collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

FFP by Goldenballs
[Today at 03:44:29 PM]

Champions League Contention by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:44:01 PM]

Robin Olsen by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:41:03 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

Re: FFP by Goldenballs
[Today at 03:44:29 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:44:21 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:44:01 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:41:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Watt on Talk Shite  (Read 28595 times)

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Tom Watt on Talk Shite
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »
Great footage of some great Villa days.
It was around this time my Villa mate and I used to go to The Belfry on Saturday nights and usually bumped into a few of the players...remember going into the gents once and Carrodus and Leighton Phillips were in there.
Had a very friendly chat with them and couldn't get the smile off my face for days because I'd had a piss next to two of my heroes!

We were great to watch then.
On the pitch I mean, not having a piss.
;-)

Yes I remember doing the belfry around that time, seeing all the Villa boys especially on a Monday members night...right through to the early 8o's...good memories!

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »
Swashbuckling was the word for that 76/7 team. Looking at those highlights, amazing to see us 3-2 up against Man Utd and our centre half making a surging run though the middle to get into the box from open play!

Also loved the tackle on Graydon when he was clear through on goal resulting in the first yellow card of the game! Reminds me of a game we played at Wembley not that long ago.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »
And once again a thread with a very unpromising title turns into a classic.
Excellent stuff.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
I have been listening to Talksport in the early hours in recent nights and they have had phone interviews with a couple of clearly pissed ex players. The name of the one escapes me at the moment but a couple of nights back they interviewed 'Blackburn legend Simon Garner' and he was absolutely hammered.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »
I know what car he had because he briefly lived down my road when I was a kid. He shared a little semi-detached in Erdington with Gordon Smith, a fellow Scot who had a passing resemblance to Gray at the time. It must have been for just a few months, but the kids down our road couldn't believe their luck, although, I do have a painful memory attached to it.

If my memory serves and with a little bit of help from Google Maps, Gordon Smith lived at number 4 (or 6), Birch Croft. I'd been round there after school,  knocking on the door, hunting for autographs and not only got Gordon Smith's but Ray Graydon's too. I recall the conversation with Godon was very short, partly because I was starstruck but mainly because I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2015, 06:18:18 AM »
I want to know Tom Hanks thoughts on the pitch invasion.
Tom posts on here with user name Darren Woolley. Check out his posts if you want a directional opinion.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
I have been listening to Talksport in the early hours in recent nights and they have had phone interviews with a couple of clearly pissed ex players. The name of the one escapes me at the moment but a couple of nights back they interviewed 'Blackburn legend Simon Garner' and he was absolutely hammered.

"And now to discuss Man City's Champions League prospects, we have City legend Shaun Goater on the line"

?

Offline peter w

« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
Tom Watt is way too good for such a crap radio station.

Eh? What's that got to do with this thread?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »

"And now to discuss Man City's Champions League prospects, we have City legend Shaun Goater on the line"

?

Well Andy Lochhead is a legend in my eyes for Villa, in much the same way real Man City fans will remember Goater I suspect

Offline Crops10

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »
What an awesome thread! Nice to hear all the fond memories of Andy, and the rest of the that team.

Dad always said that Andy was the bravest player he played with, and they were almost telepathic when they played.

Hope your well Jamie!!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2015, 12:36:19 PM »

?

Well Andy Lochhead is a legend in my eyes for Villa, in much the same way real Man City fans will remember Goater I suspect

Goater is a cult hero in a way that can only naturally occur when a club is going through bad times. That is why Small Heath have so  many cult heroes. Goater was also part of the side that emerged from the bad times.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2015, 11:04:23 AM »

?

Goater is a cult hero in a way that can only naturally occur when a club is going through bad times. That is why Small Heath have so  many cult heroes. Goater was also part of the side that emerged from the bad times.

He scored over 100 goals in helping the club from the third division back to the top flight, netting his 100th in winning Maine Road's last derby - so he's up there with Aguero when it comes to heroes with the real City fans.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
What an awesome thread! Nice to hear all the fond memories of Andy, and the rest of the that team.

Dad always said that Andy was the bravest player he played with, and they were almost telepathic when they played.

Hope your well Jamie!!!

And what a player Alex Cropley was too! Another of my heroes. What a team.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »

Hope your well Jamie!!!

And what a player Alex Cropley was too! Another of my heroes. What a team.

Agreed, fantastic player

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »

I heard Steve Nicol on it a few months ago,  he'd clearly had a few, slurring a little and kept repeating the same thing, just like Alan Brazil does in the morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal