collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delph signs new deal  (Read 42754 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Delph signs new deal
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »
Well done Fabien, thoroughly deserved.  We have a potential legend in the making here. 

Do you think?  I don't think he has played that well since signing a contract, certainly not as well as I think he can play.

I thought he was excellent in the two stripeyfilth games.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
The left back options in the squad are terrible, Gibbs can't get a start for his club, Baines has had a very poor season and Shaw has been ripped to bits more than often enough to show he's not ready for international football.  The problem is, there's literally no one else to turn to.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2015, 02:13:57 PM »
Well done Fabien, thoroughly deserved.  We have a potential legend in the making here. 

Do you think?  I don't think he has played that well since signing a contract, certainly not as well as I think he can play.

I thought he was very good at the weekend too.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »

I thought he was very good at the weekend too.

He's been inspirational for 45 minutes in all three games, much like the team.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
So the team works if Delph works?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2015, 09:47:08 PM »
The left back options in the squad are terrible, Gibbs can't get a start for his club, Baines has had a very poor season and Shaw has been ripped to bits more than often enough to show he's not ready for international football.  The problem is, there's literally no one else to turn to.

The left back position is a problem, and as Villa fans we know all about that. I'm not sure Baines has recovered from his poor World Cup and he isn't getting any younger. I think making the best of a bad job would be to give Shaw a run in a qualifying group we should be successful in regardless and hope he becomes international class.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

The left back position is a problem, and as Villa fans we know all about that. I'm not sure Baines has recovered from his poor World Cup and he isn't getting any younger. I think making the best of a bad job would be to give Shaw a run in a qualifying group we should be successful in regardless and hope he becomes international class.
Amazed Lowton wasn't considered at LB. After his three games, an all ...

**winky thing**

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2015, 10:30:15 PM »
Interesting, today Sherwood mentioned Delph had the opportunity to go to a top 4 side this year but decided to stay at Aston Villa.

Top bloke.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »
Presumably talking about Liverpool, there were so m any links with him moving there that you would think the deal had been done.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:37 PM »
Interesting, today Sherwood mentioned Delph had the opportunity to go to a top 4 side this year but decided to stay at Aston Villa.

Top bloke.
I'd be really surprised if we accepted a transfer fee from another club and nobody (either club or any agent that stood to benefit from the deal going through) thought to leak it to the media.

Offline OCD

« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:58 PM »

Top bloke.
I'd be really surprised if we accepted a transfer fee from another club and nobody (either club or any agent that stood to benefit from the deal going through) thought to leak it to the media.

Presumably the approach was before he signed a new contract and could have moved on a free.

Online paul_e

« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »

Top bloke.

Would it mean we'd accepted a fee though seeing as he was only 5 months from being on a free?  I'm genuinely not sure what the rules are on openly talking to other clubs but a lot of the bosmans start getting announced around early feb but given I don't pay much attention is that only people going abroad?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2015, 10:50:01 PM »

Top bloke.

Presumably the approach was before he signed a new contract and could have moved on a free.

Top bloke.

Would it mean we'd accepted a fee though seeing as he was only 5 months from being on a free?  I'm genuinely not sure what the rules are on openly talking to other clubs but a lot of the bosmans start getting announced around early feb but given I don't pay much attention is that only people going abroad?
I believe that if it involves a club from a different league then the player can agree terms for a contract with them from the following July. If it's a club in the same league as your current club then you have to wait until the contract has actually expired. So the only way that he could have had the chance to move as suggested above is if we'd either agreed a transfer fee with a club or Villa didn't have a problem with other clubs approaching Delph when they had no right to do so.

Incidentally, I'm guessing by "Top Four side" Sherwood isn't talking about one in Germany or Spain...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:52:15 PM by Dave »

Offline OCD

« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
Historically the rules do say a domestic club can't approach a player until the end of the contract but I doubt that's the case these days. It wouldn't be difficult to get round i.e. a club's acting agent talks about various scenarios with the player's agent. Technically the club hasn't approached the player.

Online paul_e

« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
^ I seem to recall something similar, that's why i wrote my response the way I did.  I guess it could be as simple as us saying he was allowed to talk to teams so that we'd have a point of comparison in our discussions, seems a reasonably sensible approach to me if you're struggling to get it agreed, let him see how green the grass is on the other side and then use that in the discussions.  By doing it that way everything is a bit more open and the club have more details than if they refused (his agent would be having those conversations regardless).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal