collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Palace v Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 20923 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Palace v Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
There's only one result happening tonight, and it's not going to make any of us any happier!!

Are things so bad we're not even going to be happy when we win anymore?

;)

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
I'd genuinely forgotten that we were playing tonight, until about half an hour ago.

No wonder I was feeling quite cheerful.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
Clearly not a pressing need with the amount of entertainment gained from the games being minimal, but are any pubs showing the games in the Sutton area anymore? The Royal and The Three Tuns have shut up shop on them. Probably because they're horrendously shite.

PM sent

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
I fuckin hate Selhurst Park, shit to get to, shit when you're there and I've been 7 times and only ever seen the Villa lose.  That said their atmosphere now is pretty good.
There's only one result happening tonight, and it's not going to make any of us any happier!!

Happy Christmas!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »
I'm genuinely really excited to watch this tonight, I always feel like I get the love for Villa back when times get really tough like this. All the discussion and emotion lets me know that I care.

Offline peter w

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
Its going to be cold and we're going to be shite. maybe the odd perked up moment but from the first whistle I'll be hoping the referee blows the final one. That Villa are playing on my mnaor and I know quite a few palace fans makes this doubly difficult to take if we perform as per usual.

Offline N'Rexy

• GM : Jan, 2012
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »
Its a shitty night. Rain. Wind. Cold. We better be up for this or its going to be grim.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »
What I'd give to see the beast rip them a hideous new arsehole. Come on Benteke, do the business for us.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »
I can see Jedinak and Ledley plonking themselves in front of their back four. They could easily boss the game. They're hard and streetwise. Sanchez is too sloppy and Cleverley and Westwood are too soft - if they get hold of the midfield they'll win the game. Sadly - I think that's exactly what will happen.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
I'd go with

Guzan

Hutton
Clark
Okore
Cissokho

Sanchez
Westwood
Cleverley

Cole

Benteke
Agbonlahor

a midfield diamond sort of formation. We'll need Gabby to use his pace, as I doubt Dann and Hangelaand will be able to handle that - but if we lump balls up to Benteke in the air all night they'll love that.

Offline supertom

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »
I can see Jedinak and Ledley plonking themselves in front of their back four. They could easily boss the game. They're hard and streetwise. Sanchez is too sloppy and Cleverley and Westwood are too soft - if they get hold of the midfield they'll win the game. Sadly - I think that's exactly what will happen.
I think so to.
I think we'll be purely reliant on a moment of magic from Benteke, or possibly Cole (if he manages another 45 minutes today).

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2014, 05:49:43 PM »
I'm genuinely really excited to watch this tonight, I always feel like I get the love for Villa back when times get really tough like this. All the discussion and emotion lets me know that I care.
Same here. Despite how shit it is villa remain and always will very important in my life .

Offline villa_cads

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »
Its a shitty night. Rain. Wind. Cold. We better be up for this or its going to be grim.

And worst of all I've got the lurgy, I've had a shirty day at work, a chap on the full train from Woking is asleep on two seats and my coffee is too acrid... Still up for tonight though, UTV!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
Same here. Despite how shit it is villa remain and always will very important in my life .

Amen brother

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »
I wonder where we will appear on MOTD, got the feeling it won't be a classic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal