collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:14:52 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:14:04 AM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:12:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 12:11:48 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by colin69
[Today at 12:11:42 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 12:09:05 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 459926 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2820 on: October 02, 2021, 11:12:07 AM »
Maybe he's telling the truth.

Just putting it out there.
Yeh, but if I was having to chose between someone who is an honest lad who just got unlucky with injuries and toiled and strained to get a game, or a TV pundit who wants to indulge in constructive revisionism to protect his image in the media spotlight

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2821 on: October 02, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »

He was never ostracised from the club by Bruce or Smith, so he can't have been the complete ****** he's made out be, and I've always felt that the fact we signed a player that was clearly fucked said more about the idiots in charge at the time than the player himself.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2822 on: October 02, 2021, 12:17:14 PM »

He was never ostracised from the club by Bruce or Smith, so he can't have been the complete ****** he's made out be, and I've always felt that the fact we signed a player that was clearly fucked said more about the idiots in charge at the time than the player himself.

Exactly. He always comes across well to me, and I find the vitriol towards him slightly unhinged.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2823 on: October 02, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »

Exactly. He always comes across well to me, and I find the vitriol towards him slightly unhinged.

He followed a long line of players who really did take the piss, which really didn’t help his cause and maybe wrongly goes against him. The biggest mistake was like Lee has said, was signing him in the first place.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #2824 on: October 02, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »

Yeh, but if I was having to chose between someone who is an honest lad who just got unlucky with injuries and toiled and strained to get a game, or a TV pundit who wants to indulge in constructive revisionism to protect his image in the media spotlight

Guess it depends if you want to believe Micah Richards or Keith Wyness I guess

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2825 on: October 02, 2021, 02:45:12 PM »

A tad over-reactionary and unneccessary to posters having a different opinion to you on a football forum where posters have different opinions on a whole host of issues.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2826 on: October 02, 2021, 02:52:29 PM »
I don't really want to open a Daily Heil link nor read any more b****x from another disaffected ex-player.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #2827 on: October 02, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »
I really don’t get why he’s a ‘sad prick.’

We bought an injury prone player and surprise surprise he was injured - a lot.

As far as I can tell, he was a promising young player who couldn’t live up to his potential due to injury. Seems like a nice chap.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #2828 on: October 02, 2021, 03:20:20 PM »
I really don’t get why he’s a ‘sad prick.’

We bought an injury prone player and surprise surprise he was injured - a lot.

As far as I can tell, he was a promising young player who couldn’t live up to his potential due to injury. Seems like a nice chap.

Agreed. I've made my peace with him. Seems an ok bloke. He was unfit through no fault of his own, whereas Agbonlahor brought it on himself by being unprofessional. The idea that he wasn't trying to be fit and just taking the money makes little sense really.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2829 on: October 02, 2021, 03:27:02 PM »
I hold no major grudge against Richards the main fault lies with those who purchased him (Sherwood, Fox, etc etc) but and the key point here for me is he was part of disruptive element at the club whether he likes it or not under Garde. I’d be more inclined to be supportive of his time at the club if he showed any element of remorse for his part in the relegation but all he continually does it bleat about how misunderstood he is and shows no contrition for his actions. And as for saying it was a mistake To get rid of Sherwood, is he fucking serious?!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2830 on: October 02, 2021, 03:41:32 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the player (for us).  Or the pundit he has become.

But don't see a whole pile wrong with that interview. 

Aye, he says the club were wrong to get rid of Sherwood (I must have slipped into a parallel universe when this good football was played, mind).  But you'd expect that from one of Sherwood's men.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2831 on: October 02, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »
just putting it out there that when we was relegated he was breaking his neck for that West Ham move.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #2832 on: October 02, 2021, 03:54:40 PM »
I hold no major grudge against Richards the main fault lies with those who purchased him (Sherwood, Fox, etc etc) but and the key point here for me is he was part of disruptive element at the club whether he likes it or not under Garde. I’d be more inclined to be supportive of his time at the club if he showed any element of remorse for his part in the relegation but all he continually does it bleat about how misunderstood he is and shows no contrition for his actions. And as for saying it was a mistake To get rid of Sherwood, is he fucking serious?!

So I disagree with Micah on whether Sherwood was a good manager. But that’s not a big deal. And I don’t think Garde was the right guy for the job.

Which particular disruptive actions are you referring to?

Online colin69

« Reply #2833 on: October 02, 2021, 05:32:46 PM »
My heart bleeds…. Shit player, shit pundit.

Offline danno

« Reply #2834 on: October 02, 2021, 05:37:06 PM »
The guy was on loan at Fiorentina moaning about being a scapegoat, joins us and by the end of a November is sitting down with the Torygraph to criticise his team mates for not running enough.

I don't care how much he was paid, I considered every game he missed as good news for us because I thought he was an absolute liability.

I think he's deluded to think he could emulate Ledley King and play once a week in central defence to premier league standard.

We did him a favour, because people rightly remember him as a powerful athletic full back. Had he got his move to West Ham people would remember him as an injury prone out of shape Titus Bramble.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal