collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa under-10's vs Arsenal -FA Cup Final Post-Match Thread  (Read 67752 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Aston Villa under-10's vs Arsenal -FA Cup Final Post-Match Thread
« Reply #780 on: June 02, 2015, 02:54:58 PM »
If it was him you've only yourself to blame Percy. Every event he goes to he organises a stander and a sitter section, I'm hoping there is going to be some kind of public ritual humiliation of him, I shall insist on stander section as I wouldn't want to miss a single moment.

Only time I've ever forced somebody to sit was a couple of youths at Sheff Wednesday a few years ago when my girlfriend was pregnant, having asked if they could sit down nicely and them ignore me I grabbed one of them by the shoulders and plonked him down in his seat. He even asked why I did it!

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #781 on: June 02, 2015, 03:10:45 PM »
Was anyone in 135?

Was the blood outside anything to do with the group of blokes who chased after that one geezer on about 75 minutes.

Also, to the two guys about half way back who stood throughout blocking the view of the elderly couple behind you, responded with "It's Wembley, FA Cup" when repeatedly asked to sit, smoked in the bogs at half time and then jumped the ticket barrier at Wembley Park.

You should be seriously ashamed of yourselves. Is that worth reporting to the club?

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #783 on: June 02, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
Was anyone in 135?

Was the blood outside anything to do with the group of blokes who chased after that one geezer on about 75 minutes.

Also, to the two guys about half way back who stood throughout blocking the view of the elderly couple behind you, responded with "It's Wembley, FA Cup" when repeatedly asked to sit, smoked in the bogs at half time and then jumped the ticket barrier at Wembley Park.

You should be seriously ashamed of yourselves. Is that worth reporting to the club?

What do they mean by that anyway ??

It was similar to the guys who wouldnt sit down having a go at the family behind them saying 'its the cup final !' showing how passionate they are  !

and then leaving on 65 minutes    >:(

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32967488

We should have done this

Would've come away empty handed at our local rivals.

Offline conman

« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »
i dont like standing up or sitting on my seat
most the time i like to leave the seat up and sit on the one inch front edge of the seat that is pointing upwards
being tall i can still see whats happening on the pitch even if people in front of me are standing up
not only that
i am not blocking the view of the people sitting directly behind me

Offline conman

« Reply #786 on: June 02, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »

We should have done this

would we though
its not long ago since they beat arsenal in a wembley cup final

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #787 on: June 02, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »

We should have done this

would we though

Yes, I wish we'd won two league cups and two cups you have to get relegated to qualify for in our entire history.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #788 on: June 02, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »
Was anyone in 135?

It was similar to the guys who wouldnt sit down having a go at the family behind them saying 'its the cup final !' showing how passionate they are  !

I don't know. But that's what they were saying. I got the impression they were father and son.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #789 on: June 02, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »
Was anyone in 135?

I don't know. But that's what they were saying. I got the impression they were father and son.

How can I try to explain? When I do he turns away again. It's always been the same, same old story.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #790 on: June 02, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
Just logged on here for the first time since before the game, all of the unread posts started off with the hopeful, optimistic and downright cocksure that we were going to win this.  Now, I'm gutted all over again.

I guess the summary is: Arsenal decided to turn up, most of ours either didn't turn up or weren't good enough to compete, and 4-0 is what you get.

Could Sherwood (no longer "Tim" now that his honeymoon is over) have set up differently?  Parked the bus?  Started with Guzan and without N'Zogbia?  Perhaps, but I'm not sure the result would have been much different.

Anyway, here's to winning it in 2016.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #791 on: June 02, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »

We should have done this

would we though

Oh come on, things aren't so bad that we don't feel like having a pop at the tin pot local outfits that take delight in our failings.

Is it just me or is everyones FB timeline full of either lapsed fans of local teams or assorted red glory hunters. The match goers seem to be waiting to see me in person. The lapsed ones seem to enjoy it more, the cod-shrink in me thinks its that they are embarrassed of being so weak willed that they have given up on their own teams and want their betters to ratify their lack of back bone by magnifying our defeats and pushing a few over the edge into 'everything is shit' territory.

One kid, a lovely bloke as it happens, was having a pop about our fans leaving early with the usual KRO stuff, I know for a fact he hasn't set foot in the Sty since the 90s.

Or I might not have given it enough thought, one of the two.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #792 on: June 03, 2015, 12:18:16 AM »
Was anyone in 135?

How can I try to explain? When I do he turns away again. It's always been the same, same old story.

*hooray*

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #793 on: June 03, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »
I haven't posted since before the game and was gutted after it. Luckily I get quite an easy ride over here as people are either not that bothered, or have been very sympathetic. Haven't seen or spoken to any Ar%e fans either luckily.

Offline cfetters

• Dawgman.com
« Reply #794 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
I was in Block 135, row 7. Don't remember seeing any blood outside.

-C.

Was anyone in 135?

Was anyone in 135?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal