collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans accost public enemy No.1 Steve Hodge on his return to Villa Par  (Read 14916 times)

Offline manic-road

The problem with Curcic and Collymore was that they both went a bit chicken oriental so weren't able to perform at the level they ere capable of.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
That's 'Mysteryman' doing the throttling isn't it?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
That's 'Mysteryman' doing the throttling isn't it?

Yes.

I see he's toned down the new romantic look.

Offline edgysatsuma89

How did Platt leave under a cloud?  That's an odd one.

Learning Italian and pining for a move to Italy while still playing for us. He couldn't leave fast enough the spoon faced cock socket.

Also seems to forget he ever played for us, let alone how we turned him from a lower leagues player into an England regular.

These days, if you do get a peep out of him about us, it is almost never positive, and invariably without the slightest hint of affection for the club.

Great player for us, but an unlikable bell end with a frankly ridiculous face.

The ridiculous faced c***.

Lolgasm

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Sasa Curcic er wasnt he in the film "The Usual Suspects"  :-*

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
I remember him gifting a goal (to Norwich I think) with a sloppy back pass at the Holte End and all hell broke loose. After that he was public enemy number one.
Then the wanker finally left then constantly scored past us to make matters worse.

I remember that back pass and his reaction like it was yesterday. In all my years of watching the Villa I'd never seen a player that really didn't give a shit until that day.

It's really one of those stand out moments that I can still see clear as day. Hodge trudging back to the halfway line for the kick off after his back pass, Steve Hunt coming over to give him a consoling pat on the head and the Holte going completely berserk.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
AM I right didnt Hodge take a penalty and hit it half arsed, suffice to say the keeper saved it easily? mists of time but thats what I recall.

Offline Lucky Eddie

Hodge and Platt should be in a movie; Smug and Smugger 2.

To be directed by HDE.

Offline robbo1874

The problem with Curcic and Collymore was that they both went a bit chicken oriental so weren't able to perform at the level they ere capable of.
curcic managed it at Bolton and Collymore at Southend forest and Liverpool, both of the consistently. To be fair I thought both did ok for us, but most of us would've hoped and expected more out of them.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Wasn't Curcic filmed having some kind of nervous breakdown on a busy road in Belgrade?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
I've said before, a friend of mine got to know Curcic really well while he was with us and I had lunch with him one day. A few things I learnt about Curcic from the lunch and my mate.

He was a really really nice bloke
He was a batshit mentalist
He hated playing football and only did it because it meant he could provide for his family back home

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Wasn't Curcic filmed having some kind of nervous breakdown on a busy road in Belgrade?

no usual suspects was filmed in America.

Sorry , yes I think that was discussed on here some months ago, about his illness.

Offline andyaston

Platt might be a bit of a twat but he was brilliant for us. His goals in the second part of the 87/88 season got us up, the next season him, Daley and Rambo (half a season) were the reason we stayed up. In 89/90, him, and God were brilliant and we almost piped Liverpool to the title. The following season with Taylor gone and Doctor Jo trying to get a long ball team to play like Spain, he kept us up single handed. I think he deserved a move.

Hodge on the other hand grade A arse.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
I managed to get onto a TalkSport phone in to have a pop at Hodge, he admitted the Norwich game was one of the lowest points of his career.

Offline jimmygreen

• GM : Jan, 2013

...  But at least leave with a good word and a nod to how playing for the club has been the privilege that thousands and thousands of us would give our eye-teeth to have the opportunity to do.

We don't want much do we - if they are going onto better, they leave under these circumstances, with an acknowledgement. I don't want us to be given clichéd dollox about us being the greatest fans in the world. Just for them to recognise that simple fact about priviledge above. Someone like Sir Graham gets it. I think that there's plenty of ex-players that do. It's just that some of ones that you'd hope would see that we were instrumental in making them realise their greatness don't. I don't care if they celebrate a goal against us - as long as they don't kick the backside out of it.

That sack of shite can go cram a beer can up his backside though. He's about as welcome as Hopkins.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal