collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:47:24 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Drummond
[Today at 10:55:33 AM]

Re: VAR by OCD
[Today at 10:54:05 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:53:28 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:11 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by frank black
[Today at 10:50:59 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 28244 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2014, 05:21:30 PM »
If we win tomorrow, then consider me a good luck charm. We haven't lost any of my away games since I started doing a few again, our only 2 wins at Stoke since they got promoted were my two visits. Win tomorrow and i'll expect you folks to start buying my away tickets and travel!

And Mr Sox can't wait to have me decorate his car with scarves!

Do you still do that hang a scarf out the window job? That brings back a few memories.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »
If we win tomorrow, then consider me a good luck charm. We haven't lost any of my away games since I started doing a few again, our only 2 wins at Stoke since they got promoted were my two visits. Win tomorrow and i'll expect you folks to start buying my away tickets and travel!

And Mr Sox can't wait to have me decorate his car with scarves!

Do you still do that hang a scarf out the window job? That brings back a few memories.

Yep. It's a car tradition for me going back being a nipper with my parents going to games. Mr Sox very kindly tolerates it. I love the sound of a scarf flapping on a window. I'm dead mature!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
I'm with you all the way, Mr Shins. Nothing better than seeing other Villa fans on the road. The only positive this season to date has been our fantastic away support. They deserve so much more then the crap served up.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
I'm with you all the way, Mr Shins. Nothing better than seeing other Villa fans on the road. The only positive this season to date has been our fantastic away support. They deserve so much more then the crap served up.

With just over 4K of us tomorrow there should be plenty of us on the roads. Something very satisfying about giving the thumbs up to other Villans on the road. If you see a car with a Villa scarf out the window heading to Wales, that will be me and Mr Sox!

Offline steamer

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »
I went to Turf Moor (is it still called that) in 74 for a cup game, what a let down, in the previous round we had beat Arsenal in a replay at Villa Park in front of 48,000 fans baying for blood after the Sammy Morgan/Bob wilson clash at Highbury.
I do not know how many Villa fans were at Turf Moor that day but the crowd according to the reccords was 29,000, I hazard a guess of 6,000 +Villa.
In true Villa style we lost 1.0 I think it was Riochs last game for us.
My stongest memory of that day was, "it is a bit strange up North"
We sat in a traffic jam trying to get out of the place for what seemed like hours, we were in a residential area, artypical Northern streets and all the doors were open with people standing on doorsteps or hanging out of windows gawping at us as if they were visitors at a zoo looking at a new specis.
You can only imagine the non politicaly correct chants and insults that that were hurled at them.
It was February and bleak.
It is surrounded by hills and I think that whoever wrote Jerusalam, and penned those lines about " Dark Satanic Mills " must have just come back from a weekend in Burnley.
For everyone going tomorrow, have a great day out, irrespetive of the result, you are Aston Villa not Lerner or the Muppet Lambert.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
Arrived base camp Wigan. Few beers then press onto burnley tomorrow about 11.

UTV VTID LWT ABV ASBO

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2014, 07:42:11 PM »
Already arrived in Burnley - very misty and dank but not too cold. In fact much warmer than Monday night. Motorways were busy coming up lots of roadworks. Get here early if you want to park a car.

My theory about Keano is he was told Grealish might start tomorrow and he still wants him to play for Ireland. Either that or he has upset one of the other players.

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
Burnley 2-0 villa. Praying that I'm wrong!!

Offline john2710

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »
Lambert is getting increasingly isolated, results are shite, performances are shite, crowds are falling & those who do go want him out. Senior players are on the brink of leaving for nothing, those remaining are not good enough. Then Keane's does a sudden exit, hopefully just before the axe falls.

If Lambert's days are numbered, would you rely on Lerner to get it right next time? By this time next week we might have seen the back of this clown.

We'll win tomorrow, though.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Regardless of the current circus surrounding the club, I just want us to win tomorrow. A few points from the next 3 fixtures is vital.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2014, 11:42:13 PM »
Regardless of the current circus surrounding the club, I just want us to win tomorrow. A few points from the next 3 fixtures is vital.

That's the problem though isn't it mate. We want the Villa to do well but it just keeps an inept manager in post.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »
Have read little of the earlier threads, not long back from the commitments in London, would be nice if all 11 of our players could show that. Would certainly bin NZogbia after Monday, loads of talent but does he want to be here? Other than that, cant see much change and reckon we will win :-(, that is bad news for us with my tips this season

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »
I feel that way too.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2014, 01:51:36 AM »
I feel that way too.

And me.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2014, 01:58:16 AM »
I cannot believe any Villa fan would not want us to win

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal