collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match of the Day  (Read 11669 times)

Offline godzvilla

Match of the Day
« on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
Ably abetted by Brad Friedel & Danny Murphy ,the sycophantic  Mark Chapman managed to produce one of the most one sided reviews of a Game I have ever seen . Friedel said a few kind words about the Villa before he and his cohorts embarked on an in-depth review of Tottenham,s performance in which they managed to completely ignore Villa,s participation altogether and OTT praise of ' flavour of the month' ( in London )Harry Kane who,s 15 mins on the pitch and ' scoring' of a goal that came off a wicked deflection by Villa Defender , Baker , was apparently enough to make him ' Man of the Match' ?!.  Friedel , who had no shame in showing his bias by using " we " when referring to Spurs  , condoned the blatant ' in your face ' foul by Spurs midfielder , Mason that got Benteke sent off and stated that the previous provocative tactics by Spurs were the " spice" that Spurs needed .
So apparently Friedel believes  its ok to win by foul means then and get fellow Pro,s sent off (?) , I guess he learnt that at Tottenham ?, because he certainly did,nt learn it at Villa.  ……..Godzvilla!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:34:55 PM by Legion »

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Match of the Day & Brad Friedl
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »
I turned it over after the intro to the game in which they referred to Pochettino as being the manager under pressure!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »
I didn't see it but I don't blame Brad for saying "we" and being biased as he is a Spurs player.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »
Freidel is still a Spurs player so he's bound to refer to his present club as 'we'.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
I'm glad I don't get to see MOTD anymore or hear the punditry on UK tv.

It sounds relentlessly biased and generally lazy. Commentry we get is the same feed and cringeworthy.

Back inthe day, at least Jimmy Hill told it like it was.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
Freidel is still a Spurs player so he's bound to refer to his present club as 'we'.

Same. He's a Spurs player so what's the problem?

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
He was fairly balanced I think. I don't think the media is against us: we're just not very interesting.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »
We love the villa but most people watching will think , what's the point in Villa, it likes watching paint dry.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
It didn't really annoy me much and Friedel did correctly state that the game turned on the Benteke incident.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
I turned it over after the intro to the game in which they referred to Pochettino as being the manager under pressure!

Well he is the only manager under pressure in that match. Lambert isn't as even after the last few years and some early results this season without a massive difference in performances, they decide to give him a pay rise and a further 4 years.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
My point re Friedel ( clearly not shared by many )is that , as a Pundit , surely he should maintain a minimal amount of bias ?. Last night,s MOD was supposed to be a review of our game but in reality it was a review of Tottenham,s performance .
 I watched the game on TV and thought this was a much improved Villa performance , consequently I was interested to hear  the
' key analysis ' of the ' expert pundits' , especially on the Benteke sending off , I really should have known better !...........Godzvilla!

Offline myf

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »
Haven't watched it since September for obvious reasons

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
I honestly can't watch stuff like MoTD when we have results like we have recently.

I don't even read the sports sections of the sunday papers, let alone watch any pundit-based nonsense on Sky.

The last three years or so, I've seen MoTD a handful of times. For obvious reasons.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »
I honestly can't watch stuff like MoTD when we have results like we have recently.

I don't even read the sports sections of the sunday papers, let alone watch any pundit-based nonsense on Sky.

The last three years or so, I've seen MoTD a handful of times. For obvious reasons.

Same here. And I refuse to watch it again until Des Lynam leaves.

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
Lets face it, thanks to messrs Lambert and Lerner we're a complete non-entity, an irrelevance that nobody gives a shit about anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal