collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions From Newcastle Fans  (Read 23359 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Questions From Newcastle Fans
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
I don't get the beautiful women reference, am I missing something?

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
That Cheryl Cole or whatever she's called now is a right hound.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »
I don't get the beautiful women reference, am I missing something?

That's the thing with bantz. If opposing supporters are all victims of a cruel genetic experiment then it is a short step from extra fingers and toes, eyes too close together, brothers marrying their sisters, knuckles dragging on the ground etc to positing that their womenfolk or downright fugly.

Of course, those of us that have partied in that neck of the woods know that nothing could be further from the truth and they have a surfeit of superfit lasses.

See. I'm at it now. It's the bantz. 

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 10:34:34 PM »
This term "busted flush" for Darren bent is quite ridiculous . We are crying out for a goal scorer , he's the clubs record signing and he's been sent to coventry following a fall out with the ex-manager and he's banging the goals in.
Ridiculous scenario.
Agree entirely, Bent should have been re-called immediately, not only to put pressure on a mis-firing forward line, but because he is A PROVEN GOALSCORER who was trated badly by PL, he is a player who needs regular football to retain his sharpness, a game here-and-there doesnt work for him. we`ve missed him, no doubt about it.

How many times does it have to be said that he can't be recalled?
We know that, but the whole infuriating point is that a club with diminishing resources coupled with the cows arse/banjo syndrome afflicting the entire forward line should NEVER have allowed that to happen in the first place.
That's exactly the point. Same applies to Robinson .
We now have a rookie 16 year old training with the first team as a back up striking option.
Absolute negligence.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
This term "busted flush" for Darren bent is quite ridiculous . We are crying out for a goal scorer , he's the clubs record signing and he's been sent to coventry following a fall out with the ex-manager and he's banging the goals in.
Ridiculous scenario.
Agree entirely, Bent should have been re-called immediately, not only to put pressure on a mis-firing forward line, but because he is A PROVEN GOALSCORER who was trated badly by PL, he is a player who needs regular football to retain his sharpness, a game here-and-there doesnt work for him. we`ve missed him, no doubt about it.

How many times does it have to be said that he can't be recalled?
We know that, but the whole infuriating point is that a club with diminishing resources coupled with the cows arse/banjo syndrome afflicting the entire forward line should NEVER have allowed that to happen in the first place.
That's exactly the point. Same applies to Robinson .
We now have a rookie 16 year old training with the first team as a back up striking option.
Absolute negligence.

I am more than a little surprised that the last day bid for Ricky Lambert has merited so little discussion.  An astonishing episode if you ask me.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2015, 10:51:26 PM »

I am more than a little surprised that the last day bid for Ricky Lambert has merited so little discussion.  An astonishing episode if you ask me.

According to Tom Fox we'd been after him for weeks but it was only late on that Liverpool agreed to sell him.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2015, 10:53:58 PM »

According to Tom Fox we'd been after him for weeks but it was only late on that Liverpool agreed to sell him.

Thanks for that, I was beginning to think the worst.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »
I'm not sure they even agreed to sell him. They basically left it with him and said they would support him if he wanted first team football or if he wanted to stay.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2015, 10:59:46 PM »
Shambolic really.
The season highlight could well be the fact we Didn't sign Ricky Lambert.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
I'm not sure they even agreed to sell him. They basically left it with him and said they would support him if he wanted first team football or if he wanted to stay.
Which I think is pretty much how Lambert(R) himself reported it several days later.
By which time he was happy to move but there was simply too much admin/personal shite to work out for it to happen in time.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2015, 11:05:16 PM »
Surely that's agreeing to sell him?

If from that choice he says "I want first team football", then how else are they going to support him in achieving that, other than saying that they'll start playing him for the first time since they signed him.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
It's not exactly a motivated seller agreeing to an approach early in January though is it? Much more a reluctant seller who's equally happy not to sell.

Online Dave

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:50 PM »
It's not exactly a motivated seller agreeing to an approach early in January though is it? Much more a reluctant seller who's equally happy not to sell.
How motivated they are has nothing to do with it.

They're either agreeing to let him leave or they aren't. And in this situation, saying that they will go along with what he wants to is agreeing to sell him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:22:53 PM by Dave »

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2015, 11:26:54 PM »

They're either agreeing to let him leave or they aren't. And in this situation, saying that they will go along with what he wants to is agreeing to sell him.

But he said he didn't want t leave, so agreeing with him equals not for sale.

just being contrary.

Online Dave

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:58 PM »

But he said he didn't want t leave, so agreeing with him equals not for sale.
I still disagree. There are two parties who have a decision on whether Rickie Lambert leaves Liverpool.

If Liverpool say "if you want to leave then we will let you leave" then he is unequivocally for sale. The player turning round and saying "I don't want to leave" doesn't stop him being available for sale as far as Liverpool are concerned.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:02:00 AM by Dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal