collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions From Newcastle Fans  (Read 23369 times)

Offline YCCMY

Questions From Newcastle Fans
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. I've been on here before and got a good response. Here are the questions:

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood?
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal?
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent?
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four?
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances?
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?
10 – Scoreline prediction?

Thanks in advance

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Questions From Newcastle Fans
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
1 - I fear this could be our year for the drop. Feel free to laugh at us if so, as we did at you lot (some of your fans do hold a grudge for a joke, don't they? Oh well, idiots everywhere). As for your team, non-descript mid-table for you this season, which looks pretty great from where we're sat.

2 - Underwhelmed by Sherwood. He might keep us up, but I have very very grave doubts long-term, and I also think there's a good chance he will take us down, but that's hardly all his fault. Overall, seems like just another English coach who thinks tactics are mints, but let's see.

3 - Not creating chances. We're unbelievably jittery in the final third, as well as clueless, static, devoid of confidence and unimaginative. Woohoo!

4 - No. Done at the top level. Might get a few tap-ins in the Championship, but you can't afford to have a player in the top flight who just hangs around near the goal, not contributing, then touches the ball in from a yard and wheels away with his shirt over his head.

5 - Juan Pablo Angel. I bet he'd look after the place neatly.

6 - Leicester, QPR and, I hate to say it, Villa to go down. Top four? Chelsea, City, Arsenal aaaand...someone.

7 - A rich tea that's been left in the cuppa for too long. Eventually the heat tells on us, and we fall apart into nondescript, undigestible mush.

8 - It is gloomy, and I imagine that it must have had an impact on attendances. Last season really did it, I think, almost more than this.

9 - I don't think so. You're not really in any danger, so you can afford the luxury of waiting until you have a chance of getting someone really good. The pickings are slim mid-season - look who we got!

10 - Ach, I dunno. 2-1 Newcastle? We might score, but that might be it.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 04:20:58 PM »
1- I think we'll finish 16th-17th this season. That's my most optimistic. But honestly if we go down it won't be unexpected by any stretch. We're awful at the moment. Newcastle have hit the skids since Pardew left. It's a bit of a soap opera up there and it's a hell of an ask for Carver to work under those conditions but I think you'll survive comfortably. 32 points might already be enough. The bottom 4-5 are wretched and will all struggle to pass 30 points.
2- I like his honesty. There wasn't really anyone else, and short term fixes aren't brilliant. Players are less likely to get motivated for a new manager if they know he's only overseeing until May. So a longer term appointment was right. I'd have preferred turfing Lambert out long ago and getting Pulis. I do think Sherwood will have enough to just about see us through.
3-Both. Lambert was clueless and as such the players now have to re-adapt to new ideas and pretty quickly will have to shake off old habits. Likewise certain players aren't pulling their weight. Benteke needs to work harder and Gabby has been a disgrace. He's supposed to bleed claret and blue. A one club man. He plays for us like he's on orders from Birmingham City. It's almost contemptuous.
4- Would he be a better option than Gabby and Weimann? Yes. Would he make much difference? No. It's a shame we missed out on Rickie Lambert. He'd have made a significant difference I feel.
5- Gabby Agbonlahor. That way I could lock him in the room and he won't tarnish the Villa Park turf.
6-Burnley, Leicester and one of QPR, Sunderland or us. Top four will be Chelsea, City, Utd and probably Arsenal.
7-We'd be plane old bland smart price cracker. Because we're so predictably dull at the moment with little chance of any exciting flourishes.
8- Ground down disappointed. We're a collective sigh of resignation.
9- Probably not. Short of waving a lot of money in front of a top manager there aren't many viable options out there, as we've seen. Sherwood didn't fancy the job, probably due to Mike Ashley.
10- This is a game we need to get something from. You're in decline at the moment. If we can't pick up points from games against out of sorts sides and those around us, we're doomed. 1-1.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:23:14 PM by supertom »

Offline Coseley Villa

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle? us just outside bottom 3 , you guys mid table 

2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? too early to say , could be a legend , more likely a numpty whose head we will all be calling for in 12 months time
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Both
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No , tap ins for Derby do not cover the cracks of him being a lazy twat
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Stephanie Roche - do I need to explain?
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Leicester,Burnley,Sunderland, top four Chelski,Man City, Arsenal,Man Utd
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?Rich Tea - Looks good but 1 fucking dunk and its game over
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? no jam in our doughnuts however this could be resolved with 2 good wins against the Albion
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No , Nothing to play for really so can afford to wait for the right man
10 – Scoreline prediction? 2-1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:24:45 PM by Coseley Villa »

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? 18th. What about Newcastle? 12th.
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? Probably couldn't have got anyone better at this stage, Lambert should have gone last summer.
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Not creating anywhere near enough chances, or having enough shots either in or out of the box.
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? Not really, rather see Benteke or Kozak (if fit) ahead of an overweight Bent.
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? John Carew, guys got a great personality and seemed to love his time at AVFC.
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Villa (18th), Burnley (19th), Leicester (20th).
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Something bittersweet.
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? Depressed state. Club kept with a manager in the summer that most fans had lost faith in, and our marquee summer signings were Richardson and Joe Cole, hence a big drop in ST sales.
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? Difficult to say, it means their season will fizzle out, but it could mean they have a better season next year if they get the right man.
10 – Scoreline prediction? Newcastle 1-2 Villa - not convinced about John Carver as head coach.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »
1 – 20th / 13th
2 – Wrong man, wrong time. A qualified experienced coach was needed
3 we create fuck all
4 – Yes 100% with bells on
5 – that US woman international as she is fit like
6 – Us burnley qpr . Chavski Ci£y Yanited Arse
7 – Wagon wheels are off
8 – The Republic of Apathy
9 – no, what's the rush
10 - a fluid 2-0 home win

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »
Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. I've been on here before and got a good response. Here are the questions:

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?   Villa 19th. Newcastle 12th
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood?  Mouth  on a stick.
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Lack of chances mainly. Midfield devoid of creativity.
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No. He is finished at top level.
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Pass
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? Leicester us and QPR/Burnley. Top 2 + Arsenal and Spuds.
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Digestive. Big and tasty back in the day. Bit dull and naff nowadays
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? Mood reflects 5 years of mismanagement.  A leason in how to ru  down an engine.
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No. It was a good idea.
10 – Scoreline prediction? Toon 3 Villa 1

Thanks in advance

1 - 19th

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »
1. It pains me to say it but I think we're going down. I think we'll finish 18th. Newcastle will finish 11th.

2. His appointment rejuvenated the place but that lasted until about 4.50pm last Saturday. His appointment was disappointing but in true Villa fashion we will get behind him.

3. Both

4. No, he's finished as a PL striker.

5. Paul McGrath - so I can say I've found God (in my spare room).

6. Leicester, Burnley & Villa. We're too far away from the top four to care about it.

7. A 9 year old Oreo that has got very stale. The club as a whole is stale.

8. Clinging desperately to the hope that Sherwood is a magician. Yes.

9. Yes

10. 2-1 to you

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season?
17th.
What about Newcastle?
13th. You've a tough few games to finish the season.

Lambert should have gone last summer, Sherwood is what you end up with when you dither. I'm hoping he can bring some confidence to the players and leave the coaching to those better qualified. Glad he's no longer orange.

3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances?
Chances - wasn't that a David Bowie song?

4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No, not even a fit, goalscoring Darren Bent as you require a manager that knows how to play to his strengths and we haven't had one of those since Houllier.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
Alex Morgan. Take a look.

6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four?
Sunderland (18th), Burnley (19th), Leicester (20th).
Top 4? Who really gives a shit providing Man Utd aren't in it.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
Right now, a stale dog biscuit nobody except the insane would eat.

8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances?
Exhausted watching dire football but still with enough faith/hope we can survive the season. If your lot had to watch what we've had to over the last 15 years at Villa Park you'd probably be back to 18k attendances. For some ungodly reason, the fans have haven't given up, maybe the younger ones think this is the norm.

9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?
No. They'll manage to choose from a larger pool come the summer though I still wouldn't trust Ashley to make the right choice.

Newcastle 0-2 Villa - We're not half as bad as we pretend to be.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 05:01:16 PM »
1: 16th / 12th
2: Far from my first choice but he's here now and will hopefully give us the kick up the arse that we need.
3: Not creating chances.
4: No. As we aren't creating chances he'd be even less use than Gabby.
5: Laisa Andrioli
6: Leicester, QPR, Burnley. Who cares.
7: Rocky. Just when you think we're down and out we'll fight back.
8: Too much apathy and negativity.
9: Time will tell. If you get someone good who wasn't available now, then yes.
10: 1-1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:28:47 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? Praying for 16th What about Newcastle? 12th
2 – What are your thoughts on Tim Sherwood? If he keeps us up he'll be a hero. Otherwise, meh.
3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal? Bit of both, mainly the former.
4 – Do you think the club should have kept Darren Bent? No
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Lionel Messi
6 – Who do you think will be the three clubs to get relegated? And who will make up the top four? 3 of the current bottom 4 and the usual suspects elsewhere
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Nice
8 – What is the general mood among Villa fans? Has it contributed to falling home attendances? Given up
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager? No
10 – Scoreline prediction? Shock 0-2 away win

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »
1 - I think we will stay up. Just. 16th or 17th. Looking at the table I think you will finish where you are now, 11th.

2 - A gamble.

3 - Both.

4 - No. Wasn't worth a start and isn't effective as a sub.

5 - Andy Goram. He could do twice the housework.

6 - Leicester, Burnley, QPR
     Chelsea, Man C, Arsenal, Man U

7 - Nice - We are too nice as a team.

8 - Sick and tired of relegation battles. I think that answers your attendance question too.

9 - No. You are mid table so may as well take your time.

10 - 2-0

Offline dekko

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
For us, 17th or 18th.  For you 11th or 12th

I was pretty disappointed when he joined (if another team had given him a job 13 games from the end of the season id have probably laughed my bollocks off), but I'm not so sure now.  He's clear, outspoken, confident and actually sets out to win games (ie the Anti-Lambert), so he was a good appointment to try and bring some swagger back to the place.  That said, what I think we really need is a decent coach and tactician who'd be able to get performances out of the good players we have.  Worryingly, his coaching team are now all in jobs elsewhere, and he seems to be from the Redknapp school of tactics.  He could be great, he could be a disaster.

3 – Is your lack of goals due to not creating chances? Or just from being poor in front of goal?
The former.  We might be poor in front of goal too, but we'd have to actually get in front of goal once in a while to find that out.

Ditching Bent was one of the few things Lambert got right.  He's scoring for Derby but if you're the best team in a poor league you can afford to carry a chubby, lazy git who'll do nothing for 89 minutes of the game.  Although, given the poor form of all our strikers, and the way that Sherwood wants the team to get the ball into the box more often, he'd probably be useful as an option off the bench at least.

Hope Solo.

Leicester, QPR and either us or Burnley

A plain Digestive.  Good old fashioned, solid, British biscuit.  Been around forever, but sadly unable to keep up with all these fancy chocolate and fruity bits that the other biscuits have these days.  If it disappeared from the biscuit box all the digestive lovers would be devastated but nobody else would care that something so bland wasn't around any more.

It was at absolute rock-bottom the day before Lambert went, there was a wave of optimism after Sherwood's half time intervention in our cup game against Leicester the other week, and now its crashed almost all the way back down again.  The poor mood has affected attendances, and given that that mood has come about as a result of a 5th successive relegation battle, an owner who wants out, a massively unpopular manager (until recently), years of crappy signings, record-breaklingly bad form, mind numbing play-for-a-0-0 football and expensive tickets, I'm surprised its taken this long for the crowds to really start dropping off.

From an outsider perspective, not really.  Despite being owned by an absolute bell-end, Newcastle is a big enough club to attract a reasonable standard of manager, and you'll probably stand a better chance of getting one in the summer.

1-1

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »
1-we will hopefully stay up by the skin of our teeth- you lot will be comfortable
2-young vibrant manager who has inherited a great club but sadly whole squad needs sorting out
3-yes and yes
4-definitely yes fans say on here he was a busted flush but he was the best busted flush we had
5-Alex Cropley he was my fave villa player but I would of talked him to death about every game so he would left after one week
6-Leica Qpr burnnley / chelsea manc siteeeeeeee arse lpool
7-chocolate malted milk - love it with all my heart but breaks up so easily at times so breaks my heart
8-we seem to think we have turned that corner like lpool away arse away chelski home etc but we son come back to reality so yes attendances down but when the club needs us like it does now we will be there
9-yes and no if you can stay up which me personally think you will then you can take more time over appointment rather than a quick fix now which might backfire
10-1-2 please God I hope

Offline peter w

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »

Bottom 3. We could even be bottom. Mid-lower table. 13th or so.

Too early to say. i think he just needs to calm down and try and salvage the season.

Both but largely a).

God, no. A busted flush who is doing well in the Championship.

Charlie Athersmith, Joe Bache, devey, Hodgetts...it's in our history

Us, Leicester, QPR

Top 4? erm...Chelsea, man City, and whoever else is up there. i guess Arsenal must be so them and errh (circling hand) liverpool. No real idea.

Jaffa cake. No idea what it is or is trying to be.

Misery under Lambert. Let's wait and see under Sherwood.

No. Sherwood is the best we could have got given the lateness in the season in which we got rid of Lambert. Not easy to get decent managers until their season is over. Wherever they are currently managing.

We need something from this so 3-0 you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal