collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v West Brom (Round 1) Pre-Match Thread  (Read 35573 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa v West Brom (Round 1) Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Can't see us losing this one but can't see us getting around the Pulisdecker so 0-0.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »
--------Given---------
Hutton Senderos vlaar cissoko
------------Clark------------
Bacuna ----------------Gil
-------------Delph-------------
------benteke-------N'Zogbia ---

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »
Villa 2-1 Clark and Westwood , Cup 0-0

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 07:54:49 AM »
I agree with most of that including playing Gil, not sure about Bacuna though but anything but more Weiman and Gabby.

Bacuna offers more to a match than the useless crab like, mannequin Westwood. I fucking hate that player epitomises everything that's boring about us right now. He should be plying his trade in the lower reaches of the Championship.

You hate a Villa player?

Yes, sorry Dave but I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing shit like Westwood repeating the same mistakes over and over. I'd be happy to see him never play for the club again rather than take thousands out of it.

I love the club, not a fair few of the losers that are currently representing it embarrassingly.

I'd get a sense of proportion if I were you.
[/qu
I agree with most of that including playing Gil, not sure about Bacuna though but anything but more Weiman and Gabby.

Bacuna offers more to a match than the useless crab like, mannequin Westwood. I fucking hate that player epitomises everything that's boring about us right now. He should be plying his trade in the lower reaches of the Championship.

You hate a Villa player?

Yes, sorry Dave but I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing shit like Westwood repeating the same mistakes over and over. I'd be happy to see him never play for the club again rather than take thousands out of it.

I love the club, not a fair few of the losers that are currently representing it embarrassingly.

I'd get a sense of proportion if I were you.

I dislike Westwood playing for Villa, he's shit, what's over reacting about that?

I'm with you aj2k77. He's a completely shit footballer. As for hate, well, it's a word that some people can't accept the use of. If you hate Westwood, fair enough. We are free to choose who we hate, regardless of how significant other people deem them to be or not to be. Some of my language and labeling of Villa players last night was appalling. But it made me feel better. Certainly a lot better than the team made me feel.

As for getting a sense of proportion, again, that's your perspective Dave. I respect that too.

We are all mightily frustrated, pissed off and bored rigid by Villa's ineptitude.

I just hope we can get something from this Baggies game. I thought we tried last night, there was energy. I'd like to see Delph do more. Gabby and Weimann were rubbish, but how many times have we said that this season. I've worn out the question mark key.

Anyway, Up The Villa. 2-1 to us. Both on Tuesday and Saturday.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
Bit cold in Tokyo than Nik fingers not working properly?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »
I tend to reserve hatred for more significant figures than footballers who aren't as good as I'd like them to be.

I hate Westwood playing for Villa in the same manner I hate seeing Rooneys smarmy face after he's dived to win another penalty or listening to a Paul Lambert interview.

I don't hate the bloke, I hate having him playing for us. It's not the same and I think you already know that but decided to pick a fight.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
All I will say is I don't want Abgonlahor starting. Fine on the bench to come on if we need some pace and carry the ball into corners late on, but not from the off. 

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
Time for some faith and nerve. Whilst it's hard to see where a point or a win is coming from what better opportunity for the players, manager and club to draw a line in the sand and say from now on we give everything for the club? Two home games against a local rival in the space of a week to rescue your season - if I played for Villa I'd be fu**ing champing at the bit for Tuesday.

A nervy 1-0.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
Time for some faith and nerve. Whilst it's hard to see where a point or a win is coming from what better opportunity for the players, manager and club to draw a line in the sand and say from now on we give everything for the club? Two home games against a local rival in the space of a week to rescue your season - if I played for Villa I'd be fu**ing champing at the bit for Tuesday.

A nervy 1-0.

Problem is, when was the last time you saw a Villa team all fired up and chomping at the bit to get at the other team?

I'd be guessing but it's probably at least a year? This team is full of losers who can't wait for the season to end.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »

A nervy 1-0.

Problem is, when was the last time you saw a Villa team all fired up and chomping at the bit to get at the other team?

I'd be guessing but it's probably at least a year? This team is full of losers who can't wait for the season to end.

and yet if,say, Tony Pullis was in charge of' a team full of losers, as you eloquently put it,  they would know what job was their responsibility
and suddenly they would no longer be 'losers' they might become winners. But Tom Fox should have seen this when Pullis was available.

But he didn't and we will get relegated...and struggle in the Champoinship.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2015, 09:46:20 AM »
This year's Sunderland at home.

Six-one Villa.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »

A nervy 1-0.

and yet if,say, Tony Pullis was in charge of' a team full of losers, as you eloquently put it,  they would know what job was their responsibility
and suddenly they would no longer be 'losers' they might become winners. But Tom Fox should have seen this when Pullis was available.

But he didn't and we will get relegated...and struggle in the Champoinship.

I agree with you that Pulis can organise a side, there's no doubt about that. What we have here right now is like a perfect storm though, it's not just that we weren't getting results, we also weren't scoring at all, weren't having shots at all, went through a period where we weren't having the ball at all. 12 goals in 20 whatever games, it's almost unprecedented.There was so much wrong and so little time to put it right, I just think we've had too many bad habbits ingrained in us now that anyone coming in would find it a massive challenge.

Offline russon

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
Taking the positives from the Newcastle game, I felt we upped our level from abysmal to dire since the Stoke defeat and with the fans showing 110% support against West Brom I feel we could move on to the next level, just plain awful. Onwards and upwards.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
0-4 drubbing.

On the other hand, a la Sunderland the other year, I'm not going to be there...

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
I tend to reserve hatred for more significant figures than footballers who aren't as good as I'd like them to be.

I hate Westwood playing for Villa in the same manner I hate seeing Rooneys smarmy face after he's dived to win another penalty or listening to a Paul Lambert interview.

I don't hate the bloke, I hate having him playing for us. It's not the same and I think you already know that but decided to pick a fight.

I didn't, but thank you for clearing that one up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal