Being positive once a decade would be a start. We seem to be about to sign a top quality player, on top wages. Above anything else it's a sign that the days of austerity may be over and we're going to start paying the going rate again. And you're moaning that we're paying it.

I'm positive about a lot of things,

My internet must have been down that morning.

Offline adam#1

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:05 PM »
If the wages are true, then we couldn't really have wanted Cleverly who's apparently on 50k a week from everton.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
That's what happens when you type and eat pizza at the same time!

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 09:37:24 PM »
He hasn't spent any time on the treatment table at Villa yet. So how about give him a chance.

3 pages for the first call to give him a chance.

You do realise I have to, right? I'm a Villa fan, of course I'll support the players when they put on our colours. Doesn't mean I can't/won't voice my disapproval with the signing!

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 09:39:14 PM »
Could be a good signing. Not too bothered on a free.

Will gave Gabby a run for his money in the muscular stakes.

Online Clampy

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 09:39:34 PM »

3 pages for the first call to give him a chance.

You do realise I have to, right? I'm a Villa fan, of course I'll support the players when they put on our colours. Doesn't mean I can't/won't voice my disapproval with the signing!

So you don't like the signing because we're apparently paying him £65k a week?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »
I like how it says that sherwood intervened "son you don't want to go to Sunderland it's a shit hole, I'll pay you less and you'll rip my hand off"

I hope it happens he's only 26, he seems to have been around forever

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal